It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious letters target Oregon sheriffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

More than half of Oregon’s county sheriffs may have received suspicious letters in the mail and at least one sheriff was hospitalized for observation after being exposed to a potentially toxic substance, sources said on Monday.

The Oregon State Police is investigating but had released few details as of Monday evening, saying only that “multiple government offices around the state received suspicious mail, some with an unknown substance” and that hazardous materials teams had been dispatched to deal with the possible toxins.

There were no reports of suspicious parcels in the mid-valley, but a spokesman for the Association of Oregon Counties said Monday that the situation appeared to have affected more than half of Oregon’s 36 counties.

Suspicious letters target Oregon sheriffs

Another story that is breaking. I figured this would be getting more play than it has given that at least 17 counties are reporting receiving something and at least one person has been hospitalized. We'll see how this plays out.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I suppose it was only a matter of time 'til some jackhole did something like this...

The world is a dark, dark place sometimes...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Losonczy

My spidey-sense tells me America has been surreptitiously infiltrated and that covert attacks are taking place. ISIS perhaps, or something else. What of this story of this guy who had all those weapons and ammo stocked up - supposedly an alien hybrid. That could have just been mafia type stuff. But either way, I still have the feeling there are imminent threats to American cities - including police and other government agencies.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
any major robberies happen when all these police stations got these packages? if its not some whacko or terror whatnot could it be some one causing a distraction to cops to pull a job?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here is a post with a picture of one of the packages. Not much more news on this. I presume no one else has succumbed to the packages or we'd be hearing more. Interesting return address: "Shock Wave, Centrail, 97310 and the word "Women" written above the recipient line.
www.cbsnews.com...

Here is another item with an update.

cpacker.org.../pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/07/suspicious_letters_targeting_o.html

top topics

join