It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Calls Out Another Cop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS. Wasn't sure were to put this.

I watched this on LiveLeak and thought I would share it here to show that there may be hope out there after all.

This video is of a police officer in America that actually knows the rights of the citizens.

America needs a hell of a lot more officers like him. A professional.

This may have turned out to be a whole other video had he not been there. Not sure of the back story to this stop or the outcome for the citizen. From what I gathered from the audio it seems he was sitting in his car, watching the 4th July fireworks outside his house?

Here you go:

Refreshing no?

Credit: LiveLeak

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow ! Like you said wish there were more. He probably won't last even though the country needs Police officers like him.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Notice the police officer has his hand on his flashlight the whole time? Meaning he feels threatened .

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

I don't know if this makes me happy to see an officer acting like he's supposed to, or sad that this is such a rare occurrence it has to be pointed out.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wish there was more of the video explaining what the other officer was doing.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I don't know if this makes me happy to see an officer acting like he's supposed to, or sad that this is such a rare occurrence it has to be pointed out.

You're right...it is sad.

We shouldn't have to point out officers like him. It should be the norm.

Unfortunately this is what it has come to though..

edit on 9/7/2015 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

There's a Constitution that I swore an oath to, so don't freakin' mess with it with these citizens, ya understand me?

God. Damn. Right.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
At long last, that makes up for an endless string of assaults on citizens while the rest of the police look the other way and whistle, and the offending policeman was bawled out on the spot.

edit on 9-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Would like to send this officer note saying "Thank You for standing up for the true definition of "Protect and Serve". It today's age, Protect and Server means that officers not only protect us from criminals, they protect us from out of line officers that are not following the oath they swore to.

I applaud him for standing up for the oath he took against a fellow officer that FAILED!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just my opinion but this looks like local PD chastising wannabe reserve officers that work holidays, hired only temporary by the city to aid overworked police. The real cop warns them to lay off.

I hate reservists, they don't qualify to be full time, usually because they don't measure up.

See?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

"F**kin' eh, Peter, man."

This is the LEO I would be if I were a cop. And back at the station, I'd have smacked these others upside their heads and handed them a pocket-sized Constitution.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It happens way more than ya think. I come from a Military and LE family and have seen some brutal snip happen to officers that step out of line.

My best friend is the head of the State police in my district. I fix most of his officers personal vehicles and know them quite well. I love hearing the stories on how they deal with corrupt or snip head officers. It's rather amusing!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That was amazing! I was glad to see that...to bad as its been stated this is becoming more and more rare!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You would think all these cops would be well versed and had a thorough understanding of the constitution of the United States before being considered for a job as a police officer. Their job revolves around our constitution every single day as they interact with the public! Sounds to me like some officers are not qualified and knowledgeable to be police officers.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Clone that officer!!!
Actually I think I know one exactly like that.
He might even be a staff member.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Depending on the seniority difference between the two officers, I'd say the one who spoke out is at risk of being drummed out of the force eventually. Law Enforcement Agencies and the types of officers they typically employ, like having the option to "overreact", if too many "do -gooders" start eroding that ability, I suspect that most officers wouldn't want to be in Law Enforcement anymore.

Contemporary LEOs are in place to do the following and NOTHING MORE:

1. Protect themselves.
2. Maximize their total compensation.
3. Act as a source of revenue generation for the department currently employing them, the union they belong to and the local governments authorizing their activities.
4. Protecting the commercial interests of national corporations (with PAC's lobbying on the behalf of the big corporations)
5. Protecting the private property and political interests of large, influential, land owners, residing within their jurisdiction, that contribute and participate in local politics.
6. Controlling dissenting narratives that would interfere with 1-5.

They’ve been totally co-opted, insulated from financial consequences and tax paying citizens are picking up the tab. That's the sad reality of where we are today, in regards to contemporary Law Enforcement Culture, but no one understands this, nor are many willing to accept these facts.

Also most importantly, that’s how Fascism works and in turn uses domestic police forces to tighten the grip on those whom are most likely to dissent against the status quo. Make no mistake about it, LEO's in the United States are becoming the new Ordnungspolizei (Orpo) and there will NEVER be enough "good apples" to stop this shift. They do "Protect & Serve", but its the STATE that they "Protect & Serve", not its citizens.

Here is an except from Bowers v. DeVito, in 1982, the Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit held, "...there is no Constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen. It is monstrous if the state fails to protect its residents... but it does not violate... the Constitution."
edit on 9-7-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There was a time when it was unusual for a cop to be anything but good. It is amazing how much that has changed over the years. Yes, we do indeed need more cops like this gentleman!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice! Throw that guy a party like you did the dancing fat man. Make a real US of A point of how appreciated his attitude is

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That guy is awesome! We need more cops like him. I believe he may be an Oathkeeper, the way he kept mentioning the Constitution. Sadly, I don't think that cops like him last long. They shake up the status quo.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
S&F

A man with character and integrity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join