It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Defy the Supreme Court? Jesse Ventura on Kim Davis's Violation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If you don't like a law, break it, right? Former Governor Mike Huckabee has told Kentucky country clerk Kim Davis and her followers that their religious beliefs can supersede the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage. What happened to the separation of church and state? Myself and my Vigilant Producer Alex Logan break down what we can do to defy the laws we don't agree with and stay out of jail.

Should Kim Davis keep her job?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Former Governor Mike Huckabee has told Kentucky country clerk Kim Davis and her followers that their religious beliefs can supersede the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage.

The only way she can do that is to resign. Come to think of it nothing changed since the ruling. All the ruling did was upholding the 14th Amendment. Christians do not own the word marriage, never did. Those marriage licenses are just licenses for goodness sake. It's not like that she is performing ceremonies for anyone.

What happened to the separation of church and state?

Indeed.

Should Kim Davis keep her job?

If she wasn't an elected government official you can be sure she will get the boot.

Oh and I sometimes wish your videos are closed captioned but that's ok I understand the gist of your video.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Defying is no big deal. I defy the Supreme Court everyday!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I see a lot of "Constitution this" and "Constitution that" and this so called 'separation of church and state".

Could you please show where the US Constitution specifically mentions "separation of church and state"? Is it hidden in the micro fibers of the document somewhere?

Lenin believed in separation of church and state. Are you advocating completely tossing out the 1st Amendment and rewriting the US Constitution into a Communist manifesto? Wouldn't that be aligned with your sincerely held convictions that the US Constitution has a separation clause (which it doesn't)? Wouldn't that actually be forcing your views on those whom disagree with you?

en.wikipedia.org...

Thomas Jefferson mentioned a "wall of separation" when it came to matters of the government and religion. He was writing a letter in response to a specific denomination that was conveying fears that another denomination would take control of government. Thomas Jefferson served as a vestryman in the Anglican Church during British control of the colonies. It was a requirement to be affiliated with the Anglican Church in order to hold any public or political office under British rule. The King of England made himself head of the church, and this was why the 1st Amendment was written. The government has no "right" to make you go to church, or any specific church. You do not need to be a member of any specific church, or any church, to hold public or political positions. The government also has no right to infringe on the free exercise of religion.

The US Constitution has an "establishment clause", it does not have a "separation clause". Can Kim Davis exercise her sincerely held religious beliefs without any infringement on those liberties by the government?

According to the 1st Amendment .... yes. The State of Kentucky even has State laws which exempt publicly elected officials from violating their conscience. The USDA even has waiver forms for inspectors who have religious objections to inspecting certain animals or poultry. Since the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution states that a similar situation must be treated the same as another similar situation - if some government employees can be exempt from performing specific tasks due to religious beliefs, then all government employees should equally get the same opportunity to have those exemptions.

But .. since we have a situation where "discrimination" is being claimed - isn't Kim Davis being discriminated against as her 1st Amendment rights and due process is being denied? She is refusing to perform a specific duty due to her religious convictions. Just as an orthodox Jew, or devout Muslim USDA inspector may refuse to handle pork. Is this a violation of the law?

What about the Civil Rights Movement led my MLK (A Baptist Preacher) who refused to comply with Jim Crow Laws put in place by the Democratic Party? I remember he was put in jail too .. even wrote a letter while he was there.

What about the immigration laws that are not being enforced by this administration? What about a President that went behind Congress' back to exchange 5 terrorists for a traitor?
edit on 22-9-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
A legal system predicated upon religion, its integrity solely reliant on the participants' adherence to the pertaining system of mind control and it being wholly corruptible by money, cannot be taken seriously. ...Ask O.J. Simpson! xD

Hence this godtard thumbing her nose at the U.S. legal system on the grounds that her take on a penile prepuce collecting, misogynistic, magical man of conspicuous inaction who floats in the sky, is one of a homophobe who believes legal marriage should only be reserved for "hetero-normative" couples who are divorcing faster than they are conjoining!

>U.S.A. today

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Your post is so confusing. Your post is supporting AND against both sides. At first when I read your post I thought you were against Kim Davis.

Could you please show where the US Constitution specifically mentions "separation of church and state"?

Isn't that implied?

Prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

What about the Civil Rights Movement led my MLK (A Baptist Preacher) who refused to comply with Jim Crow Laws put in place by the Democratic Party? I remember he was put in jail too .. even wrote a letter while he was there.

Oh GOD! Why even go there? It has been, what?? 2 or 3 weeks and it has already been explained.

Lenin believed in separation of church and state. Are you advocating completely tossing out the 1st Amendment and rewriting the US Constitution into a Communist manifesto? Wouldn't that be aligned with your sincerely held convictions that the US Constitution has a separation clause (which it doesn't)? Wouldn't that actually be forcing your views on those whom disagree with you?

Oh yeah let's throw in Lenin and Communism in the mix. Red scare all over again.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This horse is beat, we don't need another thread about it this late.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It amazes me how so many people will support a nutjob like Mike Huckabee. If we all followed him we’d be in church 6 days a week, handling venomous snakes, drinking strychnine spritzers and sending him all our money. No thanks...

