It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 hr sleep feels like 6 hr sleep everytime!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Diet related? Do you eat "stimulants" like chocolate, dairy, red wine before bed? The only reason you remember these dreams is because you are waking up straight after due to stimulants. Everyone dreams loads of times a night, only a few remember due to waking up. If you suffer breathing problems (snoring etc etc) then you may be waking yourself up.

Took a recording recently, and I don't snore.

There are just times, I barely moved and my back would be aching the next day.

Yes, I think I'm remembering all my mundane dreams a brief period after waking up and they are literally mundane! Those mundane dreams are kinda stressing me out.

Yes, I am eating cereals with milk before sleeping or sometimes milk chocolate drink, why? What's the effect?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Yes, I am eating cereals with milk before sleeping or sometimes milk chocolate drink, why? What's the effect?

Update, I avoided the above and I slept 8:30pm, had a different dream (this time around), I woke up thinking it's 6am and surprised to find it's only 12:30 am!!

I slept again and woke up 5 am. I sleep that much for my age, unless I'm occupied in some very interesting personal science or engineering project, I could work 2 days straight without any sleep and without any coffee.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Interesting you say there are no windows OP..

I've read about what detrimental effects our unnatural lives can have on the pineal gland. What I mean is that our circadian rhythm is out of kilter with the planet, as when it gets dark (say now 7 o'clock ish for me) I will turn on an artificial light, then go to bed at say ten. We should be going to bed when the sun sets and rising at the same time as it does, this way we're in sync. This doesn't happen though for most of us. Even when you are in a seemingly darkened room (going to sleep) there will usually be ambient light, whether that is diffused street lights or a modem flashing, this can seriously affect the pineal glands 'recharging'.

Then there is Also the small matter of white people having a circadian Rhythm in tune with a Mars day (24.5 hours) whilst in sensory deprivation tanks; this may also be an issue for many I think as well (look Into this, although there are not many if any peer studies on it, but it is very curious)

My Mother also shares the same experiences regarding lack of sleep as I do, never seem to be on point apart from nearing the end of the day..we are Rh negatives btw, My research gives this theory merit.

So In summery, I can't help but wonder If this room with no windows is playing a major role in what you are experiencing..

edit on 6-10-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Thanks EOD!

Nothing comes to my room, not even ambient light....

How I deal with this is I keep a soft light (8 watts flourescent bulb) always lit in my main room. It's a bit dim though. I never turn it off even when I'm sleeping. I only turn it off when watching movies.

Nowadays, I sleep between 8:30 and 10 pm and gets up at 5:30 am.

Last night, I kept waking up every 1 hour and 30 minutes. In one of those segments, I had a day long dream, we went swimming on a beach at night, I went snorkeling at the deep parts and brought an underwater flashlight with me and saw gigantic formless jellyfish/octopus-like creatures which were swimming around, apparently harmless but very scary nevertheless!

I woke up, looked at the clock, only 1 hr 30 mins passed, damn, I still need a few hrs of sleep! Didn't bother to sleep anymore, felt too awake to sleep so I just played with my rc helicopter instead.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Also I have huge change in my diet since last month if that matters.

I have not been eating any meat unless someone gave me a meat food.

And I've been eating only one meal a day that amounts to just one sandwich. But I drink a lot of milk tea in between.

Apart from my very boring day job, I feel alert and strong during the day.
edit on 7-10-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join