It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next round of upgrades and improvements to ATS... Mobile first...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How about a final spell check before post is posted? Sometimes it is really hard to read posts done on mobile not to mention annoying.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Mobile, I believe it is my phone. I just frequent ATS so much that I had ASSumed that it was the site. I'm fairly certain that it is just my phone. Not sure what its problem is though.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hoping you can fix the issues with iPads. I know it's related to Apples IOS.Updates changing things, so it might not be something you can do because their next software update will screw it's all up again.

While replying , I cannot post a YouTube video or a quote tag, link tag, you name it. The browser crashes.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not knowing about this thread, I just started a thread about the need for a good, feature rich mobile app - or at least a well built wrapper - for ATS.

I think you all should consider it a necessity.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Id like to be able to post a YouTube video.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Add ATS live chat please!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'd love to see a responsive design for the site rather than a specific mobile version. Responsive design would allow it to fit almost any form factor. (Think bootstrap). I'd also like to see the js files be loaded async so the main site loads faster. Sometimes it seems the js packages, probably 3rd party, load slow from their cdn's and cause the page to not load. Have to do a hard refresh to fix it.

I also notice some of the js is not minified, so that should be done to save some size.

Images also take a long time to load, so you may be able to take a trick from facebook on how to load images faster with less overhead (Just look up how they render their main profile background images)

Other than that, keep it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xmaddness
I'd love to see a responsive design for the site rather than a specific mobile version. Responsive design would allow it to fit almost any form factor. (Think bootstrap).

I'm one of those UI/UX people who feel responsive design is irresponsible in situations such as ATS. Instead, we're using the increasingly popular "mobile aware" technique.

With responsive design, mobile users get a lot of CSS and HTML that ends up being discarded. For a site of our complexity, that can be a huge deal. So with mobile aware design, I only delivery the CSS, HTML, and JS necessary for mobile users.

I'd also like to see the js files be loaded async so the main site loads faster. Sometimes it seems the js packages, probably 3rd party, load slow from their cdn's and cause the page to not load. Have to do a hard refresh to fix it.

That's been an ongoing issue, lately, with Google's edge cache as more and more sites use their fonts/CSS/JS.

I also notice some of the js is not minified, so that should be done to save some size.

I've done a compare between the minified JS, and naked JS of that which we have control, and the difference was minimal.

Images also take a long time to load, so you may be able to take a trick from facebook on how to load images faster with less overhead (Just look up how they render their main profile background images)

I've not seen that, and we use a distributed CDN for image assets... I think some of the issue is that we don't recompress the images like Facebook does... this is because some of our uses upload original images as UFO/paranormal sighting evidence.

Thanks for the input.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join