It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is my psychologist keeping me passive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi

I'm sure the majority of ATS readers are already aware of this. However I have only become truly aware of this and it has shocked me how I've manipulated myself in order to survive my meaningless life without any real intention or hope to change this disgusting world we live in.

When I came to ATS I thought I'd found many like minded people who had woken up to the injustices of the world and we would all come together to think of possible ways to change it. However wrong and naive was I.

It was the event recently in Afghanistan where the US openly bombed a hospital that has opened my eyes and shown how far we have gone. Upon hearing of this injustice I made a thread thinking this would be some of the most shocking news and ATS would demand heads roll. However only few replies came in and a lot were making excuses. Then there was silence. The msm basically denied the event has happened and everyone I know disn't get it in their daily news feed.

I have never felt so alone and angry. I made repeated posts on why there is no outcry but to very limited response. I couldn't believe it as a similar action by other countries and we would be at war.

Then I realised the role ATS plays in my life. When I wasn't able to use ATS as a psychologist for my talking therapy I grew angrier and to a point dangerous because I seen the world as it truly is and my role of accepting it and facilitating it. ATS provides me with like minded people who I can show my anger and convince myself I'm above the rest and that we can end this madness.

I now understand ATS keeps us passive enough so we don't lash out when we realise we are like the rest of the sheep.

Do you realise that we are doing nothing here but moan and bit*h in order to allow us to feel we have tried to end the murderous campaigns in this world?
edit on 6-10-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yessssssssssss.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Well, first of all, we didn't bomb the hospital for the sake of bombing a hospital--the Afgan government requested our assistance and it looks like it ended up being a mistake. Our country is set apart from other countries because it does not purposely hurt innocent civilians during wartime. You can verify that via plenty of historical resources--and through the fact that, despite what you may feel, war is sometimes necessary and is a product of the human condition. Now, don't get me wrong--I hate war, too. But I am not foolish enough to believe that it is never necessary. First, understand that what your feeling is nothing new--and try to look outside of your own feelings and at logic, because otherwise you're just setting yourself up for deception. So, instead of feeling disillusioned by recent media reports, I suggest that you take some time to educate yourself on war ethics and history and comparative politics so that you can better understand and correctly assess the situation. If you'd like suggestions for resources where you can look up and learn about said information, please ask--I just had a similar conversation last night and can provide you with the information if you would like.

Anyway, life does have meaning. It's a test. It's an experience. Life is beautiful. Life only lacks meaning if you don't believe in the inherent value that each and every one of us has. I understand what it feels like to hate oneself--and to realize that the world is rather twisted and only getting worse.

I suggest listening to some Terence McKenna. I think you'd find what he says to be rather cathartic. I agree with his sentiments that we should focus on creating, rather than merely consuming. What do you love to do? What was your passion as a child? Consider those things and go from there.

But I think your anger is rather concerning--and I suggest that you let it go. It won't do anything helpful for you. War, for instance, is a product of evil and hatred (which, as I said, is an innate part of the human condition). ATS is not a therapist--nor should you treat it as such because you're going to be let down. If you need a therapist--then get one. There's no shame in admitting that you want to talk to someone about what's bothering you.

It is very easy to respond to things with platitudes, but as you said they do nothing to change anything. I think you need to start looking realistically at life--and that means you need to start looking logically at things. It's a great thing to be a skeptic--but you're being cynical and that is rooted in cognitive dissonance and willful ignorance. I think that perhaps also reading Plato's works would be a good idea for you.

I don't know who you are or how old you are or what your situation in life is--but instead of running to anger and hatred--run to love instead. You will feel a lot better if you start with love.

I understand that it is likely that nothing I say will convince you to stop relying solely upon your feelings as your 'logic', but I still feel a need to try to help lead you in a better direction. Everything happens for a reason--and don't ever give up hope because there is ALWAYS hope.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Who's bitching?

I never bitch or moan about my lot, maybe about some of the decisions made by elites, maybe when I see social injustice.

But my lot I'm happy with.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Just wanted to say that I think that that is very admirable of you.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Therte's a big difference from being manipulated, to being complacent.
From what you've described you're stuck in complacency mistaking it for something else.

If you are truly disturbed by the bombing in Afghanistan DO SOMETHING!
Write a letter, volunteer somewhere.....get off the internet and take some action.
If you recall in my thread I mentioned there was a place on the MSF website to donate to the org. Everyone ignored it, but whatever.

I'm guessing the bombing is just a trigger for something else going on, hope you feel better soon!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I gave you your 1500th star.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Thankyou for taking the time to respond in a constructive and helpful manner. I really appreciate it.

Regarding hate and love. I have 2 beautiful children and an amazing partner I choose to look at them and realise I'm the luckiest man alive. Even though I have my problems (I care for my partner who is suffers from a psychotic illness and my daughter who has hydrocephalus and spina bifada. I also have a terrible chronic disease crps), but so does everyone. Maybe my anger is compounded by my own pain. It can get overwhelming at times.

See.....psychologist.

Like everyone I guess....I feel terrible sadness and pain when I see others suffer. Gets to the point you would rather bury your head in the sand than see what is happening to other people.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Once I accepted that to live is to suffer my life became bittersweet instead of just bitter.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This has always been the argument about most forms of entertainment - bread and circus. A diversion.

It just feels stranger on the web, particularly a CT site, because you are actively engaging in dystopian topics, peeling back the onion to see what's there or what might really be going on. It can sometimes feel very important and empowering.

Just don't confuse discussion with actually doing anything about those topics.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That was the loveliest post I've read in a long time. Just thought I'd tell ya.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

I now understand ATS keeps us passive enough so we don't lash out when we realise we are like the rest of the sheep.

Right. As long as the energy is being expended in discussion forums, it doesn't build up to the point of exploding.

Worry about those who are quiet, and say nothing.

This is the secret of "freedom of speech". Allow your population to say anything, and that will diffuse their desire to take action and do something.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969Do you realise that we are doing nothing here but moan and bit*h in order to allow us to feel we have tried to end the murderous campaigns in this world?

While moaniong and b!tching here, at least you aren't off hurting people!
That's a 'good' thing', no?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Yes. But also by moaning on here you are taking away some of that desire to fix that problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ask to switch your medication to Aripriprizole, and maybe deny a mental disorder and claim that you have an eating disorder, that way they'll stop the anti-psychotics and put you on supplements like "fortisip".

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
a reply to: namelesss

Yes. But also by moaning on here you are taking away some of that desire to fix that problem.

You 'assume' that there is a 'problem'.
You 'believe' that there is a 'problem'.
As far as I am concerned, that is insufficient evidence to jump up and 'do' anything!
What is, is by definition, necessary!
With your limited Perspective, the death on the news is someone's baby, someone's son... how do you know that their death did not prevent a genocide a few years down the line?
How do you know that their death will not remove a toxic gene from the gene-pool?
We have no sufficient Perspective to judge That Which Is!

All you can do is to BE the 'change that you want to see'!
Be unconditional Love and and the Healing begins!
We all Heal together!

You need not DO things to other people because you BELIEVE that there is a 'problem'.
All 'problems' exist in the imagination/ego of the beholder!
Toxic insanity lies in 'belief'!

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!

No one harms others unless they host some 'belief' or other!

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." --Richard Bach
edit on 7-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join