It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless Bungee Jump !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Just watched this on Youtube. Using magnets instead of the usual cables ....Would you be the 1st one to try it ?

edit on 29-6-2015 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicDude
Just watched this on Youtube. Is this REAL or a Hoax ?!

Try watching ALL of it, and you will answer your own question!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicDude

It's an advertisement for wireless charging, check the end out.

That being said if it ever is developed i wouldn't fancy being the first person to try it.

Ah brucey already in there

edit on CDT06America/ChicagoJunam29CDT0730am by TheMadTitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

i wouldn't fancy being the first person to try it.

Yep, me neither

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The flimsy tripods would need to be MUCH heftier..the force would knock them over...and the rebound would be chaotic..random angles would throw you off in any direction, not straight up.

Although...if the jumper was wearing a suit which was essentially a human sized neo magnet, and the electromagnets were replaced with a simple, but very large copper tube...it could work.

Try dropping a neo magnet down the middle of a copper tube and see what happens, then imagine it scaled up.

edit on 29-6-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Its an amazing idea, but a drop of that size? I would not trust it without testing myself on much smaller drops first.

Its balls out, but I am glad that it is only an advertisement!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Simply an advert for wireless chargers. LoL

Even if this were viable i imagine the magnetic force may not afford the jumper the same amount of elasticity that a bungee cord does, possibly snapping your spine in the process of stopping you hitting the ground.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Doubt the forces involved would be any higher or more extreme than the harness and fan descenders a stuntperson would wear when jumping or 'falling' from a tall building.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I suppose it would depend on when and how the magnetic force was applied to the person falling. I certainly would not wish to be the guinea pig on any first attempt.

That being said if this were somehow possible and turned out to pose no more of a risk than the conventional bungee method i would love to try it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
The flimsy tripods would need to be MUCH heftier..the force would knock them over...and the rebound would be chaotic..random angles would throw you off in any direction, not straight up.

Yes. That's the first thing I though t of when I watched this, and while imaging how it would work it it were real. I think that it could be similar to someone bouncing on a trampoline the wrong way and getting ejected.

Also, I wonder how (if this were real) they imagined that he got back down to the ground. Would they have lassoed him with a cable on a crane? Could they slowly reduce the magnetism of the magnets is such a way that he would be gently lowered to the ground magnetically?

edit on 6/29/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

That was my first thought, too. 'How do you get back down?' Yours was a good idea, slowly and steadily decrease the intensity of the magnetism. Or, have a soft landing pad directly below an just shut it off.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
that'd be a no from me. hell no.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Maybe they thew down a rope they used to drag him back up. Or they lessened the magnetic force which would slowly bring him downwards

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This just ticked me off. No one likes to feel like the joke's on them for engaging. Which is what I did with the vid. Until the end, when the ruse was suddenly apparent. Now I'm calling "them" jerks.

And What the H was the message, Are we really to associate the company with magnet tech innovations? That's a tall order. Is there something I don't know about IKEA being a Tech R&D company? Puhleeze.

On a lighter note, who wants to assemble their own magnetically-controlled free fall equipment from a kit in a box?

IKEA! I have NO PLANS to EVER shop there, and this ad reinforces my aversion to it.
edit on 1-7-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

Edit: the post sounds like I didn't realize it's for a charger. No, the above is tongue-in-cheek, a sarcastic take on their ad idea.
The tag line about Bungee Jumping Someday, Charging Now, was an absurd crumbly capstone to the idea which should've been left in the No Bad Ideas in Brainstorming" drawing board at their ad campaign meeting.
edit on 1-7-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join