It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barrack Obama: Never Let a Crisis go to Waste.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

People were shot then and people are shot now...
Yes we still have babies and population might be an issue, but that has more to do with resources.

Not sure what that had to do with what I said outside you just ranting about the media.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It wouldn't be the first time a yank has said that, but no, I'm an Aussie that just happens to be a senior manager employed by a large US based company in the Oil and Gas sector who travels to the US annually...New Orleans and Huston to be exact.

It's part of my job to be familiar with US foreign policy and I just happen to have read a lot about the constitution and it's amendments, the bill of rights and the declaration of independence, so I pride myself in knowing what I am talking about in matters related to US government employees circumventing the constitution to push agendas.

The current POTUS hates aspects of the constitution, the POTUS before him simply ignored it because 9/11.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It wouldn't be the first time a yank has said that, but no, I'm an Aussie that just happens to be a senior manager employed by a large US based company in the Oil and Gas sector who travels to the US annually...New Orleans and Huston to be exact.

It's part of my job to be familiar with US foreign policy and I just happen to have read a lot about the constitution and it's amendments, the bill of rights and the declaration of independence, so I pride myself in knowing what I am talking about in matters related to US government employees circumventing the constitution to push agendas.

The current POTUS hates aspects of the constitution, the POTUS before him simply ignored it because 9/11.

You're welcome at my crib anytime! Don't care what country you're from or what God/Goddess you might believe in!

Love your posts!

edit on 1-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why hasn't the Aussie gov gone full blown tyranny yet?

I mean they enacted a form of gun control, which still allows people to have firearms, or is it they are still waiting?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Metallicus

i just watched his speech. apparently we are all collectively responsible for this shooting.

Yeah, I'm sure there was a poll on his Facebook page...'should I vs. shouldn't I'.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We are a mob-rule democrazy where 50.1% decide what 49.9% can and cannot do. Our history is based upon keeping PM's and the senate and house in check and even in the past 10 years since Howard, the PM elected has not seen out their term in office.
The Australian mindset is different such that, at the first sign of tyranny the mob will ransack Parliament or the PM will be "Harold Holted".

The Bra-Boys have better control over the Aussie population than politicians.

Whereas your constitutional republic affords protections and rights for the individual in equal measure to the collective such that any decision shall not have a negative impact on the individual or collective...unfortunately this theory is not being practiced by the US government because the constitution has become a big fat inconvenience to totalitarian control - therefore executive orders and so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

We are a mob-rule democrazy where 50.1% decide what 49.9% can and cannot do. Our history is based upon keeping PM's and the senate and house in check and even in the past 10 years since Howard, the PM elected has not seen out their term in office.
The Australian mindset is different such that, at the first sign of tyranny the mob will ransack Parliament or the PM will be "Harold Holted".

The Bra-Boys have better control over the Aussie population than politicians.

Whereas your constitutional republic affords protections and rights for the individual in equal measure to the collective such that any decision shall not have a negative impact on the individual or collective...unfortunately this theory is not being practiced by the US government because the constitution has become a big fat inconvenience to totalitarian control - therefore executive orders and so on and so forth.

If you think about it, the ONLY difference between the US and the rest of the bought and paid for Western world countries IS our ability to own firearms. As far as governments go? I think we are all pretty much the same! We are all being forced to follow that Utopian dream of a "One World Government", that's the new buzzword to replace "A New World Order"?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: jhn7537

I live in Chicago, and just the other day it was 24 hours 15 different people shot... Insane

And you have the strongest gun control in the country. See the irony?

I never said full out gun control, just that we need change, and that whatever we're doing now, isn't working..

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I see the 2nd Amendment being gone within the next 2 years.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

As an astute observer of all things US government, I'll say it again and again....

Even if it takes the government 30 more years they are going to keep chipping away at Joe publics resolve to own guns - I call it "death by a thousand cuts" - each cut being a gun-related incident that the government will have the propaganda mouth-piece say "see I told you so, if we ban guns this would not have happened"

You see, the US government gun-grabbers still want government and militarized LEO's to have guns - just not Joe public law abiding citizen. These same grabbers think that criminals intent on harm will also give up guns and not acquire them on the black market - just like you can't get (illegal) drugs on the street, neither will Joe Public or criminals be able to get guns because no-one knows how to make them other than (state sanctioned) weapons manufacturers and there will be no market for them /sarc

Educate your children and your communities - lest the only ones left owning guns is the government and it's agencies - because you can bet your bottom dollar that the governments obsessive-compulsive disorder towards disarming America does not include disarming the government as well.

It's what the Obama's party wants.

A POLICE STATE:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Because we have flooded the market with guns for people to get illegally.

