It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my cat's inflamed leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Two days ago my cat was outside during the day which in the summer is usual for him,then at night he comes in to sleep. Only that night there was no sign of him. Its been extremely hot, and he has a large covered space that he likes lounging in. I gave him a call and he meowed but made no sign of wanting to come out. The next morning he did come out, but looking very dazed and with a limp and the paw looked inflamed for sure. No sign of wounds anywhere, but very weak. He is three years old, and bit by bit he is looking better but moving the min. He is drinking and going to the toilet now any ideas what it could be. Will take him to the vet today, my feeling is he may of been stung or eaten something bad and then hurt his paw somehow. Any ideas?
edit on 13-7-2015 by ancientthunder because: misspell

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
He may have a puncture wound from an insect or another cat, but sometimes you can barely notice the hole, until it's a leaking abscess. Good on having him looked at.

edit on 13-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
thanks for the reply, what is an insert? insect?

edit on 13-7-2015 by ancientthunder because: misspell

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I think he got stung, my Tomcat once got stung by a Wasp and his paw was swelling twice the size. He slept the whole day and on the next morning, everything was fine again.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sounds like an insect bite/sting. But I am not a vet.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'd be guessing but I'd say possible sting or insect bite. My male made the mistake of swatting a wasp once. I happened to see it happen or I would have been mystified. He was lethargic and limpy for a couple of days even though the swelling appeared to be gone after 24 hours.
The vet advised just watching him carefully for the first few hours since I knew what had happened.
Hope your guy is feeling better soon!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

puncture wound, bug sting, could also be a pulled or torn muscle.

Our dog took what looked like a minor miss step on the stairs. later she refused to get up with out serious coaxing, and by the next morning her leg was swollen maybe 3 times it's normal size.

We took her to the Vet, vet said torn/pulled muscle. He prescribed anti-inflamatory meds and anti-biotics.

It took about a week(maybe 9 days) but her leg is back to normal as is her behaviour.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: dreamingawake
thanks for the reply, what is an insert? insect?

Insect, corrected it, spell check issue(lol).

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
thanks for the reply's, ive noticed that the back paw on the same side is funny also. Dont know, its a weird thing. Maybe what stung, stung twice. will see what the vet says.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Two days ago my cat was outside during the day which in the summer is usual for him,then at night he comes in to sleep. Only that night there was no sign of him. Its been extremely hot, and he has a large covered space that he likes lounging in. I gave him a call and he meowed but made no sign of wanting to come out. The next morning he did come out, but looking very dazed and with a limp and the paw looked inflamed for sure. No sign of wounds anywhere, but very weak. He is three years old, and bit by bit he is looking better but moving the min. He is drinking and going to the toilet now any ideas what it could be. Will take him to the vet today, my feeling is he may of been stung or eaten something bad and then hurt his paw somehow. Any ideas?

Check for a tick or perhaps a thorn.

Ticks can cause a temporary paralysis or lack of physical control.

Stings and thorns can be the entry point for infection.

It pays to get a vet to check on anything unusual. Simple infections can turn nasty quite quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Poor kitty!!!!! I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see what's going on. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

here he is before the trauma, he is improving slowly. I now can see a couple of holes in his back paw,quiet close together. Whatever got him, it definaltly afected his neurological system. Thats why I dont feel its another cat.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh, he's adorable!!! So how is he now???

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
He has been to the vet and one of the paws was infected, no broken bones. What did it, she/the vet couldnt be sure. Normaly a cat will attack around the head, so she was surprised it was on both paws. I dont know, but my guess it wasnt another cat! The punture holes where rather small or fine. Anyway he had a hard morning, but he is on the mend and hopefuly soonish he will be the full monty once again.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good to hear! Hope his recovery is indeed a speedy one!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yay! Glad to hear he is doing better!!!

top topics

join