It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google wifi router

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Google to the rescue devil:

“We spent a lot of time with people who were having all kinds of trouble with their Wi-Fi,” says Trond Wuellner, a Google product manager. Wuellner’s been at the company for eight years, most of it spent working on wireless connectivity for Chromebooks. He knows your Wi-Fi sucks, and he thinks Google can help.
:

www.wired.com...

Looks like google wants it all. Devices,ISP,tv,routers and robots.

OnHub supports the latest in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, plus Google’s new Weave language, which is designed to help appliances and connected-home devices talk to each other

I got a feeling they are going to sneak some wifi sharing with its 13 antennas in there so the neighbors and travellers can share their connections on the road. Kind of like xfinity does but likely won't suck as bad.

Also I wonder if they will open up wifi sharing on google fiber, although if I recall correctly they passed a law to make it illegal to do so?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I really don't trust google anymore. I also think sharing your wifi is a bad idea. But no doubt it will become the norm and then people will wonder why they get their personal data stolen all the time.

In fact I predict that people will become so interweaved with technology that they just don't care anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I really don't trust google anymore. I also think sharing your wifi is a bad idea. But no doubt it will become the norm and then people will wonder why they get their personal data stolen all the time.

In fact I predict that people will become so interweaved with technology that they just don't care anymore.

so true, people are slaves to there gadgets. loosing ones personal info will also become the norm. More than likely we will get to a point where everything is out in the open and the only ones allowed to use encryption are the .gov and .bank

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I really don't trust google anymore.

The only thing I trust about any business or corporation is that they will do what ever they can to get that extra dollar from me, despite what their charter or PR spokespersons say. Their is no honesty or loyalty from businesses or consumers , that is all just fluff and politically correct B$.

So I can't say I really ever trusted Google or any other corporation to not step into the grey area. When they do , they hire lobbyist to move the grey line further.

I also think sharing your wifi is a bad idea.

Its a catch22 because it can allow for an extra layer of anonymity. Also that will continue to be integral in mesh type networks. Also a shared network doesn't necessary have to grant the users access to your network.

Thats a given, people have already given their privacy rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How can you trust any Google product? It's primary shareholder is Fidelity. The people who brought you the Bush administration!

new topics

top topics

join