It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Warns World On Brink Of New Recession

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The IMF have warned that the World is on the brink of a new recession.

The world is back on the brink of recession, the International Monetary Fund has warned in its latest assessment of the global economy.

The IMF cut its forecast for world economic growth this year from 3.3% to 3.1%.

That would be the lowest annual growth rate since 2009, and is only fractionally higher than the 3% level under which economists consider the world to be in recession.

So, less than 8 years from the beginning of the last recession, we face another another. At least last time around China seemed to go unscathed, but this time around, It looks like they will be dragged into it.

I remember back in 2008, everybody talking up a recession and then the banks started to fail. Will we talk ourselves into another recession? I think we probably will.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I would say let it fail so we can restart anew, but the wealthy interests that call the shots will print more money to save their skins. The inflation will work its way to everyone else and groceries and living expenses will become even more expensive.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thanks IMF, I'm sure they are a concerned party. (Concerned about their wealth that is - not the people)

Those scumbags would love to watch the world burn as they profit off it. Then when it does they can say "we told you so" and act like they are actually honest/legit.

Screw the IMF. Screw the Trilateral Commission. They're all sharks and warmongers.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Kind of conflicts with this thread?

Global Poverty Will Hit New Low This Year, World Bank Says

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have more faith in the tooth fairy than anything these elitists tell us.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yep. And its gonna start with the US Stock Crash on Nov 19, 2015.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dang the ppl are living over their earnings, even with pretty much any country has great number living under of poor limits, i truly hope they stop focusing mid class and poorer with these problems and start looking their own policies that led to these times. Lets cut the cap between wealthiest and poorest, start building community that meets the reality: we all humankind over here.. Then soon we could realize we do not need such military spending`s either, how fast would the world recession disappear?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

It's tempting to just let it fail, but you can be sure that if it does, everyday Joes like you and I will suffer the most.

Maybe they want to let it fail at the top? They will not suffer.

edit on 6/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Kind of conflicts with this thread?

Global Poverty Will Hit New Low This Year, World Bank Says

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have more faith in the tooth fairy than anything these elitists tell us.

Yes, I saw that thread.

I don't know what game they are playing, but if it's to confuse everybody so they don't believe anything they read anymore, then they're winning.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Yep. And its gonna start with the US Stock Crash on Nov 19, 2015.

Do you have inside knowledge? Why the 19th November? What's so significant about that date?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I remember back in 2008, everybody talking up a recession and then the banks started to fail. Will we talk ourselves into another recession? I think we probably will.

Why would the banks fail? They are soooooo big now thanks to Dodd-Frank doing exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

Herp derp, governemnt. Herp derp.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
Dang the ppl are living over their earnings, even with pretty much any country has great number living under of poor limits, i truly hope they stop focusing mid class and poorer with these problems and start looking their own policies that led to these times. Lets cut the cap between wealthiest and poorest, start building community that meets the reality: we all humankind over here.. Then soon we could realize we do not need such military spending`s either, how fast would the world recession disappear?

Many believe the people at the top are not humankind, I am beginning to think maybe there is something in that belief.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
'new' recession? the last one is still ongoing. we've never had it so bad. well, 99% of us, that is.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Why would the banks fail? They are soooooo big now thanks to Dodd-Frank doing exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

Herp derp, governemnt. Herp derp.

Oh, they'll never fail, it is obvious they hold a lot of influence over our elected officials.

They let the steel plant go under, but my God, they will not let a bank go under. They will bail them out or encourage other banks to buy the failing ones out.

Or Nationalise.

edit on 6/10/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's a bit like firing a gun into the air
and proclaiming
"Someone may have fired a gun in the air"

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
'new' recession? the last one is still ongoing. we've never had it so bad. well, 99% of us, that is.

Indeed, but it's about to get much worse according to the IMF.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Does this news really shock anyone, really. The banksters have been putting this off for the past 6-8 years. its like a reset switch. The Chinese have been betting on this, and have been stalk piling Gold assests for a long time, The Chinese are estimated to mine up to 50 tonnes of gold a year, And No one is going to buy into a new World currency unless its really backed by legit Gold. No more crazy credit, as a way to trick the World, into thinking its worth more than it really is. Everyone is going to get knocked down a few pegs, but the ones that were running the last Currency will go straight to the bottom.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I know a prophet. I have a method of mapping out dates of fulfillment.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The British Conservative Party will not like this one bit if it happens on their watch.

They won't be able to blame The Labour Party like they did last time. Be prepared for their feeble excuses if and when it does happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Remember in 2008, when they berated the Labour Party's handling of the situation? Cameron was asked what he would do differently and he didn't have an answer.

I really hope it doesn't happen n their watch. And that's not because I agree with what Labour did, but not to have a credible solution, I bet it will be the same today.

To be fair though, back in January, both Cameron and Osborne warned of this. Insider trading anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think the major issue with a recession is the middle class, when you "build a working system" that actually functions as a debt spiral for the middle class. Usually a "nullification comes after" a large scale war in the past cause most of the resources were depleted. And the majority of the population had to "work together", the issue now is the demographics in the western world, ill quote a modern phrase "the old doesnt work" and "the young" doesnt know how to "work in a system". Maybe its time to "force" the young to understand the "obligations" to take part in your rights "in the society"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join