It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is a Privilege

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Sure, existence, in general, can be seen as a privilege... even to those born into abject physical and mental misery.

Perhaps there has always been something... some form of existence, rather than something springing from nothing.

In that case, perhaps oblivion, or non-being, is the privilege? Sometimes a rest sounds lovely.

Just playing Devils Advocate... literally, heh.

The rest is what you get in the spirit world. Beautiful scenery and relaxing surroundings.

But when you wanna hop back on the ride for all the thrills and excitement that only come with tactile senses... another life is it!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Any life that has death in it, isn't good. But it was good for
awhile back in the garden. Sorry, but while a lot of the beauty
remains in this world. You and I could have been cut out of
our mothers womb and had our brains minced and injected
into a monkey some where. All just by dumbass luck. So no
I don't share your postive message. Not satisfied with this
rigid heartless slavery and mindless murdering
misrepresentation. I look to something far better.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Any life that has death in it, isn't good. But it was good for
awhile back in the garden. Sorry, but while a lot of the beauty
remains in this world. You and I could have been cut out of
our mothers womb and had our brains minced and injected
into a monkey some where. All just by dumbass luck. So no
I don't share your postive message. Not satisfied with this
rigid heartless slavery and mindless murdering
misrepresentation. I look to something far better.

That something better can be found within.

Refine yourself constantly through meditation (at least an hour a day). Evolve yourself spiritually through ethical action in all situations.

Then when your time in this world ends, I think you'll be very pleased with the results. And you might never need return unto a world like this.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'll make a note!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If life is a privilege I know I'm paying the price! I'm fighting stage 4 cancer and it has been a nightmare..... When I beat this I will treasure every day! I'll not take life for granted and will make every day count! I'm an old marine that has been shot, stabbed and lived through a helicopter crash , but trust me, this cancer has been my toughest battle. I'm making progress and can't wait to be through with the god awful treatments associated with cancer!! Enjoy your lives and love those around you!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Everything you say is nice and all but please try your best to convince ISIS of this theory...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hunk1369
If life is a privilege I know I'm paying the price! I'm fighting stage 4 cancer and it has been a nightmare..... When I beat this I will treasure every day! I'll not take life for granted and will make every day count! I'm an old marine that has been shot, stabbed and lived through a helicopter crash , but trust me, this cancer has been my toughest battle. I'm making progress and can't wait to be through with the god awful treatments associated with cancer!! Enjoy your lives and love those around you!

It sounds like you've lived an incredible life. Best of luck to you--you'll beat this one, and you're in my prayers!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Everything you say is nice and all but please try your best to convince ISIS of this theory...

We don't need convince ISIS of anything. What we need do is awaken a sufficient portion of humanity that we collectively stop electing and tolerating warmongering "leaders" and corrupt establishments.

The solution lies with you and I standing up and stepping forward as paragon examples of enlightened humanity. ISIS already decided to squander their lives in evil--they won't be getting on this roller coaster again for a long long time.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: greencmp

Unless they ask for it but, that is a voluntary abdication of rights by the aggressor.

What????? What does "a voluntary abdication of rights by the aggressor" even mean?

Are you blaming the person who was murdered for "giving up" their life?

So basically you think you can just go out and take anyone else's life because they have no right to it?

What a sad existence you lead and I hope no one lives with you. If that's truly what you think.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Absolutely. When the society (people) change, then so will the leaders who came from that society and lead it.

As long as society promotes being better than others and "money over everything", the leaders will keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have enjoyed every one of your threads that I have read. Not that I fall in line with all of it, but it does resonate strongly with my own sense of things. About this thread. Whether or not I agree with you, I have a question. As you understand that this earthly life is a privilidge, and that the experience here is a premium ticket enough so that folks are in line to be here what do you think about the possible coming die-back. That rather than billions of possible bodies for souls to incarnate into, should this die-back occur and the popuilation drops to say half a million, how would that play out do you think. Would all those waiting souls just leave the line and move on to another ride?

Added to that question, I wonder about how you think about being bound to cycles of life here on earth. Do you think that we MUST come back until we fulfill our potentiality, or might we just as easily head of in other directions completely, leaving this earthly cycle behind.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hunk1369

You fight marine! You here me! You do what God put you here to do and you fight until you take that last breath.
After that you may have to fight on. But you 'll do it in a new immortal body. I myself look forward to that and thank you for your service. MARINE!!

edit on Rpm81515v35201500000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Now get out there and prove you deserve it.

Sorry but this all sounds like:
Make yourself worthy of this life you have or you will be punished!
It sounds like, be good or you are bad!
There are so many people who already feel bad - is this thread supposed to help people to feel better? The promise of this thread seems to be - it will be better (later)! If not in this life then later in death or in the 'next life' it will be better if I am better - the hidden belief is, I am not good enough.

