It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Farrakhan says the American Flag is the Problem not the Confederate Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: xuenchen

Louis Farrakhan should move to another country if he is soo unhappy with Americas historical symbols, Farrakhan nobody will be crying for you if you move.

Imagine that.....someone has an opinion about the flag and/or America and of course someone had to pull-out the obligatory "if he hates 'merica so much, well he can just leave".

*sigh*

Sadly, this is the average mental depth people go to in any discussion. I wish we had more people in this country that were willing to say controversial things like Farrakhan. Yes, I know he has said some stupid and extreme things, but we need some more people to say extreme things. We need people that don't just repeat the propaganda they are taught and say some things that shock people with truths.

That's what he did and good for him.
edit on 25-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I wish we had more people in this country that were willing to say controversial things like Farrakhan. Yes, I know he has said some stupid and extreme things, but we need some more people to say extreme things.

Here you go:

CHARLESTON, South Carolina — In an angry call to arms just a block away from the site of the Charleston massacre, former New Black Panther Party chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz told a group of about 200 African American Charlestonians that they need to “finish the mission” of killing “slave masters” and their families.

Black Panther Ex-Chairman: ‘Complete’ Charleston’s Slave Rebellion’s Plan to Kill All Slave Masters

Controversial enough for you?

J

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I had no idea.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have a Bible and I read it.
I have a flag and I fly it.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

I said we need more people saying extreme things to wake people up, not call for the murdering of other people.

Big difference.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Louis Farrakhan should move to another country if he is soo unhappy with Americas historical symbols, Farrakhan nobody will be crying for you if you move.

He already lives in Chicago.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

He needs to move to California or Texas.

I'm sure they will love him over there, we need to make sure he takes Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson with him.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

What can I say, people will love idols regardless of what they can be capable off, remember in the eyes of the idol worshiper these hate pushers do not evil.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have a solution for this hate monger.

Move somewhere else where you think your people would be treated better.

A majority of Americans don't want you here and you hate a majority of Americans and what they stand for so get the # out. Simple really.
edit on 25-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like him, he's fearless and says what he thinks. I don't always agree with him but when he's on point he's a very powerful speaker.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have to admit... The man has a point!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
I have a solution for this hate monger.

Move somewhere else where you think your people would be treated better.

A majority of Americans don't want you here and you hate a majority of Americans and what they stand for so get the # out. Simple really.

Why should he get out? African Americans helped build this country too. We have just as much of a right to be here as anyone else. And if I recall, conservatives lost their minds & threatened secession when Pres Obama won in 2008. Don't project that secessionist crap onto others.

I don't agree with him on most things he says, but he's still an American citizen. He has 1st Amendment rights just like every other American does.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: introvert
I wish we had more people in this country that were willing to say controversial things like Farrakhan. Yes, I know he has said some stupid and extreme things, but we need some more people to say extreme things.

Here you go:

CHARLESTON, South Carolina — In an angry call to arms just a block away from the site of the Charleston massacre, former New Black Panther Party chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz told a group of about 200 African American Charlestonians that they need to “finish the mission” of killing “slave masters” and their families.

Black Panther Ex-Chairman: ‘Complete’ Charleston’s Slave Rebellion’s Plan to Kill All Slave Masters

Controversial enough for you?

J

For the record, the "New Black Panther Party" is a fraud. They have nothing to do with the original Black Panthers and are like the Westboro Church. They seem more like a extreme "honeypot" organization, meant to attract & keep tabs on people with radical views. And just like Westboro, no one takes them seriously. Actually, people take Westboro more seriously because they actually file lawsuits & get a ton of media coverage. The "New Black Panther Party" is a joke (and this is coming from someone who respects the original Black Panthers).
edit on 25-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Why should he get out? African Americans helped build this country too. We have just as much of a right to be here as anyone else. And if I recall, conservatives lost their minds & threatened secession when Pres Obama won in 2008. Don't project that secessionist crap onto others.

I don't agree with him on most things he says, but he's still an American citizen. He has 1st Amendment rights just like every other American does.

They certainly did help build this country and are as much American citizens as any other!

I don't believe anyone's 1st Amendment rights extend to advocating the murder of a segment of the population though--no matter the color of their skin or the ethnicity they claim. If that sort of speech isn't racially motivated hate speech, I truly don't know what is.

J

ETA: I lost my internet while posting so this came out all wonky. Sorry

edit on 6/25/2015 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They certainly did help build this country and are as much American citizens as any other!

I don't believe anyone's 1st Amendment rights extend to advocating the murder of a segment of the population though--no matter the color of their skin or the ethnicity they claim. If that sort of speech isn't racially motivated hate speech, I truly don't know what is.

J

ETA: I lost my internet while posting so this came out all wonky. Sorry

No problem w/the internet thingy. My internet was acting funky last night so I could barely post.

