It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of Relocating My Family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm losing........, wait scratch that, I've lost faith in the dream that was the United States. I want the best possible future for my children.

First off, in the opinions of my ATS peers, how dire is the U.S. Economic situation?

Second, what countries would one recommend if someone chose to leave the states?

My consideration is unlikely to happen, but not out of the question.

All opinions and suggestions welcome, but please be polite. Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

If you're going to leave the USA, you probably need some solid job skills that are in demand. A few degrees would help too. It's not easy moving to another country, from what I've heard.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I heard Mexico is empty...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would suggest Canada, easier to go back if you ever choose to
than from an entirely different continent.
edit on 9-8-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
For a U.S. Citizen, Canada would likely be the best/easiest option. No language barrier, still close to any relatives, lots of jobs, and if the 'meltdown' is bigger than you imagined, we have the largest forests in the world to escape to.

And also we have maple flavoured bacon and ketchup chips (only get the Old Dutch brand for the chips though)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

If you're going to leave the USA, you probably need some solid job skills that are in demand. A few degrees would help too. It's not easy moving to another country, from what I've heard.

No doubt of that. I specialize in artificial lift systems for the oilfield and management. Prices are obviously way down, but some countries may have need of someone with my expertise.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sorry for asking whats your skills?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yulkalisted above.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I know a lot of people who work in Canada, I live near the border. A few of them have moved there, once you have a job there, it is much easier to move there and get duel citizenship. Doesn't have to be a very important job.

I follow a youtube channel where this younger guy moved to Japan to marry his online girlfriend. He didn't have a HS diploma, he had gone to cosmetology school. He had some self taught DJ skills. Did not speak much Japanese. It wasn't easy, but he got married there, got a job as a DJ and sometime bartender and looks like he will get to stay, they keep extending his Visa, I think it is. Will eventualy become permanent.

Lots if interesting videos on living there, the youtube channel is Cowboy in Japan. Has been changed to JRock...but Cowboy in Japan will lead to the videos.

edit on 9-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Is it hard finding a job in Japan?

Different ways to get a Visa in Japan (this is over a year ago- he's still there):

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Get yourself a working visa and come to British Columbia, there's tons of jobs even if your not ticketed, the cost of living is high but the lifestyle is awesome, its California light, great weather, warm winters for the most part.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here would be the problem, if there really was a US economic collapse coming then it would bring the entire worlds economies crashing as well. So nowhere would be good, in particular if you were a foreigner taking up a job now desperately needed by a local. That would get ugly. Not that is this very likely. The US economy is so massive it can survive just about anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Try Alberta, its little texas for oil

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Here would be the problem, if there really was a US economic collapse coming then it would bring the entire worlds economies crashing as well. So nowhere would be good, in particular if you were a foreigner taking up a job now desperately needed by a local. That would get ugly. Not that is this very likely. The US economy is so massive it can survive just about anything.

Is every country truly effected negatively by an economic fallout from the U.S.?
For example South American countries, or a country like New Zealand.

Really asking

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
you should do a little traveling first. Then narrow it down to which place fits best with your family's language skills,occupation, income etc....

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just clicked on the 'recent forum' and there was the title of this thread right at the top..possibly a sign? I'm I'm in the same boat OP,stuck InBetween shall I? Or shan't i? Atm I'm in a fairly stable locale (for numerous scenarios) I still want to move somewhere more suitable for upcoming events though? but my Mrs must have doubts as she is slightly dragging her heels-it needs to be done asap though imo.

We have a number of scenarios to look forward to and financial collapse is a bit down the page on my list,but it has to be recognized as part of the grand fall.

If I were you? I would be more concerned about how you will locate your family in a geographically safe area;well over 100 miles from the coast (at perhaps at least 1000 ft the more the better) away from all the obvious stuff volcanoes fault lines etc. Even major cities is wise.

Get your self and family some 'life straws' or similar products, they can purify most standard river water etc,does about a 1000 liters,weighs 2 ounces and cost $20. Learn how to hunt get prepared for that,perhaps arm your self? as your in the US why not? Lol.add to this list food supplies and I'm sure you can see where that's going and can most likely add the rest?

The time to act is now,I would also say to anyone get educated on Planet X/Nibiru Zetatalk safe locations is a start and be also prepared for the 23rd of September time who knows where that's going? I wouldn't take chances.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I heard Mexico is empty...

Hahahahaha! I needed a good laugh! Thanks!

I agree with most of the posters and would say Canada.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I suggest Norway. Beautyful coutry and an oil industry

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Finland has an excellent human rights record, but it's so far North. France has amazing public services and great food, but would be susceptible to any European fall out. You could retire early if you chose Belize or Costa Rica, but their neighboring countries can be pretty medieval. Australia's economy isn't doing so hot, but from what I know of its awesome population, they can survive anything and have fun doing it. New Zealand?

That's my list.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I will consider Canada, but I just assumed the U.S. and Canadian economies were very closely tied. Maybe not, I don't know. It's hard to see how they couldn't be.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If you are willing to teach English in a foreign country South Korea pays pretty damn well...I think Taiwan does too as well as China. For less pay and maybe more opportunities Id check about anywhere else...Teaching English is big business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join