All the time that you are trying to be something, pure being is overlooked. You are not becoming you are being - being is not in time. Being is what there is but becoming is just a thought which leads to the idea that there is something other.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hunk1369 sounds like you've got the right attitude. Cancer is a battle. I've also got a grade 4 cancer, just finished my 5/6 rounds of chemo therapy. You can't give in to it, but by your post I don't think your the type to give up. Keep up the battle, you will win and you can move on. I see the finishing line and am excited now about finishing. I've been fighting cancer for 13 years now, so Im used to feeling sick and tired, but not long to go now. I've seen some people, who make a big drama out of it and feel sorry for themselves, my uncle is being like that now and I can tell he's not going to last too long. I want to shout at him and tell him to man up, but don't think he'd take it too well, we are all different I guess, but it has shown me how important a positive attitude helpsand you have to play a part in your own recovery

edit on 16-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I have enjoyed every one of your threads that I have read. Not that I fall in line with all of it, but it does resonate strongly with my own sense of things. About this thread. Whether or not I agree with you, I have a question. As you understand that this earthly life is a privilidge, and that the experience here is a premium ticket enough so that folks are in line to be here what do you think about the possible coming die-back. That rather than billions of possible bodies for souls to incarnate into, should this die-back occur and the popuilation drops to say half a million, how would that play out do you think. Would all those waiting souls just leave the line and move on to another ride?

Added to that question, I wonder about how you think about being bound to cycles of life here on earth. Do you think that we MUST come back until we fulfill our potentiality, or might we just as easily head of in other directions completely, leaving this earthly cycle behind.

Hi, thanks for the kind words! Here's my take on things:

I believe population control is a plot of malevolent spirits who want to see earth fall off as a potential destination for incarnating souls. If any population control agenda goes through successfully, the (currently ongoing) battle for earth will be seriously compromised (but never entirely lost! In a worst case scenario earth would implode--the evil upon it would consume itself--then would be reseeded anew for another attempt at development).

If that tragedy unfolds, the spirits who once incarnated on earth will be offered places in other similar worlds. There are many many MANY other worlds that have available bodies that are nearly indistinguishable from human beings.

So don't think that the displaced spirits of earth would end up in squid bodies or other "alien" forms. They'd still be human (probably a more perfected variant of human) on another near-identical world.

Regarding being bound to cycles on earth, this is something you discuss and plan out with your guardians in the spirit realm. Their goal is to get you spiritually evolved while keeping you happy as possible. If for whatever reason you become dissatisfied with life on earth, you can certainly start incarnating in other realms.

Obviously the state of your personal evolution will determine the spectrum of worlds upon which you can incarnate. If you still have a strong preference towards eating (consuming to reenergize yourself), you probably won't be fully satisfied living in a world where they derive energy from non-material forms (absorbing it from the sun, the universe, etc).

Likewise if you still have strong inclinations towards violence, you probably won't be welcomed on worlds that have attained higher virtues and world peace.

So finding the right world for a displaced spirit is a twofold game--discovering a realm that interests the spirit whilst finding a world that suits its current state of development.

Needless to say, there'd be a lot of celestial paperwork going on finding happy homes for all those former earth spirits.

That's what we're working to avoid.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Now get out there and prove you deserve it.

Sorry but this all sounds like:
Make yourself worthy of this life you have or you will be punished!
It sounds like, be good or you are bad!
There are so many people who already feel bad - is this thread supposed to help people to feel better? The promise of this thread seems to be - it will be better (later)! If not in this life then later in death or in the 'next life' it will be better if I am better - the hidden belief is, I am not good enough.

All the time that you are trying to be something, pure being is overlooked. You are not becoming you are being - being is not in time. Being is what there is but becoming is just a thought which leads to the idea that there is something other.

My point is more: It's really really good right now--get out there and appreciate this great blessing you've been given (and please don't screw it up for yourself by being gross or weird or corrupt!)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Give or take a few things here and there, this is pretty much how I have come to understand things also Trachell. While de-pop might be a goal of the present elite, there is also to my ability to comprehend, the possibility that the human season of ripeness may have been reached on Earth for this cycle, be it sun spots or whatever and that as a natural course this coccoon may be infertile for an epochal period, which of course might lead to consciousness being a different sort of thing in Earths future.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This should actually be in the Gray area or Religion, since you brought "God" into it.

The issue with everything you have just posted is that nothing can be proven, nor can it be validated in any way, unless people subscribe to your particular dogma.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

With all due respect you can take your "life is a privilege" shrite and shove it up your jaxie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join