It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiz Khalifa Arrested at Airport for Not Giving Up Hoverboard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wiz Khalifa, the rap artist was arrested at an airport today for apparently refusing to give up his hoverboard. I caught wind of this story from Facebook, Wiz Khalifa shared a video of the cops (looks like 5 of them or so) taking him down and 2-3 of the cops aggressively saying "Stop resisting" as the rap artist tries to calmly repeat "I'm not resisting sir, I'm not resisting sir..."

Here is an article about the incident from Radio.com - it also includes a bunch of remarks the artist said such as:

What's even funnier than them not bein able to do **** is they'll be riding them soon as well. Maybe ones I design.

All because I didn't want to ditch the technogy everyone will be using in the next 6 months.

Radio.com Article

Khalifa was apparently carrying a hoverboard or self-balancing scooter which caused a dust-up with airport security which led to his takedown. Photos and video were captured clearly displaying the number of officers needed to subdue him. Sarcastically, Khalifa remarked, “Haven’t been slammed and cuffed in a while. That was fun.”

Unless there is other footage of the confrontation and why the cops took the artist to the ground, there is no way of telling whether they were justified. He seemed calm in the video from that article - but he did seem a bit pompous and if he's not following the law or responding to the officers' directives (if they are justified).

Video:

The other question here is were the officers justified in how they acted - if there is a policy/law against bringing these "Skuywalker" hoverboards in any way and they asked him to abide by this law and he refused, they may have been justified. but the aggression, number of police and "stop resisting" element of this make me wonder if part of this is just because this artist is so anti-establishment and in-you-face about his "celebrity" status and arrogant attitude. Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Some times you get a mental image of how you want to make your entrance. Gliding out of the exit ramp on a hoverboard has got to be in my top 5. How dare they deny any one the use of a damn hoverboard!! I mean... How long have we waited for this!!?? Where's my damn jetpack, i'm outta here!?!?! OOHH YEA!! I DON'T HAVE ONE!!

DAMMNIT OBAMA!!!!!

P.s. In this day and age, who doesn't know who Wiz Khalifa is?

edit on 22-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I wouldn't give up my hover board either.

God damnit I've always wanted a hover board ever since back to the future 2.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You can have my hoverboard when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

Now the cops get to be broke and famous.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Hoverboard? Wonder if he's at fault or if the cops are at fault...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Is it really over a hoverboard or is it because ole wiz is an a hole that's raps about drugs and shooting people. He dat gangsta yall heard!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Im just wondering if they where trying to take it away because its illegal, or was he trying to board the plane with his hoverboard.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Just remember, being "pompous/arrogant" to a police officer isn't a crime.

I was on a jury where they were prosecuting the defendant for a DUI. There was no evidence of any substance on or in the defendant. And police didn't find any substance in the defendant's car either. However, literally half of the officers' case was that the defendant used curse words at them. We asked 2 simple questions: 1. Is cursing at an officer illegal? 2. If it is, why are you trying her for a DUI instead of disorderly conduct? We saw all of the dashcam footage & the defendant didn't resist either, hence the lack of a "resisting arrest" charge. Needless to say, the defendant was found not guilty.

"Unwritten rules" should mean jack ___ in a court of law. Police are supposed to enforce the laws that lawmakers make, not enforce unwritten rules & "rules" they make up on the spot.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Is it really over a hoverboard or is it because ole wiz is an a hole that's raps about drugs and shooting people. He dat gangsta yall heard!

Ah ok, arresting people for stuff they say, thats a good one! What a grand idea. Good thing there are no laws against that!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So... Is the anti-gravity device on these hoverboards wheels? Every video I've seen these things look like mini-segways. Lol. I guess word definitions are changing once again.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe prior records and things self proclaimed gangster rappers say may make policing units a bit suspicious. I guess I'm crazy, I doubt this is about his stupid piece of tech.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Doesn't matter, it is just words.

Guess it is ok when it is people we don't like huh?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

P.s. In this day and age, who doesn't know who Wiz Khalifa is?

Never heard of the dude. Which means little but at least one person doesn't know who he is.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Maybe prior records and things self proclaimed gangster rappers say may make policing units a bit suspicious. I guess I'm crazy, I doubt this is about his stupid piece of tech.

Im not familiar with Wiz Khalifia's private life or his associations with the law. But, rappers are artists no matter whether or not you respect the type of 'music' it is.

Now, heres the thing. When a rapper is rapping about gang banging, its not a given, sworn statement, its art, whether you like it or not. Its also free speech. The stories they speak about are not always their own, sometimes its people they know, stuff they heard, things they may have experienced or may be colourful stories passed around their neighbourhood.

Unless he has a history of trying to disable planes with funky looking tech, I don't see how its relevant whatsoever while trying to board an airplane.

If he is currently on charges, I could see concern.

If he has a history of causing public riots, I could see a concern.

If he has a history of terrorist activities, I could see a concern.

Besides that, and if he has served any sentences on cases that are not relevant to the situation, its none of the authorities god damned business.
edit on 22-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Great spin boncho. My original thought was, was it really over his stupidass hover board or because he's an ass hole gangster rapper? I don't think it had much to do with his hover board I think its because he was probably being a smart ass A hole when questioned, I'm more inclined to believe he was arrested because he needs to uphold his street cred otherwise he'd be a conformist system evangelical. I couldn't find another case of someone getting arrested over anything similar.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Doesn't matter, it is just words.

Guess it is ok when it is people we don't like huh?

Guess so, your obviously right, I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Your words not mine.

Just wonder who else you pre judge based on what they say.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If these fools didn't know who he was... I am certain that discovered he can afford a better attorney than they can. a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It looks like he was riding it through the federal inspection area of LAX. Do I think he should have been cuffed over it? No, but for all we know he was riding it like an ass and bumping into people.

cnn...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join