It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No: 269, 05 October 2015, Press Release Regarding the Violation of Turkish Airspace by a Russian Fed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: tommyjo

I am wondering if this were a middle finger to Turkey from the Syrian airforce. With Russia in theater now its entirely possible some fighter pilot was feeling emboldened and decided to show off.

The other possibility - A Syrian fighter flown by a Russian pilot to test Turkey.

I agree. I think that it is just the Syrian Air Force emboldened by the Russian deployment goading the Turks. It is a dangerous game if the Russians allow them to do it and can only lead to someone getting shot down.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
AND here we go...Like I have said elsewhere LET Russia get bogged down and take some Jihadi heat..news.vice.com...

THEIR turn again.

I doubt muslim extremism is going to remain restricted to the Middle East where Russia is concerned via Chechnya and Dagestan (I forget the name of the 3rd heavily muslim area).

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

The 64 thousand dollar question -

Who is calling the shots militarily speaking - Syria? Russia? Iran?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh ,PUTIN easy...

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is likely exactly what the Russians say it is a plane off course do to weather. The Russian's have a history of bad navigation and command and control. Likely why they are using dumb bombs as well. In Georgia it was so bad they kept shooting down their own planes. In Syria we can expect them to me off course often. It will take some time to get it sorted out.

Clearly the Russian's do not want any kind of conflict with Turkey since its forces in Syria are very vulnerable. And A conflict with Turkey would bring NATO and likely the entire Arab League who are not happy with Russia.

As all this plays out you have wonder what Kadyrov the ruler of Chechnya is thinking. He has been building his own forces, kicked out Russia police, threatened Russian judges for anti Islamic rulings and basically place Chechnya under Sharia law. And when he threatened to kill any Russian police who came into his territory Putin looked the other way. All because he says he is loyal to Putin. Not to Russia, as Russia has basically handed the place over to him. So you have to wonder as Russia grows weaker and weaker what his plan is.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Id rather dumb bombs and smart pilots than smart bombs and dumb pilots just ask Medicin Sans Frontiers

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

It wasn't a MiG that violated their airspace. It was a Sukhoi. The MiG incident occurred the next day. The Russian aircraft that they were talking about, the Sukhoi, violated Turkish airspace by accident. The next day an unknown MiG-29 locked up Turkish F-16s on radar. That aircraft is almost certainly Syrian as there are no Russian MiG-29s in the area.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Syrian, Russian... At this point it doesn't really matter, does it? The Turks hate both.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Syrian they're a lot more likely to shoot at first. Russian they'll talk first and shoot later.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join