It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absurdity of Political Correctness; Let the Search Begin!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Political correctness is quite frankly the pinnacle of stupidity. Freedom of speech and expression are two essential ingredients in the development of society, and if we allow PC to continue, I doubt these basic freedoms will survive for very long.

Despite the potential gravity of the situation, I still find instances of political correctness that amuse me greatly

www.hitc.com...

And this "multicultural Christmas jumper" had me laughing to the point of tears xD

www.dailymail.co.uk... ty-Islam-Hinduism-Sikhism-Atheism.html

I'm quite a cynical person and naturally I do love a bit of mockery
so I've decided to make a little game: if you wish to play, the rules are simple - find as many humorous examples of political correctness as you can and post the links here. The funniest examples will be awarded with stars. Let the search begin!
edit on 28-9-2015 by Tenebris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A few years ago in Birmingham , England the city council decided that Christmas excluded many in the community so they would no longer call it Christmas but instead it would be known as Winterval ..... of course the natives revolted and the decision was scrapped.

Merry Winterval

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Political correctness is ABSURD.

It was born out of identity politics to keep people divided.

That so called purpose of PC is suppose to bring people 'closer' making them in one great, and glorious cookie cutter mold, and extinguish any iota of individuality.

The progressives can keep the PC. because the only thing it is used for political gain.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Problem i have is when people use the Political Correctness argument as a Shield For Hate Speech

i'm really not into word policing, but at the same time why would you want to use slurs and hateful words, how would that make you a good person? and than use the "Political Correctness" Argument when someone calls you out on it or gets offended by it

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The PC movement can basically be summed up as ?

Wait for it!

GRAMMAR NAZI's!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's not "political correctness", and it isn't a joke. It is an orchestrated and systematic rewriting of our language in order to manipulate the way we think and more easily control us.

However it is nothing new. It is a classic and powerful method of disseminating subtle-yet-ubiquitous propaganda. It's a much more dangerous game than any internet meme can possibly reflect.

Pay attention to the words "they" use.

edit on 9/28/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I couldn't agree with you more. I would never use any racial/cultural slurs and blame offence on political correctness. Having said that, it's got to the point that everyday things people take for granted are being targeted and labelled as insensitive. There's a world of difference between calling a black person a "'n-word'" (do take note of the quotation marks before any of you accuse me of racism) and simply saying that they are black. However, advocates of political correctness would go so far as to say that the latter is just as offensive as the former, which is ridiculous. They would probably even roast me for spelling out the N word, even though I was using said word in an acceptable context and not directing it toward anyone.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is, the line between cracking down on hate speech and violating free speech is often very blurred. Sometimes it's hard to tell the two apart

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Update: the website automatically censored the N word, despite it being used in an acceptable context. Oh well, you get my point nonetheless

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Here's one... "Happy Holidays" is offensive and inspired by Satan! Use the RIGHT WORDS!

edit on 9/28/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There are people who take an 'Idea' and a 'Concept' and take it too far, and i agree not everything is offensive, or meant to be offensive. but we all have choices, and some people refuse to think before they say anything

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This threat ROCKS! lol

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I agree that years of this PC carp has changed thinking and many people around the globe feel like theyre walking on eggshells everytime they try and express themselves for fear of offending someone or sounding racist

Here are some astoundingly moronic job titles from UK
Lifeguard - change by a Welsh Council to wet leisure assistant
Dustbin men - waste management and disposal technician
Modality Manager - Nurse (I don't even know what that means!)

But its not just political correctness that grinds my gears, its the ridiculous Health & Safety carp now too
Such as
Bury St Edmunds have banned Christmas Lights in case they fall and drop on someone or set fire to a wood framed building!

Thousands of pounds are being wasted renaming the controversial Prolific and Other Priority Offender scheme in case the acronym POPO offends Turkish people. Popo is an affectionate term used in Turkey to describe a baby's bottom. The scheme has been renamed PPO even though the Turkish embassy expressed surprise that anyone should think that the term would be thought of as offensive

The elderly patients at Saffron Waldon hospital are up in arms because hospital officials have banned the Women's Institute from bringing in their speciality homemade fayre, freshly baked Victoria sandwiches, tarts and fruit cakes. After consulting environmental health officials, the hospital trust says as the women's kitchens can't be inspected, they can't be sure they meet health regulations. W.I. members are naturally outraged. "Whoever heard of anyone dying from eating a Victoria Sponge?" asked one "It is just silly bureaucracy being brought in at the expense of common sense"

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
It's not "political correctness", and it isn't a joke. It is an orchestrated and systematic rewriting of our language in order to manipulate the way we think and more easily control us.

Sounds like a pretty fascinating topic...

I came to the same conclusion as well, I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

I'd like to research this if you happen to know of any good books or search terms.

In the history of mankind, there has never EVER been a politician who has been correct about anything... www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join