Also, I want to be clear on something. I completely reject hate speech. I'm not supporting him or most of the things he says, just as I'm not supporting Michael Savage at all. However, we do have laws here. And I will always advocate for equal treatment under the laws. That's the major point I was making. That if it's hate speech & prosecutable or exile-able for him, then we need to apply that equally to others who do it. But if it's ok legally for others to do it, then we have to apply that same leniency to him.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

For the record, the "New Black Panther Party" is a fraud. They have nothing to do with the original Black Panthers and are like the Westboro Church. They seem more like a extreme "honeypot" organization, meant to attract & keep tabs on people with radical views. And just like Westboro, no one takes them seriously. Actually, people take Westboro more seriously because they actually file lawsuits & get a ton of media coverage. The "New Black Panther Party" is a joke (and this is coming from someone who respects the original Black Panthers).

I have a problem with Westboro calling themselves a church. At the least, they are a cult of hate. At their heart is a conglomeration of liberal attorneys seeing just how far they can push constitutional rights.

Everyone is angry at this point in time. Calling for more murders won't accomplish anything positive--for any of us.

NBPP has called in allies:

CHARLESTON, South Carolina — At a speech during a rally Tuesday night a block from the scene of the Charleston massacre of nine black churchgoers, New Black Panther ally Shaka Shakur treated the criminal attack as war, calling for “freestanding militias” to surround churches and claiming that alleged shooter Dylann Roof was a “solider” who “carried out his mission” after being trained and sent by others.

Shakur was introduced by New Black Panther Party leader Malik Zulu Shabazz, who started by contrasting his group with the forgiving, Christian attitude of many Charleston residents by saying that the Black Panther affiliated speakers are the “No Forgiveness Squad. The Death to our Enemies Squad.”

This Is War

As a proud Southerner, I want it very plain: I abhor Dylann Roff's actions. He didn't personify white people. He personified evil itself. I refuse to be judged by his actions.

J

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have a problem with Westboro calling themselves a church. At the least, they are a cult of hate. At their heart is a conglomeration of liberal attorneys seeing just how far they can push constitutional rights.

Everyone is angry at this point in time. Calling for more murders won't accomplish anything positive--for any of us.

NBPP has called in allies:

CHARLESTON, South Carolina — At a speech during a rally Tuesday night a block from the scene of the Charleston massacre of nine black churchgoers, New Black Panther ally Shaka Shakur treated the criminal attack as war, calling for “freestanding militias” to surround churches and claiming that alleged shooter Dylann Roof was a “solider” who “carried out his mission” after being trained and sent by others.

Shakur was introduced by New Black Panther Party leader Malik Zulu Shabazz, who started by contrasting his group with the forgiving, Christian attitude of many Charleston residents by saying that the Black Panther affiliated speakers are the “No Forgiveness Squad. The Death to our Enemies Squad.”

This Is War

As a proud Southerner, I want it very plain: I abhor Dylann Roff's actions. He didn't personify white people. He personified evil itself. I refuse to be judged by his actions.

J

I can understand that. It's the same way I feel about ISIS & other Wahabi groups claiming to be Muslims & then going completely against the Qur'an and other Islamic teachings. Here's the open letter that many Imams wrote to ISIS & their fake "caliph" which pointed out many of these contradictions. Open Letter to Baghdadi. Now I don't think Farrakhan is on that level since there's no follow through on his words. But on race, I do put him on the same level as the KKK, Aryan Nation, etc.

Also, the "New Black Panther Party" are frauds. They've been denounced by members of the original Black Panthers, including the widow of Black Panthers founder Huey Newton (and her organization). It would be like a new pop group calling themselves "The New Pink Floyd" and making fast paced booty music mixed with Buddhist extremism. It would have nothing to do with the original group other than a similar name.
Black Panthers denounce ‘new’ Panthers
edit on 25-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: sorry my typos were atrocious

edit on 25-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thank you for the links and the polite exchange of ideas. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Perhaps if more people will engage in civil discourse, we can begin to heal and once again be the UNITED States of America. Everday people doing everyday things--together. Now wouldn't that scare the pants off TPTB!

Be blessed

J

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thank you for the links and the polite exchange of ideas. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Perhaps if more people will engage in civil discourse, we can begin to heal and once again be the UNITED States of America. Everday people doing everyday things--together. Now wouldn't that scare the pants off TPTB!

Be blessed

J

Thank you & the same for you. If people focused on our similarities instead of our differences, things would always go smoother.

EDIT: Sorry, but I don't know why my posts seem emotionally cold. I just reread them & it seems like I'm being stern or something. Sorry if that's the perception. LOL I feel like I'm scolding you when I read them but I don't mean it like that at all.
edit on 25-6-2015 by enlightenedservant because: had to add clarification. it had to be Putin's fault

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It can be argued that the American flag is more racist since the war of Independence was specifically about slavery. The British banned slavery a few years before and the Declaration of Independence includes a part about freedom to import labor.

The confederate flag is more about greedy northerners imposing 80 percent of the taxes on the South, while spending 80 percent of the money in the North.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join