It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty Ideas.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
*Didn't seem to be any specific forum for the premise I'm going with, Political Ideology will have to do.*

So worldwide, there are a myriad of methods of execution...

Lethal Injection, Hanging, Firing Squad, Beheading, Building Throwing, Gas Chambers, Electrocution & Stoning are all the most common euthanising procedures.

What would be your chosen choice for heinous or treasonous crimes committed.

I'm basing this premise on having a 100% certainty that the criminal has committed the crime, confessions, DNA, caught red handed etc

I don't really want a debate on whether "innocent people could be killed"...
This is hypothetical and based on that 100% certainty.

So personally, I think drawn & quartering is just as humane surely.
I also think that disembowlment should be a consideration.

Please stay within T&Cs...
eg I don't want graphic details as to your chosen methods.

Just examples and civil debate, please.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Meh! Just kill everybody who believes in the death penalty!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd go with the French and the guillotine. Quick and painless.

For pain I'd choose the Brazen Bull. Thats was a bastard of a way to die.

edit on 22/7/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Having a morbid fantasy day today Charlie?

I call for impaling it's slow painful and if that doesn't scare people straight nothing will.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think they should allow an extreme, long drawn out torture plan for people like Holmes and Roof, you know that group that everyone is 100 percent convinced they did it.

Maybe that would deter these lone wolf extremists from doing what they do, knowing that they are going to have to endure that, maybe they would think twice about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

A classic.

Surprised it's not used more often, much more humane than some of the list.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about an eye for an eye. Kill them they way they killed their victim.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Maybe, but I was more in a daydream thinking about crime fitting the punishment...

If a person is stoned for adultery (they shouldn't be) and also for murder it doesn't seem fitting imo.

So that was my main thought process, but there may have been a morbid element.

Impaling is an old one, but again, no less humane than current practices.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Meh! Just kill everybody who believes in the death penalty!

How quaint.

You may enjoy tax payer money being spent on accommodating and feeding notorious child murderers but I'd rather they were put to sleep.
edit on 22-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The problem with this society or Humans in general is killing one another, whether it be wars, murder or execution. Killing is wrong on every level, even executions. People who do kill on purpose (murder) should be locked up for the rest of their lives. Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
.45 ACP to the forehead immediately after the sentence is handed down. A quick wash down of the chair and not much public expense; if of course the guidelines you have specified are upheld regarding types of crime & Evidence of guilt.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As-selamu Alaykum Chuck-

Idea #1) Pay-Per-View and a Lottery to charge $150.00/chance. Families of any victim can get a free 'draw'. The Guilty get a chance at "Freedom" this is a 215 yd. Gauntlet that they have to negotiate. The 'Shooters' are provided .243 long guns with scopes. There are 4- 12 minute quarters with commercials running between quarters.
The Field is broke down with different pieces of "cover/concealment" The Guilty have to go from one end to the other dodging the bullets..
The Families of the Victims get to share the revenue with the broadcasting company at a rate of 70%/20%/10%. The 70% goes to Crime Victims. 20% goes to the broadcasters and 10% goes to Gov't.

Idea #2) The Guilty are loaded on a C-130 and dropped off in War Zones. If they make it out of the "war" they are FREE. If they come back to the Country of the crime they committed, then the sentence is then carried out. These folks will take the place of the soldiers that currently occupy "Foreign Lands" i.e. A Frenchman takes the place of a French soldier and the soldier is then back to France.
This will eliminate any "Foreign Intervention" Because the Guilty are "de-Nationalized" and they become a "World Citizen"..

Geez, Chuck how much $$$ have We saved here??

namaste

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm basing this premise on having a 100% certainty that the criminal has committed the crime, confessions, DNA, caught red handed etc

I agree with this 100%. Why should tax payers have to foot the bill to keep these cold blooded murderers alive for the rest of their miserable lives? If the evidence is overwhelming and the person committed the murder, than they should be given the death penalty with no chance for appeals. If they had no respect for human life, they shouldn't be given a chance to live when they shortened someone else's life and caused a life of heartache for a family.

Dying by lethal injection is a much humanizing death than what a lot of fear and excruciating pain their victims had to go through.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
pushed off a cliff. cheap, simple and 100% effective

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do unto others as you would do unto them. In a nutshell, somewhat of a reverse, I'm all for the crime being committed, is the "penalty" you shall receive.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Love it Jim, reminded me of the basketball scene in Escape From LA when Snake Plissken has to score ten points for his freedom.

I could totally see a justice system like idea number 1 in Japan, given their game shows.

Salam my friend.
edit on 22-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A bullet or two to the heart should do it.

I'm all for quick and easy - anything more gruesome might cause a public outcry and then you can't get away with having a death penalty at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's not necessarily true that death penalty cases are cheaper than non-death penalty cases. So if you're thinking about the the cost to the tax payer the most desirable format would be an execution without trial or any legal proceedings.

I did always like The Running Man though.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
I'd go with the French and the guillotine. Quick and painless.

For pain I'd choose the Brazen Bull. Thats was a bastard of a way to die.

The bull is bad but it's nothing compared to Scaphism. The thought of it is enough to give someone nightmares.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think Charlie Daniels kind of summed this one up for certain crimes (rapists , murderers , and child abuse)
"Just take them rascals out in the swamp , put em on their knees and tie em to a stump......"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join