It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Strangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hi ATSers.

I just found this website - www.twinstrangers.com that was started by a girl from Ireland who found her twin living only half an hour away.
The resemblance is uncanny and now other people have found their twins.
You tap your details in and upload two pics and if anyone else looks the same, they match you up.
Is anyone here on that site and if so, did you find your twin?
I read somewhere that there are 7 types of people in the world and we are all just variations of those 7 types?
Has anyone else heard that? No clue where I read that but it wasn't recently.

Mods- I wasn't sure where to post this, please move if Im in the wrong place.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

I have always felt that there were maybe a certain amount of variations a person could look like. That's why so many unrelated people look alike. I figured there were more than 7, though.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

To be honest is sounds like a scam to obtain personal information with pictures.

I would be careful... The idea sounds pretty cool though.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't think its a scam, but anythings possible.

It was on a news site today.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Me too.

As an adopted person I have always wanted to look like someone! because I don't look like anybody in my family.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

To answer the question -

Way back in the day I was approached by some guy and his wife. They started talking to me like they knew who I was. Only after about 30 seconds of my dumbfounded look on my face they stopped talking and look just as confused as I looked. Apparently they thought I was someone else and we had the conversation about if I had a twin (which I don't). The similarity apparently was so close there was no real difference between how we look. Kind of creepy in the X-Files Dr. Mengele sort of way....

Apparently I have a doppelganger running around the US.

originally posted by: lifecitizen
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Me too.

As an adopted person I have always wanted to look like someone! because I don't look like anybody in my family.

That's when you tell people you got the best genes of everyone in your adopted family.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

lol. Works for me.

Maybe you should try the site to find them. Two girls in the states found each other on there. A crazy resemblance.

As an aside from your post also- you have to watch Orphan Black

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I met my double at a cousins birthday party when I was a small child. Our parents could only tell us apart by our little bow ties (don't ask) which were different colours. No relation of course, which made it all the stranger.

Handsome devil though, by all accounts

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Good day....I had an odd occurrence once while sitting at a traffic light. In my rear view mirror I saw a duplicate couple (my wife was sitting next to me)...in the car behind us. Same type car, different color, but the couple had same hair styles in same shapes and sitting in the exact same position with same hand on the stseeing wheel.

OK....I thought for sure I was seeing our reflections in back window. But it wasn't. Looking closer while turning around...they we're looking at us just as surprised as we we're.

The thing that confirmed our "dopplegangers"...was the clothes they wore we're different colors...very strange.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I know I have one out there.
My step dad went into a gas station, when I was much younger. He came out, and asked my mom when I got a job there. Mom thought he was crazy, so he dragged her in there to see. She said it was crazy how much she looked like me.

I've never seen her myself, but I would like too.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I've had several instances of people that thought I was someone else. It hasn't happened in a decade or so, but when I was young it happened almost monthly. I just chalked it up to having an average face back in the day.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

lol. Im sure you are

Bow ties are cool- the 11th doctor.

Wow thanks for commenting everyone, very interesting.
Maybe you should sign up to the site.
edit on Tuesday45fAmerica/Chicago2015-09-01T15:45:18-05:00453045243America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on Tuesday30fAmerica/Chicago2015-09-01T16:30:12-05:00303030243America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wonder if you look similar now.?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Well, you know, its funny...

I think as I age, that these things are becoming harder to tell. Let me tell you why. When I was sixteen, over the course of approximately seventy two hours, I grew my first beard. I had my first proper shave with the fancy shaver my father got me for my Birthday, which did a good job of getting rid of the wispy nonsense that was there previously. Then, father dearest left the family, and took my fancy electric razor doodad with him. Being unable to get into town, and also having no money, I could not replace it. During the next three days, a small, one assumes mammalian lifeform grew on my face, or more accurately, my neck, just below the chin. It was a full on Neckbeard, and I was known as Neckbeard the pirate for many years, because even when I did get a razor, it was a rare sight to see me with no face fluff.

However, this has had a very strange effect.

Myself, my brother in law, and our friend Oz, look TOTALLY different. My brother in law is taller and slimmer built, I am the middle height of the three and the most solidly constructed, and Oz was shorter and extremely thin. Our faces are all different shapes as well. Despite this, the fact that we all had long hair, and beards, meant that my own neighbours used to be unable to pick us apart unless we were all in the same place, at the same time.

And the fact is, there are lots of us long haired nut bars, marching around and kicking some ass, to steal a line from Brutal Legend. To be absolutely accurate we ARE legion. A friend of mine, who had never been to a metal festival before, came to the last one I attended. She told me that she has never been in a place where it was so hard to tell me apart from everyone else in the venue!

Apparently, only long hairs can tell long hairs apart without difficulty. So if the dude has grown hair and a beard since, chances are we would be in the same boat, and only recognisably differ in the arrangement of patches on our jackets lol!

top topics

join