It’s really disgusting that someone running for the Presidency is at the same time advising another person to violate a Supreme Court order. Who in their right mind would vote for this joker? Oh wait a minute, never mind; that was a stupid question.

Sometimes I can’t help but think that maybe we’re just too far gone now to keep this country from collapsing into one big psychotic pile of rotting flesh, Holy Bibles and Kim Kardashian dvd’s.

God Bless America...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer
You are entirely correct. There is no mythical unicorn named "separation of church and state" . The founding fathers were worried that ,in the future , the federal government would establish its own religion . Jefferson was one the ones that was concerned over this. Thats why he stated as he did "the wall of separation"
On topic . I did agree with this woman and actually cheered for her. But....(here it comes) when she removes her sig from the license just to "taunt" the state government , that is another thing entirely . She is not signing them , they are signed by her 2 Deputy Clerks and stamped with the seal with her name on it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
This horse is beat, we don't need another thread about it this late.

You think so?

ACLU: Kentucky clerk Kim Davis is meddling with county’s marriage licenses

It’s only been a week since Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk jailed for refusing to issue marriage license to gay couples, returned to work. But she is already the target of a new court filing, this one alleging that altered marriage licenses issued from the office of the defiant clerk are humiliating and possibly invalid.

According to court documents filed by the American Civil Liberties Union Monday, Davis confiscated licenses issued to gay couples during her short stay in jail and distributed new ones that removed all mention of the county clerk’s office. Instead, the documents include what the ACLU lawyers viewed as a churlish note that they were issued “pursuant to Federal Court Order.”

I mean I feel like this lady is acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum when his mom won't buy his favorite cereal in the grocery store.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

As long as I believe something it is okay to force my beliefs in to other people's lives. After all, if God didn't want me to dictate the lives of everyone around me then what is my point for existing?
edit on 22-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If the supreme court order is a bad idea then by all means defy it. This isn't the case here however. Her homophobic self needs to go to back to jail if you ask me. Just because you believe something does not give you the right to force your beliefs onto other people. If someone is not harming others then their shouldn't be a problem, and same sex marriage hurts no one. It just gives the exact same rights to same sex couples that straight couples have already had for a long time. Christians do not own marriage, they never did. Marriage was going on before Christianity came about.

If she would resign, fine. Instead she's stubborn in her homophobic hateful ways that do harm others. Same sex couples should have the same rights as everyone else. It makes no sense for them not to. People are people, love is love.

I just have such a disdain for her.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Were American citizens morally right to oppose the US Supreme Court's Dredd Scott decision?
We look back at that decision today and agree that the decision was wrong....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, it's not over. She's still fighting to impose her religion on the people of Rowan county. I'm keeping up with it, but I know a lot of people here are tired of hearing about it, so I contain my findings to the thread I started.

It's not that she defies the Supreme Court that bothers me. Hell, I think we all defy the law now and then. What bothers me is that her illegal activity is negatively affecting the lives of the people of her county. She's doing her very best to deny rights to fellow citizens. And she just may be succeeding. What a mess when these people find out their marriages aren't legal...

FOX

The judge could appoint another person to oversee the issuance of marriage licenses, both to ensure that the licenses are issued legally and to protect the deputy clerks, who are now left with the difficult choice to either defy their boss or defy a judge.

"It's almost a worst-case scenario," he said. "The worst case scenario would be to send her to jail again."

The judge has wide discretion on who might be appointed. It could be a lawyer, another Rowan County public official or any citizen the judge trusts to carry out his orders impartially, Marcosson said. He said the judge will likely call a hearing, where he might hear testimony about the process Davis undertook to alter the licenses or the instructions she gave to her deputy clerks.

This ain't over, folks.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The thing is that most of the country is sick of this story. Davis is losing the sympathy crowd and is only going to be left with the law telling her she is wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Listen, let's all be real here. She is a hero. A revolutionary. Remember the times when just anybody could get married and no one stood up to stop it? Think of all the times that that has happened. Think of all the lives ruined by it. Do you see? We are entering a new era of no gay marriage. Of revolution.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Remember the times when just anybody could get married and no one stood up to stop it?

Yeah, like the days of early Christianity.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Let's hope the law steps in and sets her straight. So far, she's been coddled far longer than she deserves. She's behaving like a spoiled child. If anyone else behaved like this (but didn't have the whole religious frenzy backing her up), she'd be OUT of there. In jail, if necessary. But because Jesus, they're handling her with kid gloves.

Tsuki, you crack me up! LOL!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

AH those were the days. The gay agenda has had a stranglehold on this world since has long as I can remember. Always marrying and having sex. It's disgusting! It is my spiritual duty to enforce my opinions on everybody else.

Trump 2016!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's funny how some of the same Christians who defend Kim Davis, will turn around and whine if there is even a SUSPICION of a Muslim being catered to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join