It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds footage of 'merman' being pulled out of lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hehe this is not a dead skydiver nor are those mermaids.. Well they are, but its just a happening done for the New Varsovia (or how you translate that
) festival. Its sponsored by the ministry of culture, the warsaw culture museum and a few other culture sites. I must say they are doing a pretty good job with it, but they really should make the site in English also
They are even making fake scientist blogs from studying the mermaids

Link to the festival site if somebody cares : nowiwarszawiacy.pl...
edit on 30/9/15 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
My opinion...staged for a movie or viral video of some sort. Funny how the guys pulling the "merman" out had bio suits on but the guys with the gurney didn't. So they are obviously in a parking lot that they could have pulled their vehicle into, yet they walk a gurney in instead? And the one guy that just walks away at the end....where is he going? And finally, the guy filming doesn't even try to pan the camera to see what they are putting this merman in?

Looks like a real sequence of events, I just think it was a prop with actors, not CGI.

Well put and I agree fully... Take that as my vote for this thread... to the OP thanks for posting anyway; this forum is here to keep track of this stuff (true strangeness or not)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We should seriously just stop with all this Mermaid stuff.

Mermaids: The Body Found, on Animal Planet, has single highhandedly caused down syndrome in normal adults here in America. We don't need any more of this non-sense.

True story:

A friend of mine's kid is going to his first year of college. First Biology class he took at the school, there was a couple of students in class that claimed "Mermaids" were real. Why? Because they saw a TV show on the Animal Planet. My friends' son couldn't stop laughing about it, because the girl who claimed Mermaids were real got really offended for being laughed at in class. She claimed that she and several of her friends actually lost "money" to friends for not believing in Mermaids in the first place. (Stupidity shows no boundaries, but hey..)

Anytime I hear extraordinary claims like this, I would just scream "FOSSIL"!!! Throw me a bone here... literally... Where are all the fantastic fossil records of the Mermen and this supposed evolutionary off branch of humans? No missing links, actually.. no links of any kind or suggestion of any kind from fossil records that there was a evolutionary off shoot of fish people...

If you're going to believe in something with 0 evidence or proof, you're best bet is to "believe" in God, not Mermaids...

Sorry to burst people's bubbles, but we should really lay stuff like this to rest. Study some bio anthro, archaeology and paleontology, then understand just how silly and improbable these types of claims are.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You may not have heard of this but in Thailand, there are lawyers who will guarantee you a win in litigation, provided you can bring them the tears of a mermaid. It's that powerful. You can hire fishermen or people to get the tears from a place (sea) near the Philippines. The fishermen would have to creep close to them when the mermaids come out to sit on the rocks on a full moon's nite. For some reason or other, they would cry when they see the moon. The mermaids are repulsive to look at and do not look one bit like the Venuses that you see pics of. The tears are collected in a bowl containing molten wax. This is not a tale to titillate the skeptic. There are many occult happenings in the Far East. Here's quite a well written entry in Wikipedia about Toyol. In Thailand the spirit boy conjured using sorcery is called Koman-Tong or Kuman Thong: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on Octam15 11 20 by Rextiberius because: correction

edit on Octam15 11 20 by Rextiberius because: more corrections

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Why do two of the men taking the figure not have on the same sort of biohazard suits as the rest? Why can't the camera operator zoom in more, so we can see the figure more clearly?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join