It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Black Teen Does Something SICK to White Woman Holding Toddler… No Media Outrage

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: JohnFisher
According to the FBI the known homicide stats for for 2013 are as follows:

*Taking the lead with a tally of 2,509 homicides is white on white
*Coming in at a close second with 2,245 homicides is black on black
*In third place with 409 homicides is black on white
*Fourth place, a measly 189, homicides is white on black
*Fifth place under below aren't even worth mentioning.

It is my understanding that violent crime trends as a whole aren't too far off this mark, yet yellow media greatly skews our perception. Yes, I know that police are the focus of a lot of things, but it's difficult finding any reliable information about that. Still, one has to realize that media as a whole probably distorts our perception of it as well.

My point being... Of course there is no outrage over contents of the original post. It doesn't fit the agenda. Still, I don't necessarily think there should be any media outrage over the incident. After all, justice is being served.

As mentioned, the stats as we know them are based on known murders... or, more accurately, murder convictions. Further, around 1/3rd of murders are unsolved, so that number is only telling part of the story.

FBI reports 461 killed by police in 2013. These aren't tallied on that markup. Worse, this isn't an accurate number - only a number derived from self-reporting departments, which are not obligated to provide said number of killings (this I think has recently changed).

However, a citizen-led effort began in 2013 - Killed By Police. These researchers scoured news reports in order to get their numbers - and they found reports of the killing of 767 people by police from May 1st to December 31st. That means a whole lot of departments aren't reporting shootings to the FBI.

So, how many are police killing in a year? Well, last year (2014), KBP found news reports for 1104 people killed by the police.

Now, think about that for a second - there were 5,723 known murders in 2013 and 767 people killed by police for half a year in 2013.
And that's fine, fine indeed (for reporting purposes). Now if only media news can focus on these issues as a whole rather than sensationalizing the divisive racial angle.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't know but .. how often does this occur ? It happens to be that some dude filmed this whole charade . It's just another fire starter to escalate racial issues here.

I mean with all the cop brutality against black people and stuff. I'm not from around but where we come from I've got the feeling we've still got mutual respect for eachoter not that nothing happens around here but we just seem to adjust our feelings about each other . And we do not put people from different countries together so that you create racial distinction . They try to mix everyone together.

Whatever it's really sad that the black girl didn't control her emotional state and put the toddler aside before attacking that white girl .

I sometimes hate to say the words black and white people but it seems there's no other way to keep both humans apart.
It's so strange that we live beside each other we fight together we laugh among eachother. But we still living that thin line of trusting eachother . I think we should stop being jealous about each other's qualities and physical state.

Because that's what it's all about IMO We should give each other some more.
maybe it's all the stress of those f...g wars that made us become what we are becoming

Keep the peace

Pls. ..

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
These are the type of people that should be put in the stocks. Get a few rotten tomatoes thrown in their face, wear a doofus hat for a few years. Could be fun.

I have no empathy for these savages.
edit on 30-6-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What's doubly sad about this is that there's zero chance of prosecution, low quality cam, can't identify, unless one of her friends grasses on her under oath in a court of law.

Not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow I really just saw 2 of the most disgusting comments ever. Did some just really say send black people back to Africa because they can't live in civilized society? You guys wonder why there is so Mich hate on both sides. The other blamed rap music? And that we must reeducate black people? You guys are literally out of your minds if you think any of these views are not bat# crazy I feel sorry for you because they are. Maybe it's because you guys are old I don't know but I've been listening to rap music my whole.life never made me want to become a criminal. And you guys do know a LOT of white ppl listen to rap right I guess they don't need to be reeducated huh? Rap music isn't making ppl criminals and black people don't need to be shipped back to Africa. The fact that comment was starred by a few ppl makes me really sad and nervous like it is something normal to say. ATS needs to clean this up from both sides I don't wanna see any blatant racism against any race. This # is disgusting no educated person would say these things I used to lurk ats and loved that it was full of educated people seems like things went downhill very fast it's sad.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Can a moderator at least please delete the post about sending natural born Americans to Africa because of their skin color? This is how extremism is bred I don't know how to contact moderators

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Would it be race baiting if the races were reversed. No. It would be a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

While we're at it might as well send most of the white Americans back to their ancestors' countries.

Whoever said send blacks back to Africa is (hopefully) obviously baiting. Ignore that person.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: christophoros

While we're at it might as well send most of the white Americans back to their ancestors' countries.

Whoever said send blacks back to Africa is (hopefully) obviously baiting. Ignore that person.

I'm sure many of us thought the same lol. Except all those ppl who supported him and gave him stars though.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why does the race matter?
Anyone causing harm to another should be punished. I dont care what your race or religion.
For me people fall into one of two categories. Arseholes and not sadly one line is really long.

Divide and conquer has worked for centuries.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: shayhorse

Race doesn't matter.

But some people go to great lengths to *make* it about race.

That's the problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If this video was a black and white clip, what would you title it?

Just wondering.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join