It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Eternal Life': Russian Scientist Injects Himself With Bacteria To Boost Longevity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This seems interesting and dangerous. A scientist in Russia claims the secret to “eternal life” is in a 3.5-million-year-old Siberian specimen, this bacteria was first discovered back in 2009 inside a permafrost and since then it showed amazing results on lab rats.

The wait for immortality may soon be over, at least according to a scientist in Russia. Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State University, claims injecting 3.5-million-year-old Siberian bacteria has given his health and energy a boost. He believes its DNA and genes can contain the cure to aging.

"I started to work longer, I've never had a flu for the last two years,” said Brouchkov, in an interview with Russia TV. "But it still need the experiments. We have to work out how this bacteria prevents aging. I think that is the way this science should develop. What is keeping that mechanism alive? And how can we use it for our own benefits?"

The bacteria, named Bacillus F, was first discovered in 2009 embedded in ancient permafrost at a site known as Mammoth Mounter in the Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia, in Siberia. Since its finding, scientists like Professor Sergey Petrov, chief researcher of Tyumen Scientific Centre, have conducted various experiments on mice and fruit flies, being able to see the impact of the bacteria on their longevity and fertility. “We made experiments with copepods, mice, crops and human blood cells. In all these experiments Bacillus F stimulated the growth and also strengthened the immune system. The experiments on human erythrocytes and leucocytes were also very optimistic,” he told The Siberian Times.

However, one thing Petrov and his colleagues are struggling with is the mechanism behind how the bacteria works. Currently, the scientists know it’s the biological active substances in the bacteria that are able to activate the immune status of experimental animals. Dr. Viktor Chernyavsky, an epidemiologist in Yakutsk, believes this is why “mice grannies not only began to dance, but also produced offspring,” in an experiment. If this same substance were to be given to humans, it could lead to a significant improvement in their health.

It came out in the news, here's a video.

I don't believe immortality will ever be a thing, there are multiple ways you can kill/destroy something, and humans are much more complex than simple bacteria.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Hm, now investigating for a valid source... Standby...

Edit:

Popular media sources found:

Dailymail.uk: www.dailymail.co.uk... d-bacteria.html

New York Post: nypost.com...

I find no scientific publications source for the news, though.

I am most skeptical about this claim. For two reasons:

-first, the name of the bacteria is just so generic, there is here ten different species of bacteria whose name could be shortened to "Bacillum F.": species.m.wikimedia.org...

-And secondly, there is no such place called "Mammoth Mounter" in Siberia - the only occurence of such a place in the whole of Internet is from the articles telling the OP story.

edit on 2-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ten bucks he turns into some kind bacteria super villain and we have to destroy him with our own version.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hey. This is my job.

(I mean the "being villain" thing, not the bacteria thing).

edit on 2-10-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to live forever, at least not from my current viewpoint, it would get so boring and monotonous. If I'm going to live forever I'd rather it be through reincarnation where I get a fresh start every so often.

That's why I can't see the appeal of what's commonly seen as heaven. Why would you want to be the same for eternity? So boring!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just don't let the Umbrella Corporation get their hands on it!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just forked out $125 for an experimental anti-aging peptide, and would certainly jab in some bacteria if that'll do the trick. Looking forward to the research and experiments that follow.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I am a firm believer that when we reach ASI ( artificial super intelligence) which should be within the next fifty years or so, that we will become immortal or extinct. But our legacy will live on forever .

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yea which is why I'm trying to make it to that point. I wanna see the end result. We either merge with tech and go intergalactic else die out maybe birthing the next big thing. Either way I wanna see what's up, leverage my resources with the emerging tech to figure out how we do.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm no doctor but, perhaps it "strengthened the immune system" because he infected himself with bacteria?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Fools have never seen any zombie movie ever it seems

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frocharocha

I don't believe immortality will ever be a thing, there are multiple ways you can kill/destroy something, and humans are much more complex than simple bacteria.

Well even if the story is true, the fine print is really about improving the human condition like people living longer, more capable and healthier within the body itself. The positive results of that could be exponential.

Mammoth mounter, is likely a mispelling, it most probably refers to Mamontova Gora (Mammoth Mountain) in Yakutia, an area where Mammoth bones are found in number.
edit on 2-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I am a firm believer that when we reach ASI ( artificial super intelligence) which should be within the next fifty years or so, that we will become immortal or extinct. But our legacy will live on forever .

Get into some decent sci fi books! Some of them cover this topic quite well. Altered Carbon is a very good read. I wont give anything away but imagine backing up copies of yourself! Thats illegal in the book; but people do, which leads to problems such as the police believe you committed a crime so they steal a copy of you and they torture the hell out of it to find out if you're guilty.
Which copy of the misses will you sleep with tonight?
Which copy of you will she sleep with?
How many copies have you made?
Have any of your copies made copies?
Which is the real you?

It goes much MUCH deeper than this but I dont want to spoil a good read

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
When I read this I wondered if it would effect any kids he has now..

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I dont know id he's telling the truth but if so and wwIII doesnt start, I would like to know what happens in 100 years time..

So... yeah i'd take it

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I dont know id he's telling the truth but if so and wwIII doesnt start, I would like to know what happens in 100 years time..

So... yeah i'd take it

I would too.
People in this thread are saying they would be bored if they lived to long, all I can say is they should get out more often!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So... yeah i'd take it

Lol! It looks like you already have going by that Avatar.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Crazy!
them Bacteria ware part of evolution millions of years ago.
god knows what they will do now.

they we did live a Long ago.
maybe this is why.

and Bacteria did Make us!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Otherwise known as "The Pfizer Movie."

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nice! The Russians will bring out the immortality, the opposing powers that be wont be liking this too much!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join