It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese J-20 Stealth Fighter Prototype Rolled Out (7th)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They need to release an unarmed version for domestic use. The stealth technology might just keep my dogs from barking when my lo mein shows up...
Yes, I know. That was terrible.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Mystik, you were missing the dead kittens for the perfect taco meat mix sir. Its all about those kittens!

a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

Nah, the mistake was using quality ingredients. I needed to use cheaper ingredients to get the taste and texture just right. Taco Bell doesn't use quality ground sirloin.

That's another issue China will be facing -- the quality of their construction materials...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I will quote my favorite line from that groundbreaking work of cinimatic hard sci-fi: Armageddon.

"Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

They were unveiled at the MAKS show this year along with some new Russian EW systems.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
I think a lot of people should reserve judgement of this aircraft till they actually see it in action and have data to back up their disdain or judgement of Chinese gear. Just because the crap they send us isn't of a high quality (which is in large part our fault BTW), didn't mean the gear they build for themselves is of the same quality.

Right. They do what they are incentivized to do. If it's sell toys or milk to unknown peons? Make it super cheap. Fake, and maybe even lie for profit. What's the downside?

If it's making stuff for the PLA? The downside to making cheap crap is a bullet in the head.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I understand cooking isn't anything like aircraft design, but I've cooked my share of "copycat" or "clone" recipes -- and they are never quite as good as the original. There's always something left out, some nuance missing.

I mean, my taco meat LOOKED like Taco Bell's...it even SMELLED like Taco Bell's...but it didn't TASTE like it. Close, but no cigar.

Oh, the tacos did turn out pretty good 8/10 -- would probably use that seasoning mix again.
It's hard to find grade D meat that's not in dog gravy at your local grocery store, not mention the silicon fillers and other "goodies". -says this having just finished a nacho cheese chalupa from the bell, can't resist it every once in a while even knowing all that -sigh- such is life.

Also I prefer the old El Paso mix along with adding a 1/4 cup if El Tapitio hot sauce to cook in with it, just the right heat and amazing flavor!

That J-20 is a pretty ugly duckling imo, the J-31 looks better to me and it's not that great looking either. As far as performance I suspect the with have many teething problem re-engining. I also question their ability to maintain any stealth coating that it may utilize, even if it doesn't imperfection in the skin "body work" can have a profound effect on RCS performance, it's going to take time to get the training and experience to keep these systems at peak effectiveness.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Looks like a lot borrowed from F-35 going on there. (Wouldn't surprise me either.) Thing is, from what I understand, the canard breaks some aspects of stealth from working on the frontal profile. It's why the U.S. jets don't have it, and instead opted for more unstable airframes controlled by the computer. Not to mention with thrust vectoring, there's better contol in high alpha so a canard isn't needed.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How would they know though? Not like we are out flying these aircraft with them.. And our ram coatings are constantly changing, I'd also be willing to wager that the best ram coatings don't see daylight ever, not until we're in a war with a peer state. Do you really think the usaf would put the best ram coatings available in the 1990s on an f-117 flying over a state so far below them technology wise? My guess would be that they wouldn't of risked the best coatings even in the 170 that was downed. The stealth helicopter maybe had some great stuff on it but at the same time they knew there was a high risk of loss on that mission, would they of shown the ace knowing that there would be such a risk?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

The thing with RAM is that the technology has been around for a very very long time, and the theory is well known. Just because they haven't stolen/acquired the tech doesn't mean they can't develop it. China has some of the very best mathematicians, chemists, metallurgists and physicists in the world and they have a heck of a lot of them!

I was at an R&D and production facility holding a RAM tile last week, one in use today, that particular design hasn't changed in 15 years.

RAM tech has come a long way since the 70's but that doesn't mean that China have been sat twiddling their thumbs until an RQ-170 dropped out of the sky.

Like a few others on this thread, as far as I'm concerned - underestimate China at your peril!

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
Looks like a lot borrowed from F-35 going on there. (Wouldn't surprise me either.) Thing is, from what I understand, the canard breaks some aspects of stealth from working on the frontal profile. It's why the U.S. jets don't have it, and instead opted for more unstable airframes controlled by the computer. Not to mention with thrust vectoring, there's better contol in high alpha so a canard isn't needed.

And as that is a big ass plane, it needs some canards the size of a double bed to move it...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

There are valid reasons to question their manufacturing prowess though. Even their AK copies are inferior despite the fact that most of them are made with techniques that are unchanged since the 40s. I'm not saying their incapable but that they've proven time and time again to put out lower quality products. Quality control is a big problem they have in all of their manufacturing sectors. Their first few might be great demonstrators but how well will #100+ be after their nefarious corruption problems leak into the program.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
Well done, you have successfully proven that despite the vast resources that modern man has at his disposal with google and the web in general, it is still possible to mistake the United States with Australia.

The Wedgetail Eagle (and it definitely is a Wedgy) is from Australia, NOT the USA. Clearly you thought that all Eagles are Bald Eagles. They are not.

LEE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join