It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend of US servicemen describes terrifying attack on European train

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A train full of innocent people, going about their daily grind and some lone wolf coward decides to attack them for what ever reason. I'm not going to do the "Rah Rah Americans did it!", I'm just glad someone stopped it before those innocent lives were taken. They're saying they don't know the reason for it yet, but this is very similar to ISIS inspired, lone wolf type of attacks that have occurred all over the world and I suspect that when the suspect does talk, it'll be seen as political/religion motivated.
I especially like that last line - "the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

Three Americans are being hailed as heroes for tackling and disarming a gunman they happened to see on a high-speed train between Amsterdam and Paris Friday.

Air Force serviceman Spencer Stone remained hospitalized Saturday after being stabled, though the Pentagon said the injury was not-life threatening. Another passenger was wounded by a handgun in the attack, according to a police union official.

It remains unclear whether there was a political motive to the gunman’s actions. French authorities are questioning the 26-year-old Moroccan attacker and are expected to speak to at least one of the Americans who subdued the man. Counterterrorism police are leading the investigation, according to the Paris prosecutor’s office.

Anthony Sadler, a senior at Sacramento State University, was traveling with childhood friends of Stone, of Carmichael, California, and Alek Skarlatos, a National Guardsmen from Roseburg, Oregon, when they heard a gunshot and breaking glass. Sadler told The Associated Press that they saw a train employee sprint down the aisle followed by a gunman with an automatic rifle.

"As he was cocking it to shoot it, Alek just yells, 'Spencer, go!' And Spencer runs down the aisle," Sadler said. "Spencer makes first contact, he tackles the guy, Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a boxcutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."

UPDATE - A picture of 3 of the men who stopped the gunman.
from the left — Anthony Sadler, a college student from California; Aleck Sharlatos, a National Guardsman from Oregon; Chris Norman, a British man living in France; and a US Air Force serviceman (not seen) who is hospitalized after the incident

edit on 22-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hats off to the chaps for stepping up - it's lucky they happened to be outside the toilet when the scumbag was loading his weapon. Had he not been discovered that early, it could have been far worse.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Three men beating someone unconscious is not a "hero" to me. Regardless to what they have done they could have restrained him without beating. Let the judicial system do the punishment.

But I guess a judge, jury,and executioner is a "hero" now...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

TOP respect the the US soldiers and the British man! Filled with a true sense of human pride there's people in the world who just ACT and put others lives ahead of their own.

Well done, boys. Well done.

(post by noonebutme removed for a manners violation)
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Oh give over - the guy was armed and dangerous. He had already wounded one bystander with the handgun and stabbed one of the chaps restraining him. Beating him into unconsciousness ensured he wouldn't continue to put up resistance and endanger anyone else.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The guy was about to shoot a train full of unarmed, innocent, men, women and children. He got much less than he deserved.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I have to ask - what would you have them do? Write him a strongly worded letter? Give him a hug? Ask him out on date with a bunch of flowers?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Good on these fellows.
I hope they never need to buy a litre of booze again in France.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
He's lucky he only got beaten unconscious.

I'd of blown his brains out and guarantee he'd never try something like that again. Sorry if that seems extreme but after 14+ years of this nonsense I've got no tolerance for these idiots.

String him up.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

He's lucky he only got beaten unconscious. I'd of blown his brains out and guarantee he'd never try something like that again. Sorry if that seems extreme but after 14+ years of this nonsense I've got no tolerance for these idiots. String him up.

the only good terrorist, is a dead terrorist. i think i could have managed a accidental discharge of his own weapon.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Three men beating someone unconscious is not a "hero" to me. Regardless to what they have done they could have restrained him without beating. Let the judicial system do the punishment.

Really, and if this SOB wouldn't have been stopped and knocked unconscious how many innocent lives would he have taken? I think he got off easy! He did stab and managed to shoot two people so his intentions were perfectly clear! Judge and Jury? I don't think you need a Judge and Jury to decide this guy's guilt. No sympathy here even if he lost his life in the scuffle. Victim +1, Murderer 0. Cry me a river.
edit on 22-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
He's lucky he only got beaten unconscious.

I'd of blown his brains out and guarantee he'd never try something like that again. Sorry if that seems extreme but after 14+ years of this nonsense I've got no tolerance for these idiots.

String him up.

Take care the Muslim social media moditoring mob will put a black mark next to your name, expect lots of negitive reviues about anything you write here, but worry not too much Im sure there are lots of good people at ATS that will surport you. Sad I could only give you one star, but

(post by FinalCountdown removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: TheMainEvent

He's lucky he only got beaten unconscious. I'd of blown his brains out and guarantee he'd never try something like that again. Sorry if that seems extreme but after 14+ years of this nonsense I've got no tolerance for these idiots. String him up.

the only good terrorist, is a dead terrorist. i think i could have managed a accidental discharge of his own weapon.

Me too I would of had an "AD" untill the mag was empty

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

I have to ask - what would you have them do? Write him a strongly worded letter? Give him a hug? Ask him out on date with a bunch of flowers?

Sad but im sure there are lots of PC people who would do just that

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

People trained in counterterrorism know they must completely subdue the assailant to restrain the threat. These guys obviously had a basic understanding of this as it's touched upon in most basic training programs

Since these were civilians at the time I'm sure they didn't have direct access to handcuffs or quick restraints avaiable to them immediately.

The man was armed and ready for mayhem. What if he had rigged an explosive device in the bathroom and had the trigger on his body or worse was wearing it.

These men are hero's for the countless innocent lives they saved. Even if they tossed this sick idiot off the fast moving train, I'd still applaud there actions!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64B

Bravo, well done Gentleman.
Everyday people usually are the victims and end up being statistics when these attacks happen.
Not these boys, they said nope.

Good on them

(post by deckdel removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

But I guess a judge, jury,and executioner is a "hero" now...

Well yes 3 unarmed men beating a man with a gun is actually quite heroic. Imagine if they didnt? Most do.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join