It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking this photo and effectively throwing a "curve-ball" at the Globe Earth myth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Hm, I looked it up and found picts claiming to see the curvature from a plane, but I couldn't actually see it myself. I honestly thought I remembered seeing it from a plane myself. Maybe not. But everyone agreed you could see it from the Concorde. Guess those days are long gone.

JangaGuy, I was trying to ascertain your justification for even entertaining this "flat Earth' notion, as it seems way, way ludicrous for me (and to be honest, downright foolish) to even momentarily consider. That is all.

You have a good one.

edit on 9/5/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So is half the Earth land mass on top and half on the bottom? If so, wouldn't the tight turn over the edge be noticed?

I imagine the believers go with a one sided earth and some mystery place or dimension is on the back.
edit on 9/5/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

exactamundo.

I remember reading about An expedition to survey the continent expected a three month journey but ended up taking 3 YEARS. In that time they never found shore (as Antarctica is a huge ice shelf all the way around for those uniformed). The captain described it as maddening.

I could imagine.

My thought is they circumvented the ice ring that surrounds the plane we live in.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No see that's exactly it! like I said before I was the one to say "you can see curvature from planes" too!

LOOK INTO IT.

This subject has caused me to toss out my dogma and actually use the brain I was born with for what's constructive and true.

God bless everyone on the path of truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Glitch in the matrix?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GanjaGuy

I remember reading about An expedition to survey the continent expected a three month journey but ended up taking 3 YEARS.

Sounds interesting. Got a source?

Seems like those tourists are in for a disappointment.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And yet, tourists are allowed there.
www.polar-quest.com...

Of course there is. but try to leave the sanctioned area and go exploring on your own.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You've got to be really, really high to see the curvature.
At an altitude of 33,000 feet the curvature would be just barely perceptible and only when viewed across a wide angle of view. Not so much what you get out the window of a jetliner.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

but try to leave the sanctioned area and go exploring on your own.

So, if not the pole itself, where is the edge?
Where would you like to explore on your own?

Like this guy?
www.richardparks.co.uk...
Seems he didn't fall off.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A simple horizon test.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My thought is they circumvented the ice ring that surrounds the plane we live in.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

At an altitude of 33,000 feet the curvature would be just barely perceptible and only when viewed across a wide angle of view. Not so much what you get out the window of a jetliner.

Here's a view at 108,000 feet. Do you see a curvature?
youtu.be...

link   
a reply to: Phage

Nah tried to find it but can't remember where I read it. Not trying to use that as evidence of anything just an interesting story.

As for those tourists. I mean if island hopping CLOSE TO Antarctica proves anything, what would that be exactly? They make a point of saying repeatedly that the final route depends on weather and ice conditions. and the most "Antarctica" they can hope to see optimistically would be 2 days on Elephant Island.

This is all permitting you have an extra 50000 US in expendable income for the trip.

link   

Yes. For all intents and purposes, the horizon is always at eye level.
Because your eyesight follows a straight line, it forms a tangent with the curve of the Earth. Pretty simple, really.

What's your point?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

and the most "Antarctica" they can hope to see optimistically would be 2 days on Elephant Island.

www.google.com...

link   

Where is the curvature?

link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I want to explore your thoughts. What do you have to say about the midnight sun?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Yes. For all intents and purposes, the horizon is always at eye level.
Because your eyesight follows a straight line, it forms a tangent with the curve of the Earth. Pretty simple, really.

What's your point?
The point is, is that if you rise on the vertical from a sphere, the horizon will drop away from you, you will have to look down to see the horizon. Since that is not what happens, it would appear that we are on a plane.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
How could it occur in Antarctica if it's an ice wall around the Earth? That doesn't work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join