It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How hard would it be for you to kill someone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

an infantry man would know if he had just fired a blank or a live round

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well...this got Zombied up from the depths...

To answer the question:
Very hard.

Not through lack of ability nor availability of methods and means to do so.
Simply because I value life...even the lives of people who may wish to take mine or of loved ones.

Doesn't mean that if - heaven forbid - needs be that I had to, that I wouldn't...just means I likely wouldn't just shrug it off within my mind and soul like it was nothing.

Thing also is that I'm a father, husband etc...and if you were to ask me what I'd do if someone hurt or killed my wife or children then my initial gut response would be pretty immediate and pretty vicious...

...I do know from experience of having one of my children almost struck by a speeding car rounding a corner on the wrong side of the road that my immediate reaction was to run over, rip the driver out of the car (as they pulled over and stopped) and start kicking their head in...wasn't until my wife grabbed me and screamed at me that I fully realised what I was doing...luckily the driver was wanted by Police, hopped off his head on drugs, and in a stolen car...so the Police who attended just told me to walk on...

Kinda think pretty much every single one of us doesn't know until we - again heaven forbid - find out...even then the actual action is likely to be instinctual...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've been in this situation...faced with possibly having to kill another...3 times in my life.

The first time (guy came up to my car window and first accosted me, then tried to grab at me (window was down)..., I unloaded a pellet gun in the guy's face. (all I had as a teen)...then I drove off.

The second time, I hit a guy in the nose (his group of about 7 came up to me and a buddy, and were going to rob us), with the heel of my hand (broke his nose but didn't kill him...then 4 of his friends still jumped me, others went for my buddy)...we were still robbed, and beaten up, but I did take the one guy out quick.

The third time, a neighborhood punk was drunk and smashed my tail lights (he mistook me for someone else), and was yelling for us with a baseball bat. I came out of the house with a broadsword (hoping to just scare him away). It was a pretty tense back and forth, and I was literally seconds away from running that guy through when he kept threatening to come in the house. Luckily, his girlfriend was more sober, and talked him down, as she could see I wasn't kidding. We ended up calling the police, and he went to jail (he was living at a crack house down the way, so when the cops got there, they arrested a bunch of them, lol)....

I have no doubt I'd kill to defend myself or others, but I really hope I'm not put in that kind of position again. (at least this time, I'm usually armed with a firearm in such a case though)....

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

The heart I would think is the quickest. Ever seen how the Japanese a couple of thousand years ago or so did it when they Dishonored someone?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Am I in a different space than when I posted this?
Yes. I'm more focused on hoping for a peaceful world.
We are in trouble. Or maybe not.
Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Hearing that...it's a pretty scary place to be in when one's mind and soul reunite after the initial flurry of action AFTER the fact...

Do recall in younger years hunting wild pig along a river...and hearing a *zoooooooooo-pachooow* sound...wondering what the heck was that...then another *zoooooo-pachooow....CHOOOOOOW* as something bounced off a boulder behind me....took me a few brief seconds to process that sound was bullets whizzing past REALLY close....found out later they were being fired from a MJ grower whose plantation I was close to...

Instinctive/panic response was to immediately dive behind a log close by, pop my head up and see someone moving through the bush and up the ridge ahead of me...figured that was who was firing at me...so popped up and fired back, with my .44 Rossi 'pig-gun', racked off about 3 shots at them before I came to my senses enough to think "Whoa bro, you're actually shooting at a fellow human being!"...luckily for me they were likely shooting at me with a smallbore rifle and not accurate...and luckily for them I was firing back with a cut-down no sights pig-gun so just firing in the general direction...great up close on a pig, not so much at any form of distance...as opposed to my usual rifles I'd have...

One of the most scariest moments of my life...well...that involve MY life...yet as a Father there's always many more seemingly far scarier moments involving the wellbeing of your own children....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join