It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we been forced into Islamophobia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I recently read the story of the kid who brought a home made clock to school, which he was later arrested for bringing.
People screamed racist and the usual liberal garble.

Personally I think the police did their job. After all there would be an outrage if it actually was a bomb. The story of the kid showing it to his teachers and passing it off as a clock, would be the topic for why wasn't this prevented?

But what I want to know is have we been molded into being Islamophobic by our own government?

Since 9/11 the US has been using the Homeland security advisory system. (Red being sever risk, Green being a low risk)
It was ingrained for a period of time to watch any middle eastern person and report anything you deem suspicious.
It was almost acceptable to question every muslims motives in the US out of fear they where the next terror suspect.

Now 14 year later after these events, people who still remember those months following 9/11 most likely still remember exactly what I am talking about.

So to me its no surprise when stories like the kid who brought the homemade clock to school, surface.
It was something that we had pushed on us for the longest time by not only the media but our government.

I personally think the government pushed Islamophobia onto every American. And yet people scream racism when those who remember what im talking about, act upon it.

What about you ATS? do you think we have been pushed into Islamophobia?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't know about being pushed/forced. A lot of people don't seem to mind it. I gotta be honest most of the people I talk to, Just saying his name (Ahmed Mohamed) insight's all kinds of crazy, uncalled for one liners? Heck walking into a local ma, pop, gas station in my area, brings one liners. Being, mostly middle eastern folks own those stores.

So, I guess yes, the Government has played that role well. Just like the commercial. One day, just your average amount of American Flags up, across this nation. To a post 9-11, where almost everyone fly's, our Flag! The mind-set, is set? Mostly, I think people are afraid? The Governments doing? I say to some degree.
edit on 2015-09-17T07:47:15-05:002107302015247 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Everyone keeps saying this case (kid with the clock) is islamophobia. Hogwash! It's the insane "zero tolerance" policies adopted by far too many schools.

The kid that nibbled on his sandwich at lunch to make it into the shape of a gun.... suspended.

The kid that pointed his finger at another kid in a manner that looked like a gun while the two were playing.... suspended.

Don't buy the CAIR-style narrative.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yes, we are being conditioned to be Islamaphobic. It mostly comes from the Right Wing media though. The Left Wing media and Independent media have already moved beyond such ignorance and are usually trying to correct their mistakes of the past by calling it out.

Notice that the story of the kid and the clock happened in Texas? A primarily right wing state? Think that is a coincidence? I don't.
edit on 17-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I truly think we have been conditioned by the media to be afraid of Islam. I try my best not to judge anything by what the media presents. I fully believe there are many good people everywhere around the world. I also believe that statistically, there are people who are very dangerous. I believe good outweighs the bad. Turn off the talking box because it lies. Use your personal judgments and instincts to guide you and walk in peace and help others when you can.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I think it's way to late to say "don't buy into it" 9-11 is burnt into the mind-set. There are still a staggering amount of people that took the OS of 9-11 to heart, believe that. People from all walks of life, all nationalities. and people run their own spin-zone, in their heads. They want pay back? If, you think people aren't Islamaphobic, just step back and watch all the people's actions. It's why the teacher and school officials act they way they do. Is it just a case of, Damned if you do, damned if you don't? The masses act this way for a reason? Fear? Conditioning?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

It is not just government and media. Like you say 9/11 is branded on our memory. It is terror that has alienated me and the anti Israeli stance that Islam in general has adopted since Israel's formation. Culturally I have to admit to being pro Western/Liberty and pro Israeli.

It is more to do with the onset of Jihad globally and the growing violent extremism in Islam. It appears barbaric to our liberated values; Islam's attitude to crime and punishment, women, disabilities, sexuality, etc. The more extreme Islam becomes the more alienated we will be by it in the West.

edit on 17-9-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

He's right you know! ^^^ Well said!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You know....that's a interesting question because if it is the case that Government is conditioning people into Islamaphobia, it plays quite well into the Globalist agenda because as Government conditions people into Islamaphobia, it, at the same time, imports (or promotes the importation) of Islamic peoples.

The natural reaction will, of course, be that as more Boston marathon type bombings occur, the "sheeple" will at first blame the Muslim terrorists and then....they'll start to blame the government. As that process unfolds and expands, the sheeple will come to lose any remaining loyalty to the government and they will embrace its takeover by the Globalists who will promise to counter the Terrorists.

So....in the long run, by conditioning the sheeple into Islamaphobia, the government is undermining its own authority and existence.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'll give you a short explanation that you'll need to flesh out on your own.

The modern world (Western and Western modeled) is swiftly heading to a progressive New World Order. That is much denied but yet unmistakable if you any sense of the world today. Eventually, there is to come a major clash with those of an extreme, totally irrational religion that will gladly fight to the death of life and country. A World War Three is coming. It will be an absolute necessity as the other side will not compromise short of eradication. Therefore, progressives, regardless of what they preach about diversity, equality, etc. will be forced into going to war for, ...really, the sake of their own survival.

That situation for progressives is about like the abortion issue. Contrary to what an objective view would be, which is to assume, that the "pro-life" argument should be a monumental progressive hallmark of their platform, the progressives want to terminate life in immature humans for the convenience of it according to the survival of their own, little personal needs and desires.

In effect, hate is buried so very deeply into the progressive movement and overshadowed by its popular chants of that it can hardly be recognized for what it is. And that is very much like the Nazi argument of a few decades ago.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Of course not. No one can force us to believe anything. That's a cop out.

