It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has been occurring more frequently

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So I've been experiencing something that has actually happened a lot in my lifetime, but it seems to be increasing in frequency. I'm sure this has happened to quite a few others but I'm curious of why? It's a 2-parter.
Firstly, for example,I have have quite a few experiences where I will be thinking of something out of the blue and then it will pop up in my daily life. I had two examples in the last two days. First off, when I was driving to work yesterday I heard a song. I haven't heard this song in years, it was a 90's song. Well I got home last evening (and my husband and I are currently on the fourth season of a show on Netflix)and on that TV show it plays that song that I had heard after years yesterday . On Sunday, I was thinking of one of my good friends that I used to be really close to but haven't talk to for a while, I was thinking about how I needed to reach out to her. A little bit later in the day, she sends me a message out of the blue. When I was 10 years old, my father was in a nursing home. Well one Friday I told my mom that I want to see my father that weekend, and the next morning I wake up and he had passed away.
This thing sort of happens a lot with my 2nd husband and I. From the beginning of our relationship there was a lot of similarities that were very strange,coincidence if you want to say. From something as small as the fact that our ZIP Codes had the exact same numbers (and to give you a little background I moved 2000 miles across the country to be with him, so we were on completely different sides of the country). Then myself and his mother were born on the same day. We had so many of the same life experiences and we just immediately connected. I haven't really thought that much into all of the others weird similarities lately but I swear it seems like he is almost reading my mind or something. Of course he knows when something is bothering me, and all of that serious stuff but I'm not even talking about that. He seems to know even the littlest of things. Sunday we were at the grocery store, and I eat sausage and eggs every single morning, when we got to the store and we were passing the aisle I started thinking that maybe I wanted bacon this time. I didn't say anything, I hadn't even thought about it until we were walking down the aisle and the next thing I know my husband asked me if I want to get bacon this time! Last night, we were laying on the couch watching that same Netflix show and I am thinking that I'm thirsty and I need to get up and get a drink, and the next thing I know about 10 seconds later he asked me if I wanted a drink? So you see, it is the serious things, but it's little minuscule things that don't even matter.
This all seems so small I understand but since it happens all the time, I started noticing. And I could give thousands of examples, but it's just interesting and quite frankly creepy at times. I experience it with a lot of different people, but it tends to be really strong with my husband and one of my daughters. I even posted a story a few years back about the connection that we have. Any experiences?
edit on 4-8-2015 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

And I could give thousands of examples, but it's just interesting and quite frankly creepy at times. Any experiences?

Being given signs on the road of life is a precious gift. Don't fret, this is a good thing. Cherish it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

A man is but the product of his thoughts - what he thinks, he becomes.
Mahatma Gandhi

As easy as it is to state that all these are coincidences, i do think the power of the mind is an incredible asset we have chose to discourage in the western modern world.

whether we make small subconscious decisions which alter our situation or others around us?

i myself have had many 'weird' moments; last week i bumped into 4 old classmates in a restaurant, all of us had no idea each other was going to be there and we were all amazed how 'coincidental' it was!
and maybe that's all these are...or is it more?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You are not alone - the same exact scenarios have happened to me. Songs I haven't heard in over a decade come up on the radio, and then in a movie (or the title of the song is repeated somewhere that same day), I think of a friend I haven't spoken to in many many years, and then out of the blue get an email/phone call from them.

For me, these "coincidences" or situations usually surround a specific word or theme like "storm clouds"

I do often wonder if there is something more to it - the law of attraction? "Mind over matter", "if you believe it, you can see it" ?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Perhaps the world according to CG Jung is more intune with reality than we know.

psychology.about.com...

Synchronicity is so strange. Is it the cosmic joke or a way of sending messages or both?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This happens to me and my wife all the time.
We talk about a movie and then we see its on the tv like the next day.
Or we talk about somebody from high school "25 years ago" and see them in a store or the obituaries in the paper.
This happens enough that we joke about guessing the lottery numbers..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences with my wife, except at one point we didn't have to even speak to each other of what the other wanted. At one point it got so creepy to the point to where we both felt like we in each others head, we would constantly barrage each other with questions of what the other was thinking. Not one time was she wrong at what I was thinking, even tried to throw her for a loop thinking of random madness and she still got it right. Me on the other hand got it right 9 out of 10 times. This lasted for months until we said f*** it, we both knew but didn't understand how. I like to think everyone is connected like a spiders web, the closer you are to the person (whether you know it or not) the stronger the vibration is when felt.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Quite common. Its synchronicity. Think of a song, then it comes on. Or be thinking of someone not heard from in a long time, and then the phone rings from that very person.

Not all that unusual...n worries!
edit on 4-8-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've always believed that signs are all around us. It's just very rare for me that I can see them.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Great points,perhaps I do have a powerful mind. I too strongly believe in signs and since I have gotten my life straightened out it has been happening more often. I like the idea of the inner connectedness as well,it makes you wonder why some people experience (or notice) this events occurring and some really don't.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

More importantly, just thinks how many "signs" and pre cognitive "warnings" we just never picked up on?!

I think sometimes....they are just stronger than at other times...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Synchronicity and signs that you are on the right path. That is my belief at least. I, too, think of things and my husband and kids end up repeating it instantly or doing what I thought. My husband finds it pretty annoying like I'm mentally telling him what to do. LOL

I am a very vivid dreamer and usually have my dreams repeat in waking life.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The older I get, the more I come to realize that Jung might have been on to something...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's called synchronicity, or high novelty. Let's see if I can find an explanation of novelty and habit...

Novelty theory is a pseudoscientific idea[10][11] that purports to predict the ebb and flow of novelty in the universe as an inherent quality of time. Proposing that time is not a constant but has various qualities tending toward either "habit" or "novelty".[5] Habit, in this context, can be thought of as entropic, repetitious, or conservative; and novelty as creative, disjunctive, or progressive phenomena.[8] McKenna's idea was that the universe is an engine designed for the production and conservation of novelty and that as novelty increases, so does complexity. With each level of complexity achieved becoming the platform for a further ascent into complexity.[8]

Wikipedia

Habit and novelty replace "freedom" and "law" in society.

Habit embeds you more into the natural world. It basically says that sometimes interesting things happen and you are lucky to have them happen to you.

Native people understand habit and novelty, as they're part of the ebb and flow of the natural world. Days go by in in a predictable rhythm (habit) -- and sometimes something unique emerges (novelty).

As a footnote, the I Ching is pretty interesting ... Carl Jung worked with it and found it pretty interesting in his work with the collective unconscious.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I know that feel bro/sis!! My SO and I have lived together almost 2 years now, and it seems that each passing month brings more of these shared occurrences. Mind reading and what not. My SO (microbiology major, extremely scientifically minded) debunks my excitement with "the human brain is so much more powerful than we give it credit. When these things happen, it's your subconscious mind picking up on various body language/social cues, then deducing meaning from there."

while I think there is most certainly credibility to her theories, sometimes it's too much to chalk up to "man brain smart, man brain calculate what other man brain think"

Man brain smart. I agree. But still, we've all had that "DUDE WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?" moment. I enjoy the novelty/habit theory. Cool stuff

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What was the name of the song? Maybe whatever the song was about could be an indication of why you heard it twice out of the blue.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tattooedlunchlady

You're never going to believe me, but it was actually Ace of base "Signs". Seriously.lol

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have always been intrigued by Carl Jung and that theory makes sense. These stories are all fascinating to me, and it could be that some people just notice and are more open to this idea.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Imagine that! Very interesting!

new topics

top topics

join