It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space X just blew up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It was carrying 4,000 pounds of supplies - including food and water, but the ISS currently has enough stocked on board to last till October.

Also had several scientific experiments including the international docking adopter

The Dragon spacecraft is carrying a 1,000-pound International Docking Adapter that will make it easier for spacecraft carrying astronauts to connect to the station. IDA-1, as the component is called, will be connected to the port on the end of the Harmony module on the space station.

Link
NASA link

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ZEV93

You cannot be a follower of ATS and not know about UFOs and triangles.

Read the second line of my signature. It gives the concept of exactly how physics can be cheated as nature does it with birds.

There is no cure for denial.
edit on 28-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The Wright Brothers cracked the whole heavier than air flight thing in 1903 and planes still crash, and they still have problems developing them.

It's a rocket. Slow release Explosives in a can, Nothing new. Surely man.?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You point out a virtually insurmountable problem caused by the development of exotic UFO-like craft. The deathtrap shuttle was allowed to continue operations despite the fact that triangles were not only in production but operational. Efforts will continue for a long time to keep that fact hidden.

Of course, the Chinese and Russians know about our fab equipment from even the most cursory intelligence work, but the American people must be kept in the dark for as long as possible to prevent repercussions to the entire chain of command of several administrations.

Efforts on ATS to ignore, deny and downplay discussions of triangles by aviation enthusiasts and others are quite evident with anyone with any sense of the issues involved and can be assumed to be part of the coverup or they are stuck in denial.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Image analysis from the NASA footage:

The rocket just one frame from the disintegration event:

Next frame - first signs of fuel vapour start appearing around the upper stage:

Subsequent frames:

A few frames down the line, an object appears that could be the still intact Dragon capsule:

It's interesting to note that the first stage of the rocket kept firing and propelling itself into the disintegrating second stage. I assume it was itself being disintegrated top-down until the final burst involving the engines.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Neither are planes. But they still crash and have issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As I mentioned in another post, I winder if this is going to put the Dragon Crew capsule behind schedule. They were already in a tight competition (a competition of sorts) with Boeing to be the first to send a crewed vehicle into orbit or to the ISS.

I realize this wasn't the crew capsule, but it seems to me that SpaceX will need to put some time and resources into finding out what happened to the Falcon 9, and spend time and resources in fixing whatever they find. That makes me think it may potentially adversely affect the Dragon V2 schedule, if they need to redesignate some of those resources away from the V2 and to the Falcon 9.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Amazing how it is kinda expected with rocket tech

Does anyone know the contingency plan to get the supplies up there?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Read the second line of my signature. It gives the concept of exactly how physics can be cheated as nature does it with birds.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there's nothing physics-defying with the way birds fly. I really hope you weren't being serious with that comment.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

A few frames down the line, an object appears that could be the still intact Dragon capsule:

UFO cutting off supply lines to aid the space war...

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The fuel was venting, you could see that white smoke around top of the rocket soon after launch. NASA said on live stream that flight was remotely terminated by Air Force after anomaly was detected.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

SpaceX said the upper stage LOX tank over pressurized. They just don't know why yet.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I really heard NASA say that after the anomaly, Air Force terminated that launch as a security precaution.

AF is responsible for "Range Safety" at KSC. They man the range safety panel on all launches. Decision making parameters (for when to hit the button that terminates a particular launch) are negotiatedagreed to by all parties before the launch, but the AF is the one who actually is responsible for making the final decision during the launch.
edit on 28-6-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is what happens when you gut NASA's budget.
President Obama's policies regarding space exploration are among his most disappointing actions as commander in chief in my opinion.
As an absolute space nut, I was horrified that he ended but the Ares V and the Constellation program which would see us put men back on the moon.
It is only through the resources of our profoundly rich country that we can achieve what is needed to in space.
There is no foreseeable profit in space and we will continue to see failures like this piecemeal subsidized by trickle of money when compared to the GDP of America.
We should be spending 2 to 5% of our GDP on space travel and now I watch as our head of NASA looks to extend Muslim out reach and stand on the shores of space travel.
Space travel is not for the meek.
It's for the brave.
We are not a country which should abide standing on the shores as poorer countries sail ever further into the expanse of space.
This is the domain of the greatest country that mankind has ever mustered.
America should be at the forefront of space travel.
Where have you gone Werner Von Braun?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

I hate to burst your bubble, but there's nothing physics-defying with the way birds fly. I really hope you weren't being serious with that comment.

