It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cincinnati Campus Cop Kills Unarmed Black Man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Not only is 13 kids a bewildering number -

As for Dubose, he has been arrested 75 times in the last 20 years, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

I don't think Otis on Andy Griffith could beat that record.
How was this guy not in jail where at least he wouldn't get shot?
I can't get past 13 and 75 to wonder anything else about the story.
smh

Holy hell!

With all his time spent getting arrested, how'd he have time to father 13 kids?

That is one busy scumbag.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Who the eff is training these cops? I am, and always have been VERY pro-cop but this is getting ridiculous. I wasn't there (obviously) but reading the report I just can't see any scenario that required this guy to be killed.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And we rush to judge yet again, despite it being made clear in the OP, and in the press conference, there's not one but two videos of the incident that haven't been released yet. So far no indication that they won't release them, just that they're holding off on it. Already on record saying there's two videos, so it'll be kinda hard at this point to say something happened to the videos and have it stick.

Not that those will exonerate either the officer or deceased, depending on which side of the aisle one sits on. And those waiting on the not one but two videos will catch flak for not picking a side fast enough.

Simply amazing.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hate doesn't require thought. In fact, hate prefers to inhabit a host that does not think for themselves and only reacts and follows the crowd.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Ya he wasn't worth the air he was breathing right, who cares if he was killed.

He deserved to pay for his crime, not sure death was the payment.

Guess we will see when the videos come out.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

As for Dubose, he has been arrested 75 times in the last 20 years, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

smh

This is the kind of person some really want to defend in this thread?

WTF?

A criminal acting like a criminal gets treated like a criminal and dies because of his own criminal choices.

Good riddance.

In the civilized world we don't summary execute people for ridiculous things like this.

Treating him like a criminal would be "arresting" him for TRIAL.

Shooting them in the head is treating them like a dangerous murderer.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Every police shooting thread ATS hides the reply button.

The bar is set way too low for police to use deadly force. If the man was driving away, how is he a threat to you. If the person was wanted murder, i could see opening fire on them if the person was getting away.
We need to change how police are trained in the US. We need to copy how UK trains it's police force. In the US were more likely to die from being shot by the police than we are from a terrorist.

We don't "HATE" the police, we just can't stand seeing almost daily police shooting unarmed people.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah amazing that when people say they don't feel that a man deserves to be shot in the head for a minor transgression of driving away, which happens thousands of times a day across the globe, it is a clear sign that people "HATE" the police.

I challenge you to quote one post in this thread that is hate filled!

Ask and ye shall receive. See "Answer's" post two down from yours, and I quote:

"Holy hell!

With all his time spent getting arrested, how'd he have time to father 13 kids?

That is one busy scumbag."

-Answer

Just beautiful.

It's likely that the killer had access to the same data that we now know of, and which data "Answer" has melded into a value judgement justification, for assassination. The perp was probably on his way to a sex party, and to spread joy juice, and no doubt, disease, while swilling booze. A scumbag, see? Yeah, you have the answer. You know everything.

Try to not be shy, Answer. I'm guessing that you even have the killer's alibi. It's pretty obvious that the guy's hard-on, his huge black dick, looked like a gun, see, and he was probably reaching for it, trying to conceal his business. It's as if 'Answer' were seated in the car right next to him, telling the cop all about this scumbag.

Cop to Answer: He's driving away! What do I do? Should I wait for him at the Welfare Office?

Answer to Cop: Just shoot him. He never buys condoms. The last time he used a condom was December 1, 2001, and they were, in fact, stolen, though he was not apprehended. Space Command detected that the package was unsealed in the parking lot of the Dexter Lake Club, and three of the condoms were deposited near a sorority house. The only things he ever pays for are pot, and booze. You want the streets to be clean and safe, yes? Is not this what you're sworn to do? Didn't you see that bulge he was hiding?

Cop: You mean he's armed?

Answer: In a manner of speaking, and I would not hesitate to find out. Didn't you see my avatar? It means I'm wise. He is drinking, and operating a motor vehicle. That would mean once he's got away, that your life is in danger. I am concerned about your line of questioning. Don't you trust my research? Would you prefer a desk beat?

# 480

edit on 21-7-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Another murder of an unarmed man by the police.

Another thread where people are cheering his death.