But we can be conditioned, manipulated and misinformed. We all know the mental and emotional games played on our hearts and minds.... and if we let ourselves be so conditioned, manipulated and misinformed, it's because we've chosen to be so played. If it didn't work so well, it wouldn't happen.

Divide-and-conquer.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think the opposite is true. And the case with the kid seems like another "false flag", intended to mock/ashame those who are against islam/islamists; and bring even more political correctness. Not if someone decides to bring in a real bomb, no one will dare to stom him. Oops, maybe this is exactly the plan?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

YEs, yes, yes,.... OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(But we must ask why? And ask why they are letting the two cultures clash?)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I've always believed that once the Cold War was dying down and the Soviet Union's collapse (which was pre-planned by TPTB IMO) we needed a new bogey man, and that new bogey man was Islam.

The Anti Islam crusade began much before the collapse of the Soviet Union though. I remember Disney cartoons always depicting Persian and Arabs as barbaric beasts. I never once saw a kind looking depiction of Muslims as a child now that I look back (maybe Alladin?).

To me, it's quite obvious that many of the events currently unfolding have been planned years ago and this indoctrination to hate Muslims is very real. Propaganda coming at us from every direction, some true some false, they make it difficult for us to tell fact from fiction.

And in today's day and age it's even more obvious.

Heck that poor kid got arrested in Texas for rebuilding a digital clock.

He had an Arabic name so it must have been a bomb right?

Long story short, I do believe that we have been forced into Islamophobia while all the other groups of religious extremists get to play the victim as a form of deflection for their crimes.

I could go on forever in regards to my opinions of the complexity of the situation but I don't want to derail your thread. You take care.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I agree with portions of what you said.

I would point out though, that just as there are some in the West that for reasons rational or otherwise despise Muslims, there are plenty of Muslims in the West that can't stand Western society.

I'll use the standard disclaimer.... "Of course not all. But some...."

Another disclaimer... I understand that my personal observations/experience are NOT a scientific study. Take it with as many grains of salt as you'd like.

My town has a large Muslim community within it. I have yet to hear of any serious incidents of people clashing with each other. That being said, MANY of them seemingly go WAY out of their way to not be part of the overall community. My neighbors, as I have described in other posts, are an example of this. All the kids are home schooled. None are allowed to leave the property (which saddens me when I see them watch other neighborhood kids riding bikes, etc). They are not allowed to play organized sports (which saddens me again because the oldest son has expressed that he wishes he could play soccer in the older-kids division of my son's league). To top it off, the only other people that they associate with are other home schooled, essentially walled-off Muslim families. They even go as far as to call in the kids if I happen to be in the back yard with my family. Would these people be considered Westernophobes?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I will respond with my own personal observations/experiences which I will also acknowledge are not scientific studies and I love salt so please take mine with a few grains as well.

I have witnessed what you speak of, the Westernophobes. From what I can tell they are a small minority. All demographics (races, religions, cultures etc.) have"haters".

If I were a Saudi (or any other national from that area) who lived most my life under Sharia law then came to America, I would probably have a difficult time adjusting. A lot of the time their self defense mechanism causes them to judge and despise us "infidels".

Do I agree with this? Hell no!

Do I understand where there misguided judgement comes from? I think I understand it but I'm not a mind reader. The ungrateful ones who come to our country and cannot accept our way of life, need an attitude adjustment. Most these hardliners eventually mellow out. I've even had a good friend's father who would be considered an extremist due to some of his views eventually admit that he was wrong and gladly apologized for his judgmental actions. This is just one person and does not represent that group as whole, just an example.

My city is very large and very multi-cultural and I have friends from all cultures.

I guess the point I am trying to make is the anti-west sentiment from recent arrivals may be due to culture shock and possible discrimination they have received. For the most part I can say that most religions get along but there's always a bigot or two...

I would guess that it's safe to say that most of these refuges are not anti-West and are happy as # to be here and away from the mess our governments caused in their homeland.

I have traveled to many countries overseas due to work, including Arab countries and never once was I "hated" on for being a (mostly) white non religious Westerner except for when I was in Israel. In fact, it was always the Muslims who were the nicest. I was treated like crap in Israel but when I went to Jordan I had more invites for dinner than I could keep track of. Strangers were always kindly welcoming me into their home. They did not judge me or try and convert me.

I won't pretend the anti west ones don't exist though...they definitely exist but they are not as numerous as we are lead to believe IMO.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes, we are being conditioned to be Islamaphobic. It mostly comes from the Right Wing media though. The Left Wing media and Independent media have already moved beyond such ignorance and are usually trying to correct their mistakes of the past by calling it out.

Notice that the story of the kid and the clock happened in Texas? A primarily right wing state? Think that is a coincidence? I don't.

Right, because the school wouldn't have acted the same way with a white student because... I'm having a hard time here Mr. Sh0t help me out.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Of course we are....

Anyone actually think American troops won't have boots on the ground in some ME country by this time next year?

Iran...here we come!!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I tried to read the Quran thru many times but both my logical mind and my spiritual spider sense cannot see it as a holy book connected with the divine source. The Quran do just not measure up to the teachings of Rumi, Yeshua, Nanak and Buddha.

Any being that uses Muhammad as his prophet is not a being I want to be around. A being that transforms souls like Rumi, Yeshua, Nanak and Buddha is a being I would like to be around.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

Looks like people are feeling pity for what happened to the kid.
Wish i would get invited to the white house. I give those scum bags enough money every year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join