It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Candidate Augustus Sol Invictus Admits To Sacrificing Goat, Drinking Its Blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What the hell? Anyone hear about this one?

So this kook changes his name to Augustus Sol Invictus ("Majestic Unconquered Sun") and tries to hijack the Libertarian Party of Florida.

Libertarian leadership is resigning and getting away from this "person" as fast as possible. I don't blame them, anyone who would change their name to this is just creepy in my opinion.

Part of story below, more at link:
www.chicagotribune.com...

Two years ago, Augustus Sol Invictus walked from central Florida to the Mojave Desert and spent a week fasting and praying, at times thinking he wouldn't survive. In a pagan ritual to give thanks when he returned home, he killed a goat and drank its blood.

Now that he's a candidate for U.S. Senate, the story is coming back to bite him.

The chairman of the Libertarian Party of Florida has resigned to call attention to Invictus' candidacy in hopes that other party leaders will denounce him. Adrian Wyllie, who was the Libertarian candidate for governor last year, says Invictus wants to lead a civil war, is trying to recruit neo-Nazis to the party and brutally and sadistically dismembered a goat.

It's an awkward situation for the small party that's trying to gain clout.

"He is the absolute exact opposite of a Libertarian. He's a self-proclaimed fascist. He's promoting a second civil war," Wyllie said. "It's absolute insanity. We must explain to people this is the opposite of Libertarians. This guy has no place in the Libertarian Party."

Invictus, a 32-year-old lawyer who changed his given name — which he declines to reveal — to a Latin phrase that means "majestic unconquered sun," says Wyllie is just running a smear campaign and is twisting his words into lies. No, he says, he's not a white supremacist, pointing out his four children are Hispanic — though he acknowledges that some white supremacists support his campaign. No, he says he isn't trying to start a civil war, but he says the government already is at war with its citizens and that it's certain to escalate.

"The only question is when are the citizens going to start fighting back?" he said in a phone interview Friday. "I don't think I'm the only person who sees a cataclysm coming, but I think I'm the only person saying it, and I think that scares people."

Sacrifice? Yes. Brutal and sadistic? Not according to Invictus.

"I did sacrifice a goat. I know that's probably a quibble in the mind of most Americans," he said. "I sacrificed an animal to the god of the wilderness. ... Yes, I drank the goat's blood."

He admits he's been investigated by the FBI, the U.S. Marshals and other law enforcement.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think this guy is an ATS member!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow who taught this man that non-traditional politics is the way to get elected...?

Trump.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
Wow who taught this man that non-traditional politics is the way to get elected...?

Trump.

Ha!

This guy takes the prize! I don't think Trump could say anything crazy enough to beat out this guy.
edit on 5-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Screw congressman or senator or whatever this guy is going for. Let's make this guy King of the World and Lord of the Humans!! He kills a Goat in some sacrificial voodoo ritual and drinks it's blood and you people can't get behind it??? Where's your spirit folks??? We need a strong leader remember. Someone more like Putin and that Israeli guy Net-n-Yahoo.

Seriously though, I almost thought this guy was out of his mind, but then I read he's running for office in Florida. I mean come on, you have to be at least this crazy to make it in Florida from what I can tell.

Boy those Libertarians really found themselves some winners didn't they??? What's next a circus geek or maybe a guy who worships flaming monkey poo and eats glass to celebrate the God of Toenails???

Ahhhhh......Florida!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Politicians of all religions are the most revolting, dispicable, deceptive criminal scumbags there are. Im not afraid to give a goat blood drinker a chance at the job. How bad could he be?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds like the perfect candidate for President.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I take back what I said about this guy. Crazy, maybe. Dangerous, probably. Genius, most likely. Revolutionary, absolutely.

I was just reading his A Call for Total Insurrection and I must say I'm not sure why he's wasting his time running for office. He's selling himself short. This guy could without a doubt be the next great cult icon and underground leader of this and the next generation.

I'm going to say that unless he ends up dead from his ideological rivals in the near future, you will without a doubt be hearing more about him. This is not the kind of guy who just fades into the fog or war. He's the guy who lives within the fog and emerges from it covered in the blood of those who were too blind to see through it and prepare themselves for what they failed to see coming for them.

Whether or not you see him as a positive or negative thing matters very little. But he is going to be a force of change or die trying in the coming years. That is my prediction.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Still less evil than Hillary, and most of Capitol Hill. But wtf is wrong with our leaders? Is brain damage a requirement?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
WOW, that ...ahh.. type guy probably won't go too far...wow.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Probably the best candidate out there! The point is, if democracy was more than the shadow we perceive, more people like him would be in government. Honest people. Who aren't afraid for the world to know them and not afraid of people wanting to be who they are. The system is an old man's board-game, played with old men's rules... the game changes but the rules are governed by old men, scared of change... Generally the choice of candidates doesn't matter all that much, how great are the changes after a candidates run? Vast? Possibly, but who made those changes? The candidate? or the people behind the candidate? Each with an agenda. Status quo wins every time... until the rebels arrive!

top topics

join