We can't stop people from buying them, we can reduce the numbers of them out there while still allowing people to have them if they want.

I don't want a full stop ban on guns, I think people do have the right to have them.
But our culture of guns guns guns everywhere is part of the problem.

And....

That will never change because we have an open border.

If all the guns owned legally and illegally in the United States disappeared tomorrow, within weeks criminals would be fully armed.

Drugs come into this country by the TONS daily. Weapons and Ammo would flow just as easily.

Except you the citizen would be unarmed... Joy. Just like most Mexicans, the criminals rule and the poor bastards cannot even buy a revolver.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How will our manufacturing never change if we have an open border?

Our border will never be closed btw, that is a pipe dream.

I am not saying all out gun ban, not by any means.

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 23:14:55 -0500America/Chicago1020155580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Same old crap from the king of it. Take the guns...no more gun violence. Hell, the government will protect us right? Take the cars they cause pollution. Use government provided transportation. TV is bad...let the government install government controlled TV. Food? You eat too much...the government will open feeding stations for the people to keep them healthy.

Hmmmm...what other monopoly would the government like to own to control the people?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So there is a shooting, the President says we have too many shootings and should do something about it, and it's "part of an agenda".

You're right. He does have an agenda. An agenda that includes not letting people get shot. I share that agenda. I don't like seeing people get shot for no reason. For me, that extends to "No wars. Ever.", but that might be different if I was a President.

So I get that a lot of people here think President Obama is pushing us into some manufactured apocalypse the likes of which no civilization has ever known and all the chemtrail mind controlled sheeple are complacently accepting his plans for global domination. Believe that all you want. Have fun with it.

But the fact remains, he never said anything about taking guns away at this press release. He never suggested confiscation, or no-knock seizure operations carried out by local police. He never said anything about disarming people that had obtained them legally. He didn't even go so far as to say that he was going to take them away from people that obtained them illegally.

He said (totally paraphrasing here), 'This is a big problem. We need a solution. Congress is being a bunch of petty punks. They need to stop being petty punks and figure out how to fix this national problem WHILE NOT TAKING AWAY ANYONE'S RIGHTS (as long as they aren't a nutjob).'

Now, I didn't hear him say anything about a PATRIOT Act of gun legislation or anything similar. I DID hear him say that there should be a way to have legislation that lets you keep your guns, but doesn't let maniacs get them.

Before anyone comes back with the "Criminals will always be able to get guns" argument, that does not apply in these school shootings. These kids are not criminals who are going down to their local black market dealer (or however the media makes you visualize it). These kids are either legally obtaining (bought it themselves), or illegally obtaining legal weapons (stole it from their mom, who bought it).

So that is a problem. We need to get this under control, or we WILL permanently lose this freedom in the ways that you're erotically imagining. We do need stricter laws regarding ''letting your weapon get taken by someone else". We do need something like mandatory psyche evaluations for a first-time purchase. Maybe we need to do what Chris Rock said, and charge $1000 for a bullet so nobody shoots. We do need massive mental health reform, so these kids get the help they need before it ever gets to the point that they shoot up a school.

You might be okay with the idea of kids dying left and right so you have your sacred Second Amendment rights, but we both know that was never the intention of the amendment. It was to put the government in check... to always have the threat of armed rebellion. Not to allow people to go around murdering each other. Maybe it's time to have a convention to clarify and refine that thing a little bit: "You can have a gun if you're not crazy, but you have to be responsible with it, jerky."

So my point? I don't want my kids dying at school because someone has some irrational belief that we are in a perpetual state of pre-tyranny. Stop being ignorant about it, start being responsible, and let's all clean up the mess that your beloved guns are constantly causing - And maybe stop letting it happen in the first place.
edit on 10/3/2015 by systemic.aberration because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2015 by systemic.aberration because: typo fix

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Obama is hiding something.

The MSM has this under full control.

BUT ....

BOMBSHELL: Oregon Gunman’s Social Network Found… Media Silent Because Of This HUGE Detail

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Can they show any communication between the two?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: systemic.aberration

What a load of crap. Obama doesn't give a flying fudge about any human being, he only cares about the left's agenda. You too probably from the content of your post. You've heard it before and ignored it because you have an agenda also...but here it goes. A gun is a tool. It is the people who use the tool for the wrong reason that are the problem. Solve the problem and stop trying to fix the symptom.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: systemic.aberration

But the fact remains, he never said anything about taking guns away at this press release. He never suggested confiscation, or no-knock seizure operations carried out by local police.

well he can't...there's that pesky little Second Amendment our Founding Fathers made sure to put in the new Constitution after they kicked the redcoat derrieres out....I guess if he wanted to go full unconstitutional....we would see what happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join