It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things i have noticed since i was a kid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was born in 1975 so i'm an 80's guy. I was born in an era where there were no computers or they were in their early stages, so kids used to play outdoors all day, only coming home when it was getting dark. Those were great days, and people seemed happier and healthier.

But that's not the reason i'm making this post, although it is connected in some way because when i was a kid and being outdoors playing i had the time to notice some things. Days are now shorter, time is speeding up a lot, a year passes by in a flash. Other things i've noticed the the sky and the sun colors. The sun is now xeon white and very bright when in the 80's it was yellow in colour. This was the thing that made me post this today. i was out and looked at the sky and the color of the sun was white and i recalled those early days when the sun had a different color, was warmer instead of agressive like the sun we have today.

Also the blue in the sky is different, when i was a kid it used to be a very light blue now its kind of a greyish blue. What changed, i dont think colour perception changes as we age, at least not that significantly and i'm only 39 with no eye problems that i know of.

Can pollution be causing this change in colour in the sky and sun or maybe the disruption in the ozone layer is causing it? What about the speeding time, can big earthquakes be shortening days and speeding up time?
edit on 10-9-2015 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
there could be early clouding of the ocular lens (cataracts) as u approach 40/50s although most people arent bothered by it till even later.

after my NDE, i actually noticed the sun is yellower (used to be orangey) and purples and greens are generally more vibrant/attractive.

time speeding up for us sounds complicated to understand so i'll leave that to the quantum experts here but yes maybe as we get older time flies year to year

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
also i remember my father and mother telling me not to look straight at the sun and i would do the opposite and i could stare for some 5/10 seconds, now it's so bright it's impossible to look at it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Time does seem to be going faster, but think of this.

When you were 5 years old, one year was 20% of your lifespan. As you get older, that same 365 days now equals a smaller percentage of your life and it feels like time is flying by. Not necessarily anything abnormal or mystical, just your perception of time passing has changed.
edit on 9/10/2015 by Cheddarhead because: had a thought....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Picollo30

The perception of time is relative. When you are 5 years old, a year seems much longer because it is 20% of your whole existence. By the age of 25, a year is only 4% of your whole existence.

Edit: Cheddarhead beat me to it.

edit on 9/10/2015 by TycoonBarnaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
so do u remember it being Berenstein or BerenstAin? Mirror, mirror or Magic mirror? Day in The Neighborhood or Day in This Neighborhood?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

May have beat you to it, but your math was better than mine!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

not really.for me it was always the berenstein bears and mirror mirror on the wall... but the sun as i remember it was yellow not a blinding white.

not really into those alternate realities theories, i think most of those examples you gave are nothing but grammar errors or the memory playing tricks. the sun color changing on the other hand is something that you do not forget.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
absolutely it is a whiter 'blinding' light now (to me yellow cuz i remember it orangey). here in socal cannot even go outside without shades! esp with this heat wave, feels like 120F

there might be some research out there as far as the sun being 'brighter' - would make sense the atmosphere is more stripped with decades of CFCs and other stuff eroding it.

maybe earth is being REterraformed for the coming invasion.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I have also noticed (beginning a few years back ) that the sun is now "whiter", instead of the yellow I remember as a kid.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

As someone who grew up in Vermont (Northeast U.S.) in the 90's, I can tell you that (unless it's my sight that has changed) the sun appears to be much whiter, rarely do I see a yellow or orange tint to it unless it is sunrise/sunset.

The blue sky is also much more hazy and less vivid of a blue. But again, it could be my sight - I think your observations (and mine) may be indicative of something... as others have mentioned, perhaps our atmosphere has been compromised from human activity'?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

maybe the sun is dying and is going nova much earlier then expected? i think it was supposed to die in 3 billion years. Anyway i won't be here to check it out.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Some of you oughta take a trip up to the Colorado mountains crested butte I recommend.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately i live in Portugal, but that sure is a beautiful landscape.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Perhaps the air pollution and jet exhausts have hazed up the sky changing the sky color slightly and also changing the overall tint of the Sun as well. I have to imagine overall pollution and air travel have increased a lot since the 70s.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality This photo is breathtaking. I can only imagine how beautiful the scenery is in peron. Wow!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Perhaps the air pollution and jet exhausts have hazed up the sky changing the sky color slightly and also changing the overall tint of the Sun as well. I have to imagine overall pollution and air travel have increased a lot since the 70s.

pollution can be one possible explanation yes, also chemtrails are a possibility as well, who knows what they are spraying up there?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonzie

Oh, it's amazing in person. I try to go there yearly I hike up a pass called cotton wood, I love the mountains and that is where my heart is,and ultimately where I will settle down

become something like a mountain man. I mentioned it because the sky is a crisp light blue and the sun Is comforting not oppressive atleast that's my experience up there.
edit on 10-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The sunlight change is possibly due to technology. Our eyes are much more actively staring at a blue-light screen for longer hours than when we were children.

When I was a kid I never intently watched television for hours on end. It was whatever was on, and even then I watched passively because I'd play or draw while something was on.

Now we're stuck to a screen, some of us don't even have commercials to give our eyes a break.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picollo30
Days are now shorter, time is speeding up a lot, a year passes by in a flash. Other things i've noticed the the sky and the sun colors. The sun is now xeon white and very bright when in the 80's it was yellow in colour. This was the thing that made me post this today. i was out and looked at the sky and the color of the sun was white and i recalled those early days when the sun had a different color, was warmer instead of agressive like the sun we have today.

Also the blue in the sky is different, when i was a kid it used to be a very light blue now its kind of a greyish blue. What changed, i dont think colour perception changes as we age, at least not that significantly and i'm only 39 with no eye problems that i know of.

I agree. Time does appear to be speeding up. I get to work and it's time to go home. It's Monday, then it's Friday in the blink of an eye. It's Sept 10 and I'm still thinking it's spring. I'm making yearly doctor and dentist appts again and it feels as if I were just there a couple months ago.

The sun is whiter than what I remember as a kid. The blue sky looks different. The world has a colder light under a hotter sun. I have no eye issues either. Aggressive sun sounds like the right descriptor.

My mother has cataracts. With one removed, the "warm" world suddenly looked bluer and cooler in color. So opposite of what Sovan stated in his/her post.

I don't know about timelines. I remember Berenstein, and Mirror Mirror.

For me, the "light" of this world, the skies, have seemed off for at least 10 years now. Others around me are starting to notice the difference in the past couple years.

Being an outdoorsy person who always looks up since I was a kid - at stars, sun, clouds, birds, rainbows -- I find it particularly unnerving to see the difference. But I have no explanation or theory to offer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join