It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was/is there a way to add members to a "friends"/"enemies" list in your profile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This may have been a feature a long time ago, or maybe I'm simply thinking of another forum, but is there currently a way to add members to a friends list or enemies list within your profile? To my knowledge it didn't block anyone's posts from being seen, it was just a sort of way to categorize people who often agree with or disagree with just for the fun of it.

Have I gone mad, or did this not used to exist back in the day

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Go to the persons wall and add friend but there is no enemy list.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No, you're completely crazy.

No seriously.

Many years ago you could add friends and foes to a list. I still occasionally get friend messages but it hasn't been in use for a long time now.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have not been able to add friends for a couple of weeks...maybe there is an odd equation that = hte number of friends you can have? The online game I play is like that. I have never thought of adding anyone as an enemy, but there is really one who's posts I would rather not see- but I don;t want an entire 'blocklist' addition to be made here, it doesn't seem right in this atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ah yes, the wall. That's what I couldn't find for some reason

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Seems the add friends button has been moved to the persons wall. But it's not always there.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

There should be an ignore list.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

There should be an ignore list.

I'm not sure what the current view is on discussing GM scripts but I believe more than one member is running a custom list system under Firefox...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ah good times. I was on over 20 foe lists at one time.

There were two members whose foe lists included more than half of the active membership - 100s between them. I can't name names as they are still members.

Most of us never used the function unless we were messing about and 'Foeing' people we liked. I never used ignore on anyone as what's the point? It's easy to ignore members by not reading their posts or not replying to them.

When that old u2u arrived saying that so-and-so had foed you, it usually indicated that you'd bested them and pissed them off. Foeing was therefore a spiteful little tantrum on their part. To foe was to concede weakness imo. Some guy would send a half-dozen foe u2us which made them look very sad indeed lol.

On the other hand, I was foed by some great members who took it in fantastic spirit. We'd spar on the boards and were the best of foes.

The friend function is very underused and I've used it maybe twice in a year. That's despite there being so many members I admire greatly.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Way back when, I used the ignore feature like twice I think. Then I got so nosy about what the person I was ignoring said, so I took them back off the ignore list.
edit on 7/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's made me all nostalgic thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I lost the ability to Friend with the new server migration. I really need to clean out my list, many people aren't even active members anymore. Unusual though, last night I received a message which stated another member (whom I respect immensely) had just added me as a Friend. I wished I could have repaid the compliment in kind, but I still don't have that feature available.

Curiouser and curiouser.

ATS Members Assemble!
We'll get to the bottom of this Rabbit Hole!

edit on 7/5/15 by GENERAL EYES because: minor grammar edit for clarity

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
FFS - we can have " freinds " but not " enemies " - just WTF ???????????????????

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I worked it out after thinking I was going crazy as a new member friended me and I couldn't friend them back, so much for being ol school savvy.
GE, you have to go to the WALL of the person and that is where the friend button is.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Come on Ape, you need another enemy like Billeye Meier needs another story with ludicrous photographs to back it up.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I tried that and didn't find an option.

Maybe my multidimensional glasses are broken.

Lemmie tweek these bad boys and give it another glance...

Yup.
Same as the first time.

No visible option.

ETA:
Ah, no...wait...there it is!
Har har har sneaky sneaky I love it!
Took me a moment but we're golden!

edit on 7/5/15 by GENERAL EYES because: ETA

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd likely just use the Foe option just as a note as who I commonly disagree with. I don't think I'd ever Ignore anyone here. Although there has been one individual who I swear must be totally insane whom I may save the ignore button for
(no one in this topic mind you)

new topics

top topics

join