It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Big Bang happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If you think about it, before the big Bang their was nothing , if their was nothing then nothing could ever happen. But their is something, the observable Universe!. So by that reason the Observable Universe was always here. Has been and will always be. If it was always here it has to be infinite . For logic and reason to work, in an infinite reality. Then logic and reason, only works if the infinite event, can be observed in non infinite time, which is linear time, to define reality which is the cause and effect. So the Universe has to be defined, with a starting point, called the Big bang. Which in real terms could never of happened . It could not have banged out of nothing. So what we are defining, is one of many interpretations, using linear time. Which can only exist when logic and reason are used in the observations of cause and effects. For machine intelligence to work, it has to be programed with a circuit , that interprets things in linear time, or it too will be chaotic.

Then what we are interpreting, can only be infinitely small pieces of the structure . With "time" being an invented, concept which allows the interpretation of what is perceived. What is perceived, is an illusion/ a repeating lucid dream, created by a conceptual discipline called linear time. Which only makes it appear real and solid. How is that logic flawed?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does the sun fart or burp way too abstract this was tough to read

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Or it's just a simulation.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Multiverse. Most likely our universe was created by elements outside of our universe. Two Multiverse bubbles collide causing the Big Bang, or something like that.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It could be more of a Big Bounce. Everything has a beginning and end, but perhaps they have many beginnings and ends, or maybe an infinite series of beginnings and ends. It brings into question the whole idea of beginnings and ends - is the 'beginning' really the beginning or is it also the end of the previous thing?

PS Time is a real thing, according to Einstein. He called space 'space-time'. Both space and time are warped by gravity.

And it's "if there was nothing". Their is the plural pronoun they in the genitive case.
edit on 26.6.2015 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

We have to use time , for thinking logically and strategically, which makes the interpretation of the Universe coherent, but if the Universe is a single infinite event, it exists as a timeless, Omnipotent, Multi dimensional every thing space. Which would have infinite interpretations. Then we are into some sort of mental thing. Essentially its a reality simulation, created by our minds, at the linear time wave front.

JAK

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Available on BBC's i-player at the moment is a programme regarding this topic.

Horizon - 2010-2011: 3. What Happened Before the Big Bang?

They are the biggest questions that science can possibly ask: where did everything in our universe come from? How did it all begin? For nearly a hundred years, we thought we had the answer: a big bang some 14 billion years ago.

But now some scientists believe that was not really the beginning. Our universe may have had a life before this violent moment of creation.

Horizon takes the ultimate trip into the unknown to explore a dizzying world of cosmic bounces, rips and multiple universes, and finds out what happened before the big bang.

It makes for good viewing and amusingly does away with the ideas that a) scientists believe they know everything and b) they are unquestionably supportive of each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
If you think about it, before the big Bang their was nothing , ......

No, if I think about it there was something.

A big bang does not automatically assume a singularity, but for me, I believe a big "collision" was more likely. Two (or more) very powerful things hitting eachother head on to create the bang.

Would explain away the something-nothing conundrum and makes things much more logical, although harder to imagine for most.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAK

amusingly does away with the ideas that a) scientists believe they know everything and b) they are unquestionably supportive of each other.

A notion many of our members need to be disabused of, particularly some of those claiming to be scientists lol

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have difficulty picturing reality before a/the big bang. I just cannot grasp the notion of "nothingness". Or has there always been a "reality". Again, something my old noggin just can't imagine.
edit on 2662015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

There is a Vedic school of thought that tells that Universes are constantly being created and destroyed according to the Brahmani cycles of Creation and Destruction. While I am by no means an authority on Hindu Cosmology translated into modern scientific theory, I revel in the tales of the Dreaming Gods and the Dreaming Man....each creating one another anew in a multi-varied Universal manifestation when they awaken and subsequently dissolving into nothingness when they fall asleep.

It's a beautiful fractal of creation and destruction, and a wise metaphor for how each day we have a change to start anew.

To think of the multiverse as a collection of big bangs and great collapses happening simultaneously all the time everywhere is a fascinating concept for reflection....sorry I cannot be of assistance in the pure science aspect of you inquiry as I mostly deal in symbols, storytelling and reflective mythologies.

I hope you find the answers you seek.
Namaste.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
First of all , it was not "nothing" . A singularity (which means we dont know-current definition of the term). It was a single point of condensed energy and probably dark matter. Over time the energy condensed due to the Higgs-Bosun and began to form matter and gravity . And it was not a "Big Bang" at all. When this point of energy , mass , and gravity reached critical stage , the "Great Expansion" had began.The term "Big Bang" only came into play due to the relatively short time that it took for the universe to expand.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But that singularity must have had a beginning though, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
a reply to: Gothmog

But that singularity must have had a beginning though, right?

Yes . And current models of the multiverse shows at least gravity (if not energy and possibly matter) can transfer across the universes in the multiverse.I know this is a highly theoretical point of view, but current science does show matter can transgress through certain levels and as it does can possibly move through the 11 dimensions thus flowing across the universes. That is why certain research is very important to understanding the universe.
And as an afterthought , a collision between 2 universes would have probably caused a nullification of both universes involved.Not good.(will have to some more research and thinking about this one though).
edit on 26-6-2015 by Gothmog because: add info

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Which leads to the next question . Where did the original matter, energy , time come from. That is the single greatest enigma Quantum Physics faces . The more they boil down the information , the more they can only explain it as a simulation or creation. Strange , huh ?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well when -I- think about it, I know, from having actually studied the Big Bang theory, that before the Big Bang, there wasn't nothing. There was everything. So I'd say your argument is based on shaky premises.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
If you think about it, before the big Bang their was nothing.....

** no. do your analysis again

your cannot "know" (epistemology) there was ever "nothing". but you CAN know that that since you go unconscious (minor death) every night, the chances are you were simply not awake in "the begining" and even the "gods" dont know where they came FROM
edit on 26/6/15 by MasterKaman because: quote too long

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Why does the universe have to be infinite just because it exists now? I don't see how you go to that point.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Because it couldn't appear out of nothing. So if it exists in whatever form, something always had to be there . So that something has to be infinite, if it was always there.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well when -I- think about it, I know, from having actually studied the Big Bang theory, that before the Big Bang, there wasn't nothing. There was everything. So I'd say your argument is based on shaky premises.

That's exactly what I said, so if I'm shaky so are you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join