It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo Astronaut Says Aliens Prevented A Nuclear War On Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Sometimes it’s amusing to poke fun at conspiracy theorists. After all, most of them believe irrational stories with little to no evidence, and attempt to fit contrasting evidence to their theory – as opposed to actual scientists, who realize their theories could be wrong in the face of evidence to the contrary.

But in the case of NASA's former Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, it’s actually a bit sad what has happened. Since he returned from the Moon in 1971, he has spouted some increasingly bizarre conspiracy theories, mostly regarding aliens visiting Earth, and his latest is no different. In an interview with the Mirror Online, he says that aliens came to Earth to prevent a nuclear war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

In the interview, he references the famous White Sands Missile Range facility in New Mexico, where the world’s first atomic bomb – Trinity – was tested on July 16, 1945. “White Sands was a testing ground for atomic weapons – and that's what the extraterrestrials were interested in,” he said. "They wanted to know about our military capabilities. My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth."

SOURCE There are many other sources too.

I thought it was an interesting story. If this guy had this stuff on good authority sometimes they'll have him painted as a lunatic like they have here.

To be fair though, UFO's and Nukes were a huge story line back during the Cold War. There were a lot of UFO reports and strange sightings/happenings around Nuclear Silo's/bases around America and Military bases too back during the Cold War. Some of those cases are well documented.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

And yet they allowed them to be dropped on Japan...seems they didn't do a very good job did they?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And yet they allowed them to be dropped on Japan...seems they didn't do a very good job did they?

Wouldn't exactly call that a nuclear war..

Without sounded heartless and inhumane because it was awful what happened.
Sometimes things happen for a greater good.. who knows where the world would have ended up without that event.. maybe billions would have died. Maybe we would have destroyed the earth completely.. who knows.

Not saying I believe this story. Just trying to point out you have to look at both sides of the coin.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
At a time when secrecy surrounding military and scientific study, it would go hand in hand that anything being tested or kept secret with other secret tech makes sense.

You cant really hide a nuke going off in a desert with energy in the form of different radiations spewing every which way, so they keep secret what they can.

Think about how bright a nuke flash is, thats basic a one flash morse code for "we are testing nuclear weapons" to space.

UFOs is a handy get out clause for any other flying advances. New type of propulsion? fit a bright light to it and plant a UFO story. Testing a new type of gravity hovering drive? fit a bright light and plant a UFO story.

The fact that both these seem vaguely logical to a now suspecting public is a perfect fit.

Oh i want to believe, which is why i have to be suspicious too.
edit on b5555719 by Biigs because: always typos after posting.... sigh

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Did you miss this part of the article?

"But so far as I'm aware, most of his information on this issue comes not from things he's experienced himself, but from things he's been told by others.

"Clearly, because of who he is, he's had access to government, military and intelligence community personnel at the highest level, but because - quite understandably - he won't name his sources, we can't be certain these people were being straight with him, or indeed that they were privy to any classified information about UFOs."

www.mirror.co.uk...

Nice story, but that is all it is a story with nothing to back the claim.

And this has been discussed numerous times on ATS, so this is not new and not proof it happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Search button is your friend! That way we don't have 11 threads about the exact same freaking thing!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it really that hard?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well..to be fair, Mitchell has also claimed he was "remote healed" by someone of a carcinoma he doesn't even know if he really had because he never had a biopsy.

He also stated in a 2014 interview that he had never seen a UFO and all of his statements are speculation on his part.

The only reason he is given the time of day for anything is because he was an astronaut.....had that not been the case he would surely not even get a mention in the news for his views.

I personally think he is bonkers though. And for the record, I do think there is life out there.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Wouldn't exactly call that a nuclear war..

If they were here to stop nukes from being used wouldn't it be the thing to do...stop any nuke from being used?

Not saying I believe this story. Just trying to point out you have to look at both sides of the coin.

There is no other side of the coin, because if they were here to stop nukes why would they allow any nukes to be used?

This story is just that a story with nothing to back the claim.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

top topics

join