It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really don't want to go to work tommorow.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I went to work away on the 23 of July for what should have been an 8 day job. I got back on the 11th of August.

Aside from living in a tent and getting rained out and covered in mud after 5 days of rain it got hot really quickly and then I got sunburned.

Somehow I got sunburned SHINS??? Who gets sunburn on there shins? I normally just go brown but oh no this was near hospitalisation sunburn.

Then for reasons that I will not go into I was repeatedly stung on said sunburned shins by a bunch of drunken angry wasps, this as you can imagine was unpleasant. Just to top it off I was then smashed in my severely sunburned and multiple wasp stung shins with with a high speed mash of twisted metal resulting in severe abraisions and me going off in a huff and swearing and drinking before finishing off the last four days in agony.

Then I got back at two in the morning only to have to move house and have barley had a chance to sit down whilst dealing with other life related issues.

I am supposed to be going to work again in the morning but am still awaiting a phonecall that should have been recieved hours ago to confirm that I have to engage in this sillyness one again but am thinking about turning my phone off and just going to bed for a few days.

Is anyone else sick of the daily grind or did I just have a bad couple of weeks

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well come to the world dear brother/sister, its a hell hole but we sell our souls to live a little longer

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I was so sick of it, the daily routine, I thought I was going mad..so I retired!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I wondered what happened to you. I haven't seen you around. It sounds like you've been on an adventure. The bad kind. Drunken angry wasps? Why did you get them drunk? Do you hear that beeping sound? Your cell phone is dying. Going. Going. Gone. Oops. "Did you call? Oh, sorry. The phone died."

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow what a palava. What do you do for work. Sounds interesting.get some aloe Vera on those shins.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Too late I just got the call.

It's not all bad it's a great seasonal job working at music festivals I was just tired of all the beer drinking and parties after work and was liking my home and bed.

Well, someones got to do it I suppose...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I feel for but I am jellious too. I use to do that sort of work too but since having kids makes it harder. I still sometimes work for my favourite festival but as a different role. Good luck. I hope the weather is good.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Aloe vera was applied but to little effect, these shins were destroyed.

On the second day I chose to wear trousers even though it really hurt as I was annoyed at strangers walking up and saying

"Holy s*** what happened to your legs you should go to hospital or at least put some some aloe vera on those bad boys"

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Dude....

Rest. You cannot work if you break yourself. Therefore, heal, rest, eat and drink, and then go back and do what you have to do when you have attended to yourself!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Me either!
I came home early today...Why do I feel guilty using my time? I have lots and lots of it!!!!!
We went on vacation in July and I got sick July 12...still sick...
Some sort of URI and I NEVER get sick! Now, it's moving into my lungs and ear...One of the nurses at work said "Geez! you look like hell" Thanks!
Work, work, work....and to top it all off, I'm on call this week!!!
Kids went back to school this week...mixed bag there.
I don't want to go to work the rest of the month LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Haha, welcome back man!

Bet you had a few laughs as well, always swings n roundabouts.
If it's any comfort I don't wanna get out of bed any day I have to for work, just gotta do it, and as I'm self employed I am kinda forced to if I need the cash.
Took a week off up to this morning, so with no income and the cost of my lazy week I just had to do it today, all good after a bacon sandwich though.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh, well. What can you do?
Music festivals sound interesting. What kind of music?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
stop wearing shorts? use sunblock?
i'd go with stop wearing shorts.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Sunblock gives you cancer don't you know.

This is ATS after all, duh.

Only joking I am normally good at not burning so this was an Ann O'mally as it where.
edit on 13/8/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
sorry, i got jealous when you said you usually go brown.
ive never had a suntan.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Me either, my friend.... At least it's Friday.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

When 14, I burned two holes in my shins, when laying out in the 35 degree prairie sun for a few hours thinking a suntan would be nice. The pain was unbearable. Then Grandma handed me the Solarcain. I swear by this stuff. It has lidocaine in it so you might find something similar if not this exact brand. Check out the reviews.

Edit: link not working. Just look up Solarcaine.

edit on 13/8/15 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Suck it up buttercup.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: Skid Mark

Too late I just got the call.

It's not all bad it's a great seasonal job working at music festivals I was just tired of all the beer drinking and parties after work and was liking my home and bed.

Well, someones got to do it I suppose...

Dude!

I'll take your job!!!!!

Minus the wasps....can't deal with that.

But, yeah....what's the name of the company? I'll apply.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I went to work away on the 23 of July for what should have been an 8 day job. I got back on the 11th of August.

Aside from living in a tent and getting rained out and covered in mud after 5 days of rain it got hot really quickly and then I got sunburned.

Somehow I got sunburned SHINS??? Who gets sunburn on there shins? I normally just go brown but oh no this was near hospitalisation sunburn.

Then for reasons that I will not go into I was repeatedly stung on said sunburned shins by a bunch of drunken angry wasps, this as you can imagine was unpleasant. Just to top it off I was then smashed in my severely sunburned and multiple wasp stung shins with with a high speed mash of twisted metal resulting in severe abraisions and me going off in a huff and swearing and drinking before finishing off the last four days in agony.

Then I got back at two in the morning only to have to move house and have barley had a chance to sit down whilst dealing with other life related issues.

I am supposed to be going to work again in the morning but am still awaiting a phonecall that should have been recieved hours ago to confirm that I have to engage in this sillyness one again but am thinking about turning my phone off and just going to bed for a few days.

Is anyone else sick of the daily grind or did I just have a bad couple of weeks

Maybe long pants would help!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join