It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have experience with 3 legged dog?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for posting such kind and encouraging replies!!

You've made me feel much better and I really appreciate reading about all the brave doggies that have gone thru amputation and carried on living happy, healthy lives..

I won't find out the final test results until next week, but I will let you know how things turn out -

- for now it is good to know that, at least if the cancer hasn't spread too far, Brandy will have several more years to enjoy taking walks, chasing squirrels, and etc.. even if it is on only three legs!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
They adjust fast to three legs and get around just fine. My girlfriend had a very sweet boy (he passed away, loved that guy and miss him) with three legs and he was very spry even though he was older.

Lot's of dogs in Eastern Washington seem to be missing a leg, and have no trouble. I've known a few and they could keep up on trail rides and were very happy dogs.

Not too long ago my girlfriend brought home a pup from work that after she amputated the leg (we're both huge suckers and she wanted to make sure the pup did OK overnight), and even though she was a young dog and the amputation occurred that day she was getting around really well.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Lostgirl its all good , although never having owned a 3 legged dog the ones i have seen appear to have forgotten they are missing a leg . The best cat chasers in the neighbourhood , probably not . The best tail waggers when they see you , good chance .

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
3 legged dog hell no and hope no one has to experience that.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Dogs adapt very well to lost appendages.

The question is, do you love the dog.

Because that is all it really wants anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join