It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has no “Legacy” to be proud of as president.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know Obama is strutting around like he’s a Kennedy, or Roosevelt, one of our truly great presidents because of the victories of Obamacare and the gay rights issue resolved in the Supreme Court.

Their talking about he is cementing his “legacy”

Okay the Obamacare law in some people’s eyes is a success since people with health insurance has increased.

(That’s all I’ll give this man, despite the fact that, as I have posted many times—Obama didn’t do the ACA—it was done by a democratic congress.

But if we examine his “legacy” the world is in terrible shape as he struts around as if he is a successful leader.

Look at the world:

Where heading into another cold war with Russia something that had been healed somewhat

The world is experiencing another Hitler Nazi era with the advent of ISIS as each new day another story of barbaric savagery litters the news pages.

Obama has shrunk like a coward in the face of this onslaught from Isis.

The racial situation in America, even with the election of this black president, is almost returning to the era of the 60’s when it boiled over to massive riots in the street.

Indeed Obama has done nothing to improve the plight of Urban America but offer rhetoric and pep talks

The economy is becoming standardized as almost a third world economy in America something that the TPP trade deal( another legacy moment for Obama) will be the final nail in that coffin of good US middle class jobs.

The European allies of America are going through the worst economic strife since WWII culminating with the almost certain collapse of many of the economies in Europe as well as the end of the Eurozone.

To use an analogy is seems that as Obama struts around tending to his “legacy” flames of a tortuous world are igniting all around him.

The leader of the free world has shown little leadership

Of course he can’t be blamed for all of this even though Obama on each of these issues and others, always does meager half measures to confront them and thereby getting nothing done.

Indeed, under him issues that were supposedly improving or ending have returned to the time when they were at their worst in the past: such as racial strife; the war in Iraq; the cold war with Russia, and on and on we see things have gotten worse under him.

So I ask what does he have to be proud of beside Obamacare. And that’s a very debatable issue whether he should be given “legacy” points for this.

Even the gay issue he was hardly a leader on this since the vice president had to drag him into this.

So if we examine Obama’s “legacy” it looks like it’s not much better than the last president

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The only credit I give to obama , was the many times he gave the middle finger to that rat Zionist Jew Natanyahoo.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Affordable Heath Care yes, he gets the credit, it's his. Congress my ass. Congress who?

He gave the order to kill Bin Laden.

He sang a Marvin Gay song.

Like it or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
An American president's legacy is of no real concern. The real legacy that we should look back at in retrospect, is what we, the American people, allowed all of our politicians to do.

Our collective legacy is more comparable to the Nazis. What did we sit by and let them all do?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The world is experiencing another Hitler Nazi era with the advent of ISIS as each new day another story of barbaric savagery litters the news pages.

This is your real beef with him and anybody who has read your posts know it. Your problem is you are in a minority. I support his decision not to bomb the ME or engage in further idiocracy with them, and most other Americans feel the same way. Sorry. You can buy your own boots and put them on the ground. The rest of us have had enough of fruitless killing.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
An American president's legacy is of no real concern. The real legacy that we should look back at in retrospect, is what we, the American people, allowed all of our politicians to do.

Our collective legacy is more comparable to the Nazis. What did we sit by and let them all do?

Um...yea.... about that. Could you offer a few ideas on what we can do in the future to get politicians to do what we the people want. I mean without lobbyists and all.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
But if we examine his “legacy” the world is in terrible shape as he struts around as if he is a successful leader.

So what "legacy" did Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon leave?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

This is your real beef with him and anybody who has read your posts know it. Your problem is you are in a minority. I support his decision not to bomb the ME or engage in further idiocracy with them, and most other Americans feel the same way. Sorry. You can buy your own boots and put them on the ground. The rest of us have had enough of fruitless killing.

Your just wrong

Actually if you read my posts before ISIS even existed I was down on Obama even then

The ISIS issue just exposes his superficial leadership skills

Your also wrong about being in a minority

For the First Time, Americans Support Ground Troops Against ISIS

"For the first time, a majority of Americans (57 percent) favor the U.S. sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria to fight ISIS," CBS reported.

Your also wrong about this:

I never supported a US only attack on ISIS I support A REAL COALITION

When you make a move on WillTell babe

Have your stuff together!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

They were bad too

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Love it! Well, you got one thing right. I am a Babe.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

WillTell knows what must be known!

Live and learn

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He made Carter look like the best thing since sliced bread...

Oh and just hang on to your hats, I think he's going to finish flushing the country down the toilet now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Um...yea.... about that. Could you offer a few ideas on what we can do in the future to get politicians to do what we the people want. I mean without lobbyists and all.

The constitution gave you the ability to do what was needed to ensure our government did what it was designed to do.

Do you not have a right to speak out? Do you not have the right to bear arms and are we all not members of the unorganized militia if 17 and older?

Are we also not able to amend the constitution to ban the practice of lobbying?

We have all the tools needed. We're just to lazy to use them.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Obama is in a no win situation.

If he decides to send troops into Syria or wherever these ISIS scum are hiding then you would be sitting there creating a thread complaining about how Obama has dragged us into another endless war.

If he were to increase the number of bombings or drone strikes, then you'd be sitting there creating a thread about Obama's endless drone war.

If he were to stand up to Putin, you' d sit there creating another thread about how Obama has single handedly dragged us into another Cold war.

The whole "Racial "Tension" is just made up nonsense that has been stirred up by the Conservative media and their crusade to make people believe that Whites are being persecuted.

Racial issues in this country have been the same they have been since the 60's, but since we have a Black president the Conservative infotainment industry wants their viewers to believe whites are actively being eradicated.

Go ahead and blame Obama though, it's not like he has been dealing with a congress which main plan was making him a one term president.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is an opinion thread only, why is this discussion on a conspiracy theory site?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The constitution gave you the ability to do what was needed to ensure our government did what it was designed to do.

Do you not have a right to speak out? Do you not have the right to bear arms and are we all not members of the unorganized militia if 17 and older?

Are we also not able to amend the constitution to ban the practice of lobbying?

We have all the tools needed. We're just to lazy to use them.

So what's the process? Who do we call? I have ideas on how I would like it to work.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Talk to your neighbors. Talk to your local militia. I'm not very confident it will do any good at this late stage, but that's about the best we can do.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

He gave the order to kill Bin Laden.

Took him what , a week to decide? Wouldve taken me every bit of 3 minutes.

Affordable Heath Care yes, he gets the credit, it's his. Congress my ass.

The single most destructive policy that ever came out of an admin.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The ISIS issue: No one here says he should send just American troops

I say he should lead a legitimate international coalition similar to the first Bush against Iraq in 93. A very successful endeavor in which Bush ( unlike his stupid son) did the work and got out... and there was no blowback over that war.

I personally don’t support drones if they kill civilians

Also if you look at the Russian issue it is Obama that has stirred up the Russians so he is responsible for rekindling the cold war.

As for Racial tensions all Obama has done is respond to incidents

All major progressive organizations denounce him for doing NOTHING on this issue
but give meaningless speeches

Look man, a president is suppose to deal with complex issues not just give speeches, golf, and praise money for his next election

That’s why we elected him

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Look I do Op’s on a variety of subjects, including some of the deepest conspiracy issues on this site. But I'm not one-dimensional and neither is ATS since they have other concerns than merely conspiracy issues

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join