It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Chinese incursion into our Phones/CPUs/Tablets? Indian Incursion REAL.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm writing this after discovering a couple of disturbing things yesterday. It's no news that you can currently untether (Jailbreak) your iDevices right now with the release of TaiG. I've always thought that it was a smart way for China's Pangu and TaiG team to undermine the US economy as they were both taken from secret level security discussions about Apple's vulnerabilities in China to my amusement by Apple's Chinese security team. So ever since iOS 7.x I've had a JB'd iPhone and was waiting to untether my iPad to play various DOS and PSP games (which you have to admit is pretty kick-ass).
Think of any apple product as a bubble that's impenatrable to ANY bug because it's isolated in a world of pretty, glowing, round glyphs. Once the stupid monkey has access to any of an iDevice's files (which I think should be an option when bought since it's our money) the stupid monkey will inevitably download a bug.
So when TaiG released the ability to untether my iPad I jumped at it. However, being a stupid monkey I DLed too many GB of stuff and thought I needed to factory reset it. The first time I reset it I did without connecting to my computer and messed it up and my genius fiance 12 hours later finally unbricked it. So I took my newly reset iPad and plugged it into my computer to "properly" reset it. At first I noticed a lot of data under "other" before reseting it. After I reset it I noticed that I had more room then when it was reset before. As I was reinstalling some of my apps I noticed a pecuralarity. I checked my purchases and saw that I had "purchased" this "free" Indian app 4 times months ago. It was a fake dating app with fake profiles of hot Caucasians which was the highest rated app at the time last winter with highest number of fake purchases that I realized and unfortunately unsubscribed from within a day after signing up to reply to the myriad of fake messages that all these beautiful females kept sending me that I couldn't reply to (gf troubles at the time). That along with other apps I had to get reimbursed from iTunes for almost 200 dollars.
But here's the kicker. As I was trying to untether my iPad again Norton (which most of us know as garbage stating almost everything as a false positive) made it almost impossible to download and then to unzip TaiG stating that it was the highest priority heuristic algorithm risk. When I was downloading TaiG I also noticed other files trying to piggyback along with it CRDOWNLOADS.COM which I could delete while TaiG was DLing on the same place. I've tried doing some research but couldn't find anything that helps regarding Suspicious.Cloud.9 alerts and as any computer owner knows you must be responsible with your downloads because stupid people can easily open up their iDevices for attack from anybody. But do the actions of just downloading the software to allow your iPad to be untethered come with hidden files in the first place?
It's already established that Indians and Chinese are underminding our economy with fake apps on iTunes and tools to get free games from US developers, but does the actual act of downloading the unthethering apps open up your computer and then your iWhatever to attack? Or am I just being a paranoid conspiracy theorist?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

Untether to go out in the real world, play a board game, visit a zoo, go on a roller coaster...while you still can.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Did you download TaiG from a legitimate source? There is also Pangu for iOS 8, not sure if it's untethered or not, I haven't jailbroken an iOS device since iOS 6 (using redsn0w)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To be honest, if I believe all that is written about the FBI, KGB, MI5-6 Chinese, all trying to find out what colour my underwear is. I never knew I was so important. Perhaps I should just wear them on my head and save everyone some important time

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh the perils of jailbreaking(unlocking) these devices! "It's a trap!". Haha But seriously I think they ship these electronics with holes to at least the manufacturer (Apple/Samsung) and many of the system apps are suspect. You have to really gut a device to make it more secure, but most people are carefree and download all kinds of free apps. Remember nothing is free,
and you probably have a good reason to be paranoid about the vendors. Most systems are easily compromised.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well a Chinese secutiry team working for apple stole it from themselves. Since there's rooms of hundreds of chinese in a building looking for key words and raising their hand for their supervisor every time they see the word "JSOC" etc they probly worked for the government. Plus the chinese and idnians are taking over the iOS store. You hafta admit that japan has some games because of china:

edit on 22-7-2015 by Swing80s because: (no reason given)

top topics

join