Maybe you should think about your views. I was dead serious about my statement. Man and his idealization of how nature works (physics) said we can't fly. We can't build a bird-like machine or accessory to allow that ability. Gravity acting on the mass of our contraptions could not possibly work. Strangely, despite that opinion,[/ nature, allowed birds and other critters, to side-step the simple physics that you folks hold so dear. So now you believe birds can fly and can prove how they do it and the same for the efforts of man. Birds and manmade machines disallow the basic features of physics (gravity) by work arounds. With birds, it is wings, with man it is invented wings, airfoils, aided with devices to push or pull.

Anybody that every considered that UFOs just might be real will look at the way they operate and conclude that they are not airfoil devices or even pure push-pull devices. They give every evidence of disobeying those misguided opinions of yesterday's anti-airplane scientists. Basically, they and you, evidently, are saying the UFOs can't exist, so I don't have to examine how they to appear to not obey our rules of physics as we understands them.

Given what you understand as law about physics, why is it your mind won't allow you to conceptualize a common sci-fi technique every kid knows about? What does it take? To think about a UFO engine? Imagine a generator that produces a field effect that encompasses the carrier such that it is immune from gravity and thus, mass and inertia. What part of that can't you visualize? What part of that can't be possible if you have the technology? How is that sidestepping of basic physics any different than a bird's wing?

Boeing and NASA both recently issued veiled announcements that they have near miraculous devices in the works. I suggest you examine their releases and project that they are somewhat ahead of what they tell us that they are doing. You might surprise yourself.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Who's talking about "UFO engines" here? I simply commented on your ridiculous claim that birds' flight "sidesteps" physics. It's still ridiculous, by the way.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

...I was dead serious about my statement. Man and his idealization of how nature works (physics) said we can't fly. We can't build a bird-like machine or accessory to allow that ability. Gravity acting on the mass of our contraptions could not possibly work. Strangely, despite that opinion, nature, allowed birds and other critters, to side-step the simple physics that you folks hold so dear. So now you believe birds can fly and can prove how they do it and the same for the efforts of man. Birds and manmade machines disallow the basic features of physics (gravity) by work arounds. With birds, it is wings, with man it is invented wings, airfoils, aided with devices to push or pull.

First of all, as far as I know, we haven't built a human-carrying machine that uses the same methods birds use to fly (maybe someone has recently, but not as far as I know).

Secondly, birds use the laws of physics to fly. They don't "work around" those laws of physics.

edit on 6/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Just a genuine thank you to you ngchunter. Not only are you one full of accurate and amazing knowledge in all to do with astronomy, you have your feet on the ground. Your youtube channel is full of interesting space content that should be getting thousands more views. To know you are on ATS and actively (unlike many others....) helping to spread wisdom and keeping dumb plonkers like me informed is something I deeply appreciate.

Can I get a reading on how you and others felt in the crowds there? I'd love to see a live launch one day, just to experience the sensations, hair on the back of your neck tingling, sound booming, (smells?) etc. Sadly I live down under, and the closest we get to rocketry is a explosive bacterial gas leak from wombat roadkill baking in the sun.

Anyhoo,
keep doing what you are doing

edit on 28-6-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent
On the bright side, one less gaping hole in our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

The RSO guys don't screw around. That rocket sniffs funny and they'll push the button.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join