It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'A Great Day for Corporate America': US Senate Passes Fast Track

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are right, this days and for ever the people has never been represented, we are to be take advantage off, step on, controlled and abused by those that holds the power to do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

We still have the power to recall and impeach these traitors , reference Colorado's recall if your wondering how to do it.

OK, lets go, well come on, lets do this.

You still thinking "it won't happen to you" IT JUST DID !!! OK lets gooooooooooo.

CRICKET'S

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Guys it isn't over yet. The people haven't lost yet.

The Senate Passes Fast Track—But We Can Still Prevent the TPP Train Wreck

That means that we too must keep on fighting on. We'll be laser-focused on building more momentum to defeat the TPP, as well as the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and Trade in Services Agreement (TISA), which also contain harmful digital regulations. There's one silver lining to the Fast Track legislation, which is that it will force the White House to release the final trade texts for 60 days before Congress votes to ratify the agreements. Those two months will be critical to convince our lawmakers not to ratify the TPP. At that point, we'll have the official text to analyze and dissect, so we can better understand how the agreement will affect the Internet and demand that Congress reject the deal based on specific threats to users and innovators.

When the veil of secrecy is finally lifted, the President, the U.S. Trade Representative, and all other TPP proponents will no longer have anything to hide behind as they make sweeping claims about the deal's benefit to the "free and open Internet." We will then be able to show that international agreements negotiated in secret only lead to rotten digital policies.

edit on 25-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is an opportunity for everyone to make their voices heard.

Will they continue to ignore a nearly unanimous hatred for bill? How would they justify such a blatant affront to public opinion?

They'll surely use every trick in the book to distract us. Everyone needs to focus on this like a laser beam.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if it just got worse from here. It's been a long time since any government truly stood for the people...

When will the "people" realize? The bigger question is: What will they do? Just take it? Or throw it back in their face?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

If they want something passed, they'll find a way to pass it regardless. People no longer have any power here. Just look at Obamacare...It passed while the majority of republicans and even a good many democrats stood against it. Explain that one to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse
a reply to: TomLawless

If they want something passed, they'll find a way to pass it regardless. People no longer have any power here. Just look at Obamacare...It passed while the majority of republicans and even a good many democrats stood against it. Explain that one to me.

You're right. Our economy came close to collapsing in 2008, but the first thing on Obama's plate was to ram thru Obamacare. It's the main reason why the Cabal chose Obama to be President. That and to divide & distract the country with race issues. Anyone who opposes Obamacare is a "racist."

Obamacare is NOT about improving our healthcare, it's a massive expansion of Federal power and a tax hike on the middles classes (what's left of it). They're not giving it up. Which is one of the reasons I think Hillary has a good chance of winning. SCOTUS is corrupt and will not protect the American people.

But I digress -- slightly. The same Cabal owns all the important banks & international mega-corporations & mainstream media.

I may not believe in the Lizard People, but the "Bilderbergers" -- the steering committee for the world -- are real.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Knowledge of this fact has even become a detriment to ISIS recruitment, as jihadists refuse to join the terror group due to its ties to the Obama administration and Western intelligence.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Guys it isn't over yet. The people haven't lost yet.

The Senate Passes Fast Track—But We Can Still Prevent the TPP Train Wreck

That means that we too must keep on fighting on. We'll be laser-focused on building more momentum to defeat the TPP, as well as the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and Trade in Services Agreement (TISA), which also contain harmful digital regulations. There's one silver lining to the Fast Track legislation, which is that it will force the White House to release the final trade texts for 60 days before Congress votes to ratify the agreements. Those two months will be critical to convince our lawmakers not to ratify the TPP. At that point, we'll have the official text to analyze and dissect, so we can better understand how the agreement will affect the Internet and demand that Congress reject the deal based on specific threats to users and innovators.

When the veil of secrecy is finally lifted, the President, the U.S. Trade Representative, and all other TPP proponents will no longer have anything to hide behind as they make sweeping claims about the deal's benefit to the "free and open Internet." We will then be able to show that international agreements negotiated in secret only lead to rotten digital policies.

You are completely correct. After negotiations are finished and the "Agreement" finalized, the Senate will have the opportunity to vote on the treaty up or down. No Amendments will be considered - just the text of the treaty as written Yea or Nay by simple majority (a TREATY takes 2/3)

In a sense, I like this. It's simple and it will be obvious how our 'legislators' will vote (though I imagine many will be conveniently absent from DC).

We do have the opportunity to get a No vote - I'd love to see overwhelming and constant pressure on our Senators to vote No. Let's Do It. Right, Left and inbetweens - nobody wants this (well except for ... you know .. the collaborators and their masters).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

“How can we expect politicians who routinely receive campaign money, lucrative job offers, and lavish gifts from special interests to make impartial decisions that directly affect those same special interests?” Gidfar said. “As long as this kind of transparently corrupt behavior remains legal, we won’t have a government that truly represents the people.”

link

And if we don't have a Gov't that represents the people, what do we have...
I call it treason.
I mean, if they're not with us, they're against us.

I don't think we should allow this thread, or this topic-to end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join