Shame...

**walks away from this back slapping session**

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Cop should've shot the tires out, or caught up to him and did a pit maneuver. You know, alternatives to shooting suspects in the head?
edit on 21-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Fyi
Utter BS...you dont have to display a front plate in the state of Ohio.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The initial pulling over is baloney...front plates are not required in Ohio...so they need to come up with a better reason for pulling him over in the 1st place.

So there may be some fault here

a reply to: Shamrock6

edit on 21-7-2015 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Father of 13?

Not to be cruel here, but maybe this was mother natures way of stopping him from having more kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

smh

WTF?

A criminal acting like a criminal gets treated like a criminal and dies because of his own criminal choices.

Good riddance.

I can't go that far.
Getting shot in the head for a traffic violation is not a valid excuse unless something else happened we're not being told.
I'm just astounded by the number of arrests and children this man has.
Where did he find the time to father all those kids if he was constantly having run-ins with the law?
The only offenses they listed were weed possession, distribution (for which he did prison time) public intoxication - nothing violent or even anti-social.
Judging his character is an overstep imo even though his arrest record would seem to indicate being a career criminal.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Exactly...

People will say this man was a threat and the police had to defend himself, but shooting an unnarmed man in the head as he drives away is not self defense no matter which way they try and spin it.

Straight from the horse's (Pig's)? mouth:

Authorities say a struggle ensued when Dubose refused to exit the vehicle. He was shot moments after trying to speed off, and the car rolled for a block before stopping. Dubose was pronounced dead at the scene, Goodrich said.

So if this played out such as the authorities suggest, the shots were fired after the alleged struggle while he was driving away.

Even the police admit this.

He was no longer a threat yet he was executed.

I can't believe that people are trying to justify this...

Actually yes I do believe it, too many people embrace their enslavement.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Fyi
Utter BS...you dont have to display a front plate in the state of Ohio.

But I'm guessing you do need a valid drivers license.

they have determined Dubose was unable to produce a driver’s license

News Report

Goodrich said Monday Dubose was without a driver's license and had an open bottle of alcohol in his vehicle

News Source

The criminal case history of Dubose is replete with arrests for driving without a license, unauthorized plates and driving with a suspended license

News Source

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It was required as of July 1st, and the bill to change that shows that it's still pending legislation.

Was it passed already?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

You forgot to add (or intentionally omitted) this little tidbit about the officer being knocked down as the car moved away....and to link to your source for that quote as well.

Cincinnati police say body cam video shows there was a struggle at the car door between the officer and Dubose. Police say the officer was knocked to the ground as the car moved off the curb. As for when the shot occurred, Lt. Col. James Whalen of Cincinnati police responded, "Very quickly, as the car started to move and before the officer fell to the ground." When asked if Officer Tensing had reached into the car at any point during the struggle, Whalen said "I don't have clarity on that yet. I'm waiting to enhance this video to get a better answer to that."

News Source

edit on 7/21/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: Echo007

Exactly...

People will say this man was a threat and the police had to defend himself, but shooting an unnarmed man in the head as he drives away is not self defense no matter which way they try and spin it.

Straight from the horse's (Pig's)? mouth:

Authorities say a struggle ensued when Dubose refused to exit the vehicle. He was shot moments after trying to speed off, and the car rolled for a block before stopping. Dubose was pronounced dead at the scene, Goodrich said.

So if this played out such as the authorities suggest, the shots were fired after the alleged struggle while he was driving away.

Even the police admit this.

He was no longer a threat yet he was executed.

I can't believe that people are trying to justify this...

Actually yes I do believe it, too many people embrace their enslavement.

Hmm I don't know this States' Laws on the matter but in some places it is illegal for an officer to shoot at a moving car because of the dangers it poses to the public...

Makes their story even more unreliable.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

smh

WTF?

Good riddance.

In the civilized world we don't summary execute people for ridiculous things like this.

Treating him like a criminal would be "arresting" him for TRIAL.

Shooting them in the head is treating them like a dangerous murderer.

A civilized person in a civilized world does not get arrested 75 times and father 13 kids.

He made the decision that he wasn't worth the air he was breathing when he scuffled with a cop and attempted to escape, instead of being civilized and appealing his charges if he thought he was innocent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join