It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Our Conscience Evolve ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

(You mean you 'didn't' bring it, right?)

Perhaps you are a first timer. Or perhaps you have karmic debts that you aren't consciously aware of - and are here to work your way back into regular class......

Look into the concept of Reincarnation as related to soul evolution. There's plenty of material out there.

edit on 9/2/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Science is human observation. It has major blind spots. Just because you have trouble wrapping your mind around it doesn't make it magic. Attitudes like yours are the reason why science and spirituality will never find harmony.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I see a difference between Consciousness and Conscience.

Consciousness is general self-awareness while conscience is the ability to tell right from wrong.

A sociopath is very self-aware, but does not have a conscience.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You mean you didn't bring it?

Perhaps.
Look into the concept of Reincarnation as related to soul evolution. There's plenty of material out there.

lets remember that we are missing a LOT of data that is crucial to this discussion.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree, God is consciousness and we are created from His own consciousness (in His image). But that doesn't make me equal to God. I might be in union with Him, but not equal in the sense of a supreme creator.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Why does my dog know right from wrong?

Good question! instinct is what? it is intelligence from where?

can instinct be considered intelligent? its very definition belies the process of cognition.

I disagree, a Mother bird teaches her young to groom their feathers or they die, this is intelligence, we use the word instinct for many actions that are in fact intelligence! Built in intelligence where did it originate. The Mother bird learned she would die if each wet feather is not groomed and then taught her young? No it was knowledge given her in her kinds very beginning.

The there are the learned actions, a Rat can teach other rats what it learns about breaking into a home and reaching food, a Racoon s can teach and lean to a dramatic extent as do so many animals.

Hundreds of kinds of grasshoppers each calls to a mate of THEIR OWN kind with specific frequencies why, why would they not just mate with all grasshoppers. it was set as a behavior by intelligent design.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm tracking it, thanks. I've already presented a link for the OP regarding the Evolution of Psychology....
in my first post in the thread.

It seems irrelevant to derail it by steering it toward Reincarnation theories. I was just answering BP's question.

??

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Buzzy Buzzy Buzzy of course there are those who don't
belong to my example. Conscience does seem to be a fleeting thing.
Rather fickle if you will. I'm sure you seen the recent post of those
maniacs burning dogs with acid. I doubt if they have a conscience
or a God. Or a dog for that matter.
edit on Rpm90215v14201500000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Science is human observation. It has major blind spots. Just because you have trouble wrapping your mind around it doesn't make it magic. Attitudes like yours are the reason why science and spirituality will never find harmony.

any sufficiently advanced technology (the result of sufficiently advanced science) appears to be magic. but that doesnt change the fact that it IS science and DOES have a method to its perceived madness. what you call attitude, i call realism.

but this isnt about me, it is about the conscience and where it comes from.

link   
Wrong post
edit on 2-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: wrong post

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

They are completely messed up, no doubt about it. But that doesn't mean that "if only they had heard of Jesus" they wouldn't be like that.
Ya know. Randy randy randy.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Buzzy Buzzy Buzzy of course there are those who don't
belong to my example. Conscience does seem to be a fleeting thing.
Rather fickle if you will. I'm sure you seen the recent post of those
or a God.

there are those who would claim to have both and are currently slaughtering innocents in other countries.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I wasn't shooting down your opinion. I was answering what I thought was an inquiry....

Okay, never mind. I'm out. If you would like some resources regarding reincarnation-based spirituality and the soul's growth via that process, you know how to get in touch with me. And, of course, how to use Google and the ATS Search funtion.

Thanks for your dialogue, though. I appreciate it, and feel like you and I are beginning to find some common ground, or at least reaching a 'detante' situation.

All the best, BP.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

(You mean you 'didn't' bring it, right?)

Perhaps you are a first timer. Or perhaps you have karmic debts that you aren't consciously aware of - and are here to work your way back into regular class......

I'm familiar with the concept of reincarnation, but personally, I don't believe we need multiple lifetimes to spiritually mature. However, I can not objectively rule out the possibility.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

We aren't even sure souls exist yet. How can we determine if they are able to evolve or not until we do that?

link   

a reply to: randyvs

They are completely messed up, no doubt about it. But that doesn't mean that "if only they had heard of Jesus" they wouldn't be like that.
Ya know. Randy randy randy.

I do know that my lady and I agree that hearing is not believing.
They certainly aren't Christians are they?
edit on Rpm90215v26201500000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

***DISCLAIMER****

I'm going to post something that might seem intelligent. This, in no way, is an endorsement of all my previous posts and does not reflect the ideology of management.

Has anyone ever read René Descartes?

"Cogito ergo sum" anyone?

***DISCLAIMER OVER***

Progressives are poops heads. Please carry on.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What you call realism is incomplete, so how about not jumping the gun untill you have the full panorama in front of you?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'm sure you seen the recent post of those
or a God.

Religion has two sides, randy... there's the side that benefits society and then there's a side that does not

This is why I don't consider modern religious practices all that meaningful in the 'grand scheme'. Modern man has been around for 130,000 years and the march of hominids has been around since we grouped together in trees (which is many millions of years).

Yes, religion has always played a role in the development of our conscience, but it goes back to when we first learned how to 'subdue' each other with rocks (a benefit of social structure... killing the unwanted or feared).

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

What you call realism is incomplete, so how about not jumping the gun untill you have the full panorama in front of you?

it will be many, many, many years before we even get close to the full panorama. even captain picard, a man of great conscience and moral clarity (not to mention explorer of cosmic phenomena beyond our wildest dreams) has been known to be surprised.

edit on 2-9-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join