It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can TPTB possibly do to keep this global economic game going for at least another 30 years?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok fellas, I ask myself well for a long time already we been hearing about the coming economic collapse and maybe it will come or not but my question for all the folks on this forum who are well schooled and versed in economics is can this system keep on going for say the next 30 years?

Or its basically impossible because for one the USA has like 18 trillion dollars worth of dept?

I know these type of things are hard to predict but I do feel like you can at least say something like "by 2030 we are screwed and no way no how the USA will get away with their dept."

I'm just curious for the people that believe this collapse is inevitable should it not happen in the next 20 to 30 years what shenanigans did the TPTB pull out of their ass that made the "inevitable" collapse....well not happen should it not happen?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Or its basically impossible because for one the USA has like 18 trillion dollars worth of dept?

In (very) simple terms: the mortgage on my home is rather large, yet I can meet the payments and while doing so the value of my home increases (because I chose wisely). The bank from which I took that mortgage has good reason to think that I will continue to make payments on it. They are, in effect, co-investors.

Now, do you know what the national debt consists of? Do you know how that debt is dealt with? Do you know who our "co-investors" are?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: aiolosmartine

I think the western world economic system died in 2007 but has been on life support ever since. I think the next big collapse will happen sometime before or in Sept 2015 or at least by Oct 2015. Too many countries are done with the petro dollar.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The filth we have as leaders will keep making it harder for "we the people" (all of their constituents) by making themselves harder to get rid of, even when they commit felonies in treason and then laugh when they are accused as if they are above all and immune to the law.

They made it a felony to even openly confront them by calling it "intimidating any high official"

150 years ago when they really won, was when they made Duels to the death illegal. That is when they stopped worrying brought on by the guilt of their actions against America.

It is never going to get better until everything is ruined by obliteration, pending some miracle

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I expect by 2020 things will fall apart.

That is, if the Sept / Oct time-lines I hear about do not come to pass.

Perhaps it'll be November 2015, as supposedly that is when the IMF/BIS etc get together to discuss world reserve currency breadbasket standings.

Ultimately, everything could go south at a moments notice. I will stand by my "No later than the end of 2020" tho. (Thanks for pointing out my typo, Phage.. )

edit on C15174205 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

"No later than the end of 20202"

Eighteen thousand years then.
I'll mark it on my calendar.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In (very) simple terms: the mortgage on my home is rather large, yet I can meet the payments and while doing so the value of my home increases (because I chose wisely). The bank from which I took that mortgage has good reason to think that I will continue to make payments on it. They are, in effect, co-investors.

Now, do you know what the national debt consists of? Do you know how that debt is dealt with? Do you know who our "co-investors" are?

Fiat currencies.....Fail. Faith is a tricky thing to keep rolling decade after decade and eventually it will wear off. Inflation is the real enemy of the people and it just keeps ticking along....year after year.

I see some very troubling signs......10 year car loans........Government taking over student debt......Government buying mortgage securities.......Rising food prices........Renting prices.........Health care prices.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

"No later than the end of 20202"

Eighteen thousand years then.
I'll mark it on my calendar.

touché, Phage, touché..

Thanks for pointing out my typo..

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Guys this whole September 2015 is really hyped and in my experience for the most part whenever specific dates or close to that are given they TYPICALLY dont happen.

I dont remember Septermber 2008 being really hyped around here and then BOOM that whole crash happened so I wonder whether this whole September 2015 date is legit.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If you are talking about a major economic collapse as opposed to another recession the the government debt is not by itself a major factor. The US has an almost infinite ability to accumulate debt and despite much of the scaremongering the current debt position isn't that bad.
The government debt only becomes a problem if there is a significant shock to the system from some other factor.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

That is what people don't seem to understand

You are supposed to have low debt or no debt PRECISELY so that when other factors happen you can deal with it

You are not supposed to be on the verge of collapse so that anything can take you out

Ah common sense, so rare nowadays

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

It will all be over soon

5 years max

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: justQ

You are supposed to have low debt or no debt PRECISELY so that when other factors happen you can deal with it
False. It depends upon what that debt is based upon. Unsecured debt, bad. Secured debt...another story.

edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Tell me...the bank may have faith in you making repayments ...what happens when your co-investors lose their faith in you because of others and other bad decisions made ...just curiously ?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

what happens when your co-investors lose their faith in you because of others and other bad decisions made ...just curiously ?

As long as I make the payments, they don't have much choice but to continue to take them. That's what contracts are about.

edit on 7/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

what happens when your co-investors lose their faith in you because of others and other bad decisions made ...just curiously ?

As long as I make the payments, they don't have much choice but to continue to take them. That's what contracts are about.

Unless of course said business goes under ......you may be honoring the contract what if those around do not >?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: justQ
a reply to: ScepticScot

That is what people don't seem to understand

You are not supposed to be on the verge of collapse so that anything can take you out

Ah common sense, so rare nowadays

The first thing you would need to define then is what is low debt.
Government borrowing provides a number of important functions in the economy both in terms of infrastructure and managing the economic cycle. It would be hugely counter productive to not borrow just in case of a hypothetical crisis that may happen. Countries with a strong economy and higher debt are better placed to deal with economic problems than countries with a weak economy and lower debt.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Unless of course said business goes under

Free house?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The figure that represents the national debt ($18) doesn't mean anything by itself, it's not the relative value.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

False. It depends upon what that debt is based upon. Unsecured debt, bad. Secured debt...another story.

You have no idea what you are talking about

Most of the US debt for example is owed to Federal Reserve and not other countries like China

I guess you would argue that is good debt

Lol

You can't be a businessman that's for sure

Interest payments are due and better have the money

Any kind of debt is bad debt if it becomes unpayable

That so hard to comprehend ?
edit on 29-7-2015 by justQ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join