It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APD officers will stand trial for murder in shooting of James Boyd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
wow 2 of the cops who killed James Boyd for having an illegal campsite have been charged with murder. I know most of you remember this case and IMO it was absolute murder. One of the cops that is being charged is the one that said" he was going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun" right before the raid.

Im glad cops are being held accountable , they had all those cops and dogs all for one effing homeless dude just trying to get some sleep and end up killing him.

udge Neil Candelaria on Tuesday ruled there is probable cause for two Albuquerque police officers to stand trial in the 2014 shooting death of a homeless man.
Retired officer Keith Sandy and officer Dominique Perez will face charges of 2nd-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and battery in court. The officers fatally shot James Boyd during a standoff in the foothills. They will be arraigned and likely booked at some point.
"Counsel, having considered all the evidence in the case and applying the standard of probable cause… The court finds—with the exception of involuntary manslaughter—that the state has established probable cause as to all the counts in the amended information. The court will bind the matters over for trial," Candelaria said.

www.kob.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I was appalled when I watched that video. The manner in which those LEOs handled themselves, and the use of firearms was absolutely unjustified. I'll be curious to see what the jury finds at the end of all this. But even if they are acquitted of all charges, I hope being in the spotlight for something like this has an effect on these men

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That whole situation screamed to me "we have toys and want to try them out!" from day one so...

Good. Glad to hear it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The cops say that they shot him to protect the K9 officers life. But all I see is them directing him, him starting to cooperate, but then a flash bang is tossed, this kinda gets the guy frantically moving through his belongings, now he's got a knife in his hand [or two] and the dog approaches but it looks as though it is secured the moment the lethal shots run out.

Whats scary is if this is legit, than they can just sick a dog on you, now you are a lethal threat. Thats not right. What the hell is the point of the dog again?

edit on 19-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I couldn't make out the verbal communications between the cops and this homeless guy. He certainly didn't seem like a threat to them. Their was a relatively good distance between him and the police officers. The guy had a knife in his hand, but It doesn't seem like he was threatening them with it. They didn't give him a chance to drop it before the cop who was farthest away started bombarding him with gun shots.

Outrageous that these cops still let loose their attack dog when the guy was obviously dead or immobilized. Than they shoot him again and handcuff the guy who now seems obviously dead. Trigger happy police officers in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Talk about overkill. He was getting to the ground and they lit him up. It was obvious that he was hit but NO sick the damn dog on him and step on him. I hope the biggest meanest guy in prison makes them his girlfriends.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yelling at a dead man to drop the knife.....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Meh, he was still moving at that point.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
gang members get a teardrop tattoo when they murder someone
police officers get mustaches when they murder someone.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: charolais

Meh, he was still moving at that point.

Yeah I would think a half dozen bullets or so to the back would do that.

new topics

top topics

join