It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it's come to this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've lived in this neighborhood for 40 years just north of 8 mile road and the Detroit city limit. Over the past 10 years my neighborhood has been going down the tubes. I am at my whits end with the people moving into my neighborhood. Yesterday I decided to go to the grocery store with my cousin around 9 am. I locked the front door but left the back door unlocked because I figured my grandmother was home so I didn't need to lock it. Coming home when I pulled into the driveway I noticed the gate was open so I thought the meter man had been by. My grandmother was in her room sleeping in but she was awake and just laying there. Someone came into the house while we were gone. My grandmother said someone opened her bedroom door and when she called my name they shut the door. She said the back door was open also.

I have had it with the scum in my neighborhood. Last Xmas a guy was randomly stabbed at the end of my street. I have a neighbor that is mentally challenged. He has a bike with a wagon attached and he uses it to transport a lawnmower. He goes around and cuts grass for extra money. Last summer a couple of 18 year old punks decided to beat him up for his bike and lawn equipment. They put him in the hospital. A couple of years ago my ex girlfriends 17 year old sister was at the corner gas station on prom night. She and her date were going out for the evening. Some scum bag started hitting on her in front of date. She told the guy off and he pulled out a knife and stabbed her in the throat. 2 of my neighbors homes have been broken into. One of my neighbors woke up to find her brand new Crystler 300 sitting on cinder blocks. They stole her rims in the middle of the night. I smoke outside at night and have caught people on several occasions breaking into my neighbors cars. Someone climbed under my neighbors car and cut their catalytic converter off with a torch.

I'm sick of being victimized and seeing my friends and neighbors victimized by these people. In the 1800's if someone was stealing your horses you had every right to shoot the person. I have had it these people. I don't have the means to move I'm stuck here. My property in this house is worth tens of thousands. I have tools fishing equipment guns a video game equipment electronics. If my house gets hit it's going to be devastating. I'll never be able to replace me belongings. I don't know what to do.
edit on 27-6-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Sounds like it's time to consider re-locating.
I've heard so many negative things about Detroit, sounds as if things are sliding faster.

RIP Motor City.

Best wishes ...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Damn man that sounds unbelievably crazy. I thought it was south of 8 mile road where all the problems where?

Anyway........ maybe its time to take some inspiration from Slim, lol. Make a new plan and travel some new lands.

"I'm a man, I'ma make a new plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time for me to just take matters into my own hands
Once I'm over these tracks man I'ma never look back
(8 Mile Road) And I'm gone, I know right where I'm going
Sorry momma I'm grown, I must travel alone
ain't gon' follow the footsteps I'm making my own
Only way that I know how to escape from this 8 Mile Road"

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Damn man that sounds unbelievably crazy. I thought it was south of 8 mile road where all the problems where?

Anyway........ maybe its time to take some inspiration from Slim, lol. Make a new plan and travel some new lands.

"I'm a man, I'ma make a new plan
Time for me to just stand up, and travel new land
Time for me to just take matters into my own hands
Once I'm over these tracks man I'ma never look back
(8 Mile Road) And I'm gone, I know right where I'm going
Sorry momma I'm grown, I must travel alone
ain't gon' follow the footsteps I'm making my own
Only way that I know how to escape from this 8 Mile Road"

Crime use to stay south of 8 mile but since the housing market crashed people bought up the homes to rent out. Now all of the degenerates are moving out of Detroit. It's literally like an invasion of scum. Heroin dealers masses of thieves you name it they've moved to the burbs. I've been talking with my cousin about moving to the upper peninsula except I can't leave my grandmother behind. I wish I could sit on my roof with a high powered rifle and pick off any thieves I catch. It would make for some fun summertime entertainment.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So you had a scumbag in your gaff, id say he's a neighbour who seen you leaving. Now he has seen all the goodies you own, he will be back.

I hope your house is secure when you go out. I wouldnt think granny will scare anyone off...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

time to get out of there.
i was born in detroit. lived on van horn road.
i have not been there in about 8 years but it was well on its way out even then.

move and/or be like my man

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Call robocop he will sort it out.
Joking aside maybe time to move if you can if not good luck and stay safe.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you. No one should have to put up with that crap. You should join up with whatever good neighbors you have left and look out for each other. Call the cops anytime you catch someone doing something they shouldn't be doing. Hopefully some will end up in jail.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

time to get out of there.
i was born in detroit. lived on van horn road.
i have not been there in about 8 years but it was well on its way out even then.

move and/or be like my man

Yeah I like that movie just watched a few weeks ago it for the first time in years.
edit on 27-6-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

So you had a scumbag in your gaff, id say he's a neighbour who seen you leaving. Now he has seen all the goodies you own, he will be back.

I hope your house is secure when you go out. I wouldnt think granny will scare anyone off...
I've had my home broken into before so I'm prepared. They just better hope I don't catch them. I'm putting bars on my windows and a security door up next week. I catch someone in my house they'll be lucky to leave with their life.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

In my brothers neighbourhood when they put bars on the lower windows thieves used them to climb to the upper windows.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why would you live anywhere near 8-mile (assuming you are in that stretch that those of us way farther north called the "no pitstop stretch"; the 9-mile suburbs to just before downtown.). I'm not talking about the part of 8-mile running through Farmington HIlls. Hope you aren't talking about Gratiot and 8-mile; even cops won't stop at the red lights there during the night!

My grandparents used to have a house on that stretch back when it was nice; and due to the riots, they fled out to the farther suburbs; If you want to know where the blight is heading next; it's spreading to the northern suburbs. Right now, places like Royal Oak, Troy, Sterling Heights are relatively safe. I also think the inner city got a bit more safe than it has been; I haven't had a major incident downtown near the DIA.

-fossilera

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Sounds like it's time to find a consignment shop (safer than CL & more profitable than a PS) & sell some of your thousands' of bucks worth of stuff & head for a better zip before you're higher & drier. You might want to reflect & think about what's worth more, peace of mind or the accumulated material goods? Sacrificing some of those material goods might be your only ticket to that peace of mind.

top topics

join