It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns because of Tyrannical governments.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. I think as long as people can sit in their lazy boy chairs, drink their beer, soda and have their trinkets and gadgets, they won't do anything.
You take that away from them, they MIGHT do so. MAYBE

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well, you have a good point, MonkeyBoy, and I have thought the same thing before. The time to use them has come and gone. They play the game of the frog in the pot of water, slowly increasing the heat, so that, if we did use them, we would look like the bad guys, we would look like terrorists. We would probably not have global dupport, at least not among the governments of our NATO allies, which is most important. But they are ensnared within the same corrupt group.

But, I think that is no readon to give them up. I also have to think it would be much worse by now if we did. It forces them to advance their agenda in slower increments. Meanwhile, more and more people are waking up to the truth, so we may be able to use "the 'mighty' pen" to get ourselves out of this mess. Most of us don't Want to be violent. To our own detriment, we are waiting till the last minute.

If you have a rifle with one bullet left, and you find yourself surrounded by a pack of wolves or coyotes or something, you aren't going to say "well, its too late now... I'm already surrounded by too many wolves. The time to use this bullet has come and gone, so, I'm just going to lay down my rifle and let these beasts enjoy their meal!" No, you're eventually going to use that bullet hoping that it will take at least one wolf down and scare the others off, and if it doesn't then you will use the rifle as a club, swinging it wildly until your last breath.

Is it the perfect analogy? No. No it is not.

Nothing clever is written down here, no rebuttal to the fact that I admitted committing an imperfection, no "oh snap" moment, no redemption, nothing to make you stop and think, no "things that make you go 'hmm'" . Only this sentence and then the previous one explaining it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You know what Snowflake you are worse then any politician you never answer a direct question.
Pfft.

Heck even If they came for your guns you would hand them in and say thank you.
edit on 5-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I think someone tried that before .. How did that worked out?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm one of the first ones to play the "put up or shut up" card, especially here on ATS.

"Everybody wants to be a gangster till its time to do gangster ****" is a line I use frequently.

But I have to say that when it comes to guns I see "I don't have to explain why I want a gun" far more often than I've ever seen "to stop a tyrranical government!" as the reason given.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I do whatever I want on a daily basis, so I don't feel my freedom has been taken away. Until I feel my freedom no longer exists, my gun will stay in a safe place.

Reasons I own a gun:

Home/Self Defense
Hunt
Recreational use

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

People make a lot of excuses sure but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. We have guns because we can, because it's an inherent right.

As far as "When you pussies gunna go use your guns you love so much?"

Grow Up.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Mate... it's utterly pointless to debate this issue.... pointless.
Two different cultures and two very different mentalities.

Just let them get on with it.

I had a gun thread a few years ago and there is one pretty much every week saying the same thing and round and round it goes.

Just forget it man.

EDIT: Here ya go... every argument, counter argument and rationalisation will be found in here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/10/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
page one and two are all messed up.....we are commanded to have guns....Jesus said he who has no sword ....let him sell his outer tunic and go buy one....
we don't need to use them....just have them
some idiot monkeying with being a metro guy.....but we're country boys.......see the difference
the one's that don't like guns are metro men....go get a manicure and spray some tan on ya!
going on a hike in the rockies......bear and the new population of young male mtn. lions are a problem......
plus I am a night time dangerous game predator caller.....calling bears in at night, may I have a gun with a red dot sight PLEASE !! go with my night vision

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: neo96

Then never again say guns are to fight tyranny when you are not willing to fight for your rights.
Will you veer ask answer a question? at what point would you actually fight?.

You don't understand. A revolution is not made simply by people with guns marching up and shooting.

You need to have some other very important things in order to succeed like the support of the populace in at least a significant minority, but better a close to half or slight majority. Even if they don't fight with you, you will need their support, and you will also need a similar sized portion of the armed forces to side with you in heart if not in body as well.

If you don't have that, then your movement is doomed.

Until the American public as while is ready to either fight themselves or support the ones who will, a revolt is not possible even with an armed populace and maybe especially with an armed populace because guns don't just mean you can stand against a tyranny they also mean you can stand against a revolt you perceive to be a threat to a system you support. You might say the 2nd has helped to contribute to our country's stability in that sense.

However, the numbers in polls show that people are reaching a tipping point. However, they have to become convinced that the chaos of a revolt and uncertainty of what follows as well as just the sheer risk you take is worth upsetting an order they don't like.

So, no, it isn't as simple as just having arms. They are the solution of very last resort.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is an issue with your photo though.

You are right that if the gov't wanted us all dead we would be dead. No doubt about it.

But the thing is they don't want us dead. They want us in check. They want control.

Any 'war' the gov't would declare on the people would look just like wars in the ME, exactly what Neo said.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join