It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Used Instant Messaging System to Hide Internal Communications

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well we always suspected the IRS had found another way to hide the agenda.

Now it looks like they use(d) instant messaging to circumvent those exposing emails !!

And the system apparently had a "self deleting" feature as well !!

And no "archive" backup system either !!

Astounding

IRS Used Instant Messaging System to Hide Internal Communications

The IRS used a “wholly separate” instant messaging system that automatically deleted office communications, according to documentation released by the House Oversight Committee on Monday. The system appears to have been purposefully used by agency officials responsible for the targeting of conservative non-profits, in order to evade public scrutiny.

The system, known as “Office Communication Server” or OCS was used by IRS officials, including many in the Exempt Organizations (EO) Unit, which was headed by Lois Lerner.

As the Oversight Committee report states, the instant messaging system did not archive any communications, so it is not possible to know what employees of the EO unit discussed on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So they are doing a bunch of illegal poop?

No surprise... Tell them to join the rest of America. Since we've all decided to make our lives so hard on one another there's no way to get through this life in this country without breaking the law one way or another or getting incredibly lucky.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So they are doing a bunch of illegal poop?

I plead the 5th!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It's a shame the NSA doesn't have copies of all of those communications.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Typical...

The system appears to have been purposefully used by agency officials responsible for the targeting of conservative non-profits, in order to evade public scrutiny.

All speculation and zero substance.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I bet they do !!

They are waiting for the highest bidder to come forward.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Sounds like a logical reason excuse for failure.

easy street ain't so easy anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: greencmp

I bet they do !!

They are waiting for the highest bidder to come forward.

In my amateur opinion, this is the curtain call for the ice queen.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Conspiracies *ARE* damning aren't they.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
IRS agents should be free to have frank discussions among themselves, talk about avoidance methods, and verify evidence concerning tax cheats?..........this is real simple, don't try and cheat on taxes...if you do, I don't give a damn what happens to you.....these political groups were trying to cheat on their taxes, and the IRS found out.....screw em
edit on 28-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
IRS agents should be free to have frank discussions among themselves, talk about avoidance methods, and verify evidence concerning tax cheats?..........this is real simple, don't try and cheat on taxes...if you do, I don't give a damn what happens to you.....these political groups were trying to cheat on their taxes, and the IRS found out.....screw em

We can never excuse an abuse of power by a branch or department of government.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yup.

Big Government is the only way to freedom.

Bunch of jealous seahorses the IRS is.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Typical...

The system appears to have been purposefully used by agency officials responsible for the targeting of conservative non-profits, in order to evade public scrutiny.

All speculation and zero substance.

has that ever stopped right-wingers?.....for instance...hasn't jade helm troops taken over Texas yet?.....hasn't Obama taken away all the guns yet?.....hasn't Obama arrested all the right-wing militias and put them in FEMA camps yet?.....Hasn't Obama turned America into a Muslim nation yet?........I could go on, but there are so many threads here.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Do they take minutes of all their conversations? I wonder what, by law, has to be recorded and what doesn't.

For instance, if a person is assigned an audit or asked to gather info, it that request required to be recorded for possible review at a later time?
edit on 7/28/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of Microsoft Lync?

It's probably something like that, with the option to NOT save the conversation.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bunch of jealous seahorses the IRS is.

Yeah, because the employees of the IRS get to keep all of that money...SMH.

Those people put their pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us. They go and do an absolutely thankless job 5 days a week; 52 weeks a year. But ,hey, let's bag on them for trying to make a living...doing exactly what they are paid to do.

To quote John Bender:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Exactly. I seriously doubt your rank-and-file IRS employee has an evil mastermind chair (the high backed one that swivels) and laughs maniacally as they plot to screw over Americans, relishing how EVIL they are.

They're just people working a job to feed themselves and their family. They do what they're told and don't always see the bigger picture or understand why they are doing what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Great.

You love the big government too !!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The average IRS employees all Haaff therrr ordazz.

They have a choice or they have no paycheck.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Exactly. I seriously doubt your rank-and-file IRS employee has an evil mastermind chair (the high backed one that swivels) and laughs maniacally as they plot to screw over Americans, relishing how EVIL they are.

They're just people working a job to feed themselves and their family. They do what they're told and don't always see the bigger picture or understand why they are doing what they are doing.

Have you ever been to a registry of motor vehicles?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join