It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This girl reads while blindfolded using her 'third eye' :P

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i am using the origional source headline :

source

the TL : DR synopsis is :

a young lady has impressed an audience by " reading with her 3rd eye " while blindfolded .

this may look impressive - but FFS this is the 21st century

and the first thing i would have done is swap the blindfold for one provided by skeptics

as a skeptic site notes :

source

not impressed .

i had hopes that new zealand had a higher standard of education and scientific literacy than shown here - but hey - maybe the audience was picked for gullability

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

So she's sitting on the book? ........ BAH DUN DUH!

Our minds eye is pretty amazing and weird, I can only hope I'm alive someday when we truly understand it. Call me skeptical on this little example but for sure it's got some neat abilities.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
3rd Eye my foot, she obviously has X-Ray Vision.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Unless it can be replicated under strict scientific conditions (which of course all these participants will refuse to do) then it should be treated with the disdain it deserves as a money-making con being perpetrated against idiots.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What amazes me most, are the moronic comments below the article. Here we have a most interesting phenomena, reproduced, and without apparent fraud - which should give really push to study this further. But then, the mongoloid neanderthals come with comments about black magic, devils, randi, trixers of all sorts, etc ... This really puts me off, since thse ass-wipers really reduce the issue to zero, and serious studies are shining with absence. Think about it - if we can really emphasize this phenomena, what that could do for blind people, and their quality of life. There are real opportunities, but only after hard core work.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My third eye is down south.

It's brown.

Unsurprisingly, it occasionally emits the very same smell I detect from this "visionary".

How odd. Maybe we're related.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I've seen through things before.. You can definitely do it. I even had 360 degree vision one time.
You know the first time I did it, I was meditating and didn't mean it to happen. I thought I had opened my eyes as I was looking around my room, but then, I opened my eyes.

I can't testify to your op or the people in it, but I do know it's possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What eye or vision are you using when seeing within the dream?

If you shut your thoughts off, and start to imagine and create within your mind, what vision are you using to see such?

Ever dream? Ever have a vision? Ever lucid dream or Astral project? Remote view?

What vision were you using if so?

Sure as heck wasn't your eyeballs that are limited to only the 7 colour spectrum mix, of the external reality. Which means everything being experienced through 5 sense OUTSIDE of the body.

Get it now? Third eye, mind eye... that thing on the pyramid of American bills. ..

Another example imagination = image nation = the space one creates images in their mind - what vision is being used to witness the imagination?

It's not a mystery to those who are natural in thought and balanced internally.

Only to skeptics who live in society and believe only what they experience with 5 senses.

Have fun with that

edit on 30-7-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Yes. To paraphrase a poem, most daren't look at the stars, but belch instead.

But it's okay. The truth cannot be suppressed by mockery and small-mindedness.
And if this girl turns out to be a fraud, then that truth will come out as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Using a see-through blindfold is one of the oldest tricks in the book... Good find, this is clearly designed to appeal to people's confirmation biases.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

i have met one of these charlatans - the act seemed impressive - but a pair of british army drivers goggles and a roll of duck tape killed the " act "

apparently - he was ` overcome by negative vibes ` - funny how that works

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
What eye or vision are you using when seeing within the dream?

If you shut your thoughts off, and start to imagine and create within your mind, what vision are you using to see such?

Ever dream? Ever have a vision? Ever lucid dream or Astral project? Remote view?

What vision were you using if so?

Another example imagination = image nation = the space one creates images in their mind - what vision is being used to witness the imagination?

I think you're putting Descartes before the horse. And the word is from the Latin word "imago", not image+nation.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I reserve the right to steal your line.

"Putting Descartes before the horse"

There is now coffee on my computer monitor.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree. I don't know the name of the study but it was completed in the 90s. It concerned the parts of the brain that light up when looking at something. A blind sublect (from birth) was given the test along with sighted and partially sighted people. It concluded with the fact that three parts of the brain are used in sight. Only 1 connected to the eyes. Even the blind person when shown, had the 2 parts of her brain begin to function without the eyes working. There is a lot more to sight than we see.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is funny how often the people who are "skeptical" about all things paranormal, seem the first to accept "official stories" on the JFK assassination, 9/11, etc.. Suddenly, their skepticism vanishes. And then it magically reappears when it comes to criticizing so-called "conspiracy theories".

The OP may be discussing a genuine charlatan. But this is low hanging fruit.

It's like suggesting there are no such thing as weightlifters because you found a carnival strongman who used fake dumbbells.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To quote Tesla:

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

When we start to really examine synchronicity and all souls reach energized creative stage where people like Nikola Tesla flourish humanity will become very interesting.

Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world

“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.”

Telepathy is possible. You just need the right sender and receiver that is calibrated perfectly. Finding the right receiver is hard.
edit on 30-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

What amazes me most, are the moronic comments below the article. Here we have a most interesting phenomena, reproduced, and without apparent fraud - which should give really push to study this further. But then, the mongoloid neanderthals come with comments about black magic, devils, randi, trixers of all sorts, etc ... This really puts me off, since thse ass-wipers really reduce the issue to zero, and serious studies are shining with absence. Think about it - if we can really emphasize this phenomena, what that could do for blind people, and their quality of life. There are real opportunities, but only after hard core work.

I saw the post was amazed, starred and flagged and made a dumb joke. I think you should lighten up a bit and just post your oh so important response and let the other "garbage" just go, ignore it.Too many getting too upset these days over trying to straighten somebody out to be like themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Only to skeptics who live in society and believe only what they experience with 5 senses.

I laughed out loud at this comment.

Such a 20th century comment.

We have dozens of senses, none mystical or magical.

Please rejoin us in the 21st century when you're ready to catch up

edit on 30/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Ah yes, blanket labelling to appeal to the crowd.

Well done old chap, well done, lap up those bias confirming stars!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
To quote Tesla:

"I don't believe there is an ionosphere"

"Atomic power is absurd"

"I like shooting x-rays into my head"

"I feed a dove that has white light beams coming out of its eyes"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join