It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Union Smears Woman Who Posted Video of Police Beating on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This video does not show any context whatsoever. The man could have spit at the officer or something similar. If so, a smack in the mouth should be expected.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

What he choking the suspect at the end of the video, or just laying on top of him? Hard to tell.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It looks like the suspect said something the police officer didn't like. If police officers are this thin skinned and can't act like professionals, they shouldn't be police officers.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Are you sure we watched the same video?

An obvious act of aggression occurred between the handcuffed man and the police officer in the back of the patrol car. Also it is obvious the police stopped her filming at the end when the video is cut, the woman's testimony also indicates that the police did indeed stop her from filming. This is common, despite Supreme Court ruling that we have a right to film the police, I have even had an encounter where I tried to film an arrest and an over zealous cop snatched my cell phone and attempted to look through it.

Regardless of your perception of what happened, the FOP has NO right to wage a slander campaign against the women who shared this video on her face book.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Regardless of your perception of what happened, the FOP has NO right to wage a slander campaign against the women who shared this video on her face book.

I happen to like the tactic. I think its just what the country needs right now. Its time to make a clear distinction between no good thuggin hoodrats and the rest of us.

There's no place for this culture in a civilized society.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

But what does it have to do with her videotaping the cop?

Does her facebook pictures some how change what happened?

Is posting with a gun what makes you a no good thugging hoodrat?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You are just throwing the FOP's red herring out there while avoiding the issues of police brutality and the reaction too many LEOs have when they find out they are being filmed.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

You are just throwing the FOP's red herring out there while avoiding the issues of police brutality and the reaction too many LEOs have when they find out they are being filmed.

I'm all for people's rights to film the police, but if you're gonna film something like this and post it to your Facebook then you better come correct.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Is posting with a gun what makes you a no good thugging hoodrat?

No, the captions at the bottom of the pictures do.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I take a picture and call my self what ever I want doesn't make it true.

If you are going to base your entire judgment on them based off three pictures then that is part of the problem.

I agree they are bad pictures and shouldn't be up, but it doesn't somehow change anything about the video either.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This video does not show any context whatsoever. The man could have spit at the officer or something similar. If so, a smack in the mouth should be expected.

No it isn't.

A charge of assaulting the officer is expected.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: iskander683
The licensing procedure and mental test involved mean that 90% of officers are not allowed firearms. The firearms officers are the elite of the police force, (10%). They are assessed regularly and mental state of mind is a major part of the test. The 90% of police officers are not licensed thus not allowed to carry firearms. deemed not fit until passed the tests.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: ShadowLink
The guy probably made the cop run more than 50 feet so he was all pissed off and decided to get a bit of pay back.

Or perhaps he threatened his family. In that case I would've beaten the crap out of him too.

You would've beat the crap out of a handcuffed man, huh? Wow, a real tough guy, sounds like. Maybe you should look into law enforcement?
edit on 16-8-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And you might face charges for beating someone up over it.

If there was a threat made then the cop can take the normal actions.

Beating a defenseless man is not normal.

I can think of a lot of things the guy might have said to warrant a beating. Cops are humans too you know.

Imagine you had a little brother who was murdered and this guy just said he's gonna get you like he got your punk a$$ little brother? Would you care if he was cuffed before punching him in the mouth? Would you even stop to consider it?

I'm just saying that dude must've said something really twisted for that cop to come unglued like he did in front of all those people.

Whenever someone is violent against a helpless person, you should probably just assume that the helpless person is at fault...it's easy, just use your imagination...
Some people can't see how this stuff can be justified...as you can see, all it takes is a little...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wrong!!!

That is not how it works.

The police are not supposed to brutalize defenseless people.

When you are cuffed behind your back you are defenseless.

Unless you are Bruce Lee and can kick as fast as others punch.

It is always criminal, in every single case.

I don't care what they said or did, it should be a felony, every single time.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Exactly, the cop is not there to dish out street side justice.
He/she is there to arrest those for breaking or suspicion of breaking the law and start the due process.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

Wow... looking at the header it more looks like a site that aims to make police look like a bunch of agressive maniacs.

The police in the States are doing a fantastic job on their own of making themselves look like aggressive maniacs...and incompetent idiots. Yet, not all are bad...

In the short video below you will be shown two separate incidents. In the first clip you will witness; a smart ass civilian vs. belligerent officer; and in the second clip you will witness; a teenage boy vs belligerent officer.

When a grown man "reacts" the way the officers in this video did, it is a clear sign of emotional and intellectual weakness. A man who is unable to remain composed over mere words uttered by an annoyed civilian, or a teenager looking him in the eye to taunt his ego, is a man who should not be an officer and given a gun. In fact, any man who reacts like this, whether they are an officer or not, in public or private, is a man who is in desperate need of immediate psychological counselling.

To be considered an emotionally and intellectually mature individual requires the presence of mind to respond with composure during trivial matters instead of reacting like a college punk.

I could be wrong but, I honestly believe that in America they purposely recruit people to become officers who fit a certain criteria and possess a certain I.Q that allows them to perform the job in a way that fits an agenda, but not smart enough to go beyond that. They do not want officers with morals or ethics as they perform their function. Those that are indeed intelligent go on to detectives and working for various alphabet agencies due to possessing the aptitude for educational training at the college level. The rest remain minions for their entire careers where only a very few ever ascend to sergeant or supervisor.

I can bet my last dollar that 90% of the police in the States maintained no more than a C average in school and have not participated in post secondary education because they lacked the requirements to apply - not because they simply chose not to go to college or couldn't afford to. Now to be fair, I dropped out of high-school in my final year...but at least I had way higher than a C average. I state this because common sense cannot be taught, and it seems that the police culture in the States is plagued by individuals on the payroll (paid for by the tax payers dime) that lack much common sense along with lacking a high degree of emotional intelligence.

...or maybe I'm wrong and most are just juicing?

The irony in the video above is the civilians are the ones who appear to possess more emotional intelligence than the officers.

What are your thoughts concerning the actions of the TWO "aggressive maniacs" in the video? Do you honestly believe this is how an officer should "respond" in these situations to people who pay their salaries? Do you honestly believe this is how any truly confident man should "react" in these particular situations regardless of what the reasons were...?

The behaviour of the officers in this video is indicative of psychopathic tendencies.

Btw, I LOVE my police where I live. Yours...not so much.

ETA: at the 0:45 mark of the video the officer states, "You want to be a sarcastic bitch, I will be a F'n a bigger bitch!"

Q: Does claiming; "I will be a F'n bigger bitch!" sound like something an intelligent person would say...?

Let it marinate.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Looks like a cop with no self-control--I don't care what the guy was saying, you don't act like that.

I hate to say this, but "luckily" the LEO was black, so this won't cause riots. :/

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

Whenever someone is violent against a helpless person, you should probably just assume that the helpless person is at fault...it's easy, just use your imagination...

Actually I prefer common sense... something that's far too uncommon these days. If I were sitting in the back of a cop car with my hands cuffed behind my back, the last thing I'm gonna do is provoke the officer into punching me in the face... but that's just me I guess.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

Actually I prefer common sense... something that's far too uncommon these days. If I were sitting in the back of a cop car with my hands cuffed behind my back, the last thing I'm gonna do is provoke the officer into punching me in the face... but that's just me I guess.

So certain WORDS or phrases are justification for a cop to beat the crap out of a handcuffed person in the back of the car? Just curious what WORDS would it be ok for the cop to pummel the guy? Just trying to keep everything in perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join