It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic field discovery gives clues to galaxy-formation processes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: trifecta

The two posters debating frequency/resonance/plutonic solids (holographic) verses Electric Universe.....well, you're both right and you're both wrong. Material laws constitute BOTH. They are not mutually exclusive.

I can see that way, I can see why text for schools confuse the issue of what is electricity by anologies

Actually, Smurfy, they are BOTH wrong. Or all three, depending on how you want to look at it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
F***this, universe is built on sound which creates a pattern for photons it forms the basis for a 3D spectrum. Like a computer program with the algorithm already programmed. The Double-slit experiment shows how the spectrum works and chladni plate.

Thank you and goodbye

Cool story, sounds sciencey but in reality is gibberish.

If only you could have randomly worked in words and phrases like Singularity, Einstein-Rosen Bridge, Bose Condensate, Hypercube and Differential Equation. Higgs Field and particle-wave function, I'd have given you a star.

Just sayin'
edit on 24-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
Not getting much coverage in the Mainstream media

I think it's primarily because the general public considers astrophysics boring.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Not getting much coverage in the Mainstream media

I think it's primarily because the general public considers astrophysics boring.

I think it is because the Gatekeeper sites of the standard model do not even want people thinking there may be electrical forces at work. Space.com does not even mention it at all, though they do have an article from 2011.
Magnetic Fields May Rock Cosmic Cradles for Unborn Stars
www.space.com...
And I see there is no answer yet from this EU bashing site about the magnetic field question:
briankoberlein.com...-2496
Edit: Post is at bottom of page, can't link direcly to it.

edit on 24-6-2015 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think it is because the Gatekeeper sites of the standard model do not even want people thinking there may be electrical forces at work.

You assume a lot. Why wouldn't popular space sites want people thinking there may be electrical forces at work? Electromagnetic interactions is one of the major fields of study in astrophysics. That's why numerous space probes have instruments to study electromagnetism or plasma in the Solar System, and why that research into galactic electromagnetism was conducted in the first place.

The new findings _have_ been posted at several popular astronomy sites (including the one you linked) and magazines, so no one's hiding anything. The conspiracy is only in your mind.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And I see there is no answer yet from this EU bashing site about the magnetic field question:
briankoberlein.com...-2496
Edit: Post is at bottom of page, can't link direcly to it.

You mean this question?

Does this latest research change anything in your models?

Magnetic field discovery gives clues to galaxy-formation processes

“Spiral arms can hardly be formed by gravitational forces alone,” Beck said. “This new IC 342 image indicates that magnetic fields also play an important role in forming spiral arms.”

If you have a magnetic field, you must have electric currents.

So what if there are magnetic fields and electric currents that influence the formation of spiral arms? It still doesn't prove that stars are electric anodes that glow solely due electric discharge. Stars are very massive, and relatively dense, globes of matter that have huge gravity and put out titanic amounts of energy, so how can a galactic electric current form something like that?

Tip about links: if a link doesn't work as intended, use the [ url= ]Link[ /url ]" tags (without the spaces) to make something like this: Link.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

So what if there are magnetic fields and electric currents that influence the formation of spiral arms? It still doesn't prove that stars are electric anodes that glow solely due electric discharge. Stars are very massive, and relatively dense, globes of matter that have huge gravity and put out titanic amounts of energy, so how can a galactic electric current form something like that?

I've only started reading/looking into the whole EU thing...

However, One thing all the different hypothesis go with is that the effects of what we consider standard electricity scale up.

They (the EU crowd) state that the Birkeland (sp?) currents that create stars are massive compared to what we now recognize, and the ones that create galaxies are larger still.

If you have two intertwining and twisting currents that touch (think bare wires), you get a spark that eventually goes out. Maybe that is what we are seeing. Maybe that is what our star is - And the planets are just expulsions from the spark. Maybe the longevity of the spark scales up too?

As for gravity... It's an awfully weak force. For all we know, since we still don't understand it, it may be a slight side effect of the electromagnetic force that we only really see because of the scaling-up effect.

Like I said, I haven't gone through it all thoroughly to check it out, but I can tell you haven't either.

I'm not ready to say I either believe or disbelieve it, because I want to take the time to sit down and work through it fully before I come to a conclusion.

And no, I'm not just watching videos on Youtube...

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
If you have two intertwining and twisting currents that touch (think bare wires), you get a spark that eventually goes out. Maybe that is what we are seeing. Maybe that is what our star is - And the planets are just expulsions from the spark.
Where is the current coming from and why can't anybody measure it? To power the sun would require a stream of charged particles in such massive quantities that they would give off known signatures and we could easily detect it.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

From what I've read the current is in the background, causing the magnetic fields and plasma filaments we see linking galaxies in that nice "web" we see galaxies forming in.

What caused the current in the first place? I don't know. Voltage difference in the hydrogen ions in the void maybe?

I'm not going to say I know all the answers, because obviously I don't...

Do you know what caused the big bang to happen? If you don't... Why not?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
Do you know what caused the big bang to happen? If you don't... Why not?
Some answers we don't know like what caused the big bang, but some things we do know, such as what an electric current looks like. If you can't measure any electric current going into the sun, and you can't, then it's not powered by electric current.

In fact the solar wind consists of both positively and negatively charged particles flowing out from the sun. If the sun had an electrical potential of billions of volts as EU claimed, the electrons would be so attracted to the positive charge of the sun they wouldn't be flowing out like we see them flowing out. To say the idea of an electric sun has bigger holes in it than the grand canyon would be an understatement. Some claim the solar wind is not neutral but measurements show this is false:

www.badastronomy.com...

McCanney Claim #2: The Sun's solar wind is not electrically neutral.

All normal matter is made up of three types of particles: electrons, which have a negative charge, protons, which have a positive charge, and neutrons, which are neutral.

a wind from the Sun The Sun is a big ball of gas. It emits a wind of particles from its surface, called, of course, the solar wind. According to McCanney, this wind has a net positive charge because "it continually ejects large composite streamers of primarily protons in the solar wind" (from his book "Planet X Comets & Earth Changes", page 54).

This is simply wrong. There are many experiments in space which directly measure the solar wind, and have found it to be ionized, but electrically neutral. In other words, the same number of positive and negative particles are emitted (see, for example, here, or here). If the Sun's wind were primarily positive particles, then the Sun would build up a vast negative charge on its surface. This would affect everything about the Sun, from its magnetic field to the way the surface features behave. We see no indications at all that the Sun has a huge negative charge.

For McCanney to make this claim is just bizarre, and completely contradictory to all evidence. But he's stuck with it, because it's basic to his other silly claims.

Conclusion: The solar wind is electrically neutral, not positively charged. McCanney is wrong.

But sure, read something written by a crank that makes you feel like you know more than all the mainstream scientists, pat yourself on the back for being smarter than all of them and having better measurements though you've measured nothing. That's got to be the appeal because there's noting compelling for an electrically powered sun in the way of science, logic, or experimental evidence.

By the way the fusion model explains the sun pretty well, and the sun does have a lot of electrical and magnetic properties, it's just not powered by electric current, and it's the epitome of ignorance to claim that it is. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Single vector higher order (notice the location in which these pierce the torus). The "snap-to" guides and piezoelectric effect of reality:

Landmark study proves that magnets can control heat and sound [Link]

“This adds a new dimension to our understanding of acoustic waves,” said Joseph Heremans, Ohio Eminent Scholar in Nanotechnology and professor of mechanical engineering at Ohio State. “We’ve shown that we can steer heat magnetically. With a strong enough magnetic field, we should be able to steer sound waves, too.”

Anyone can complicate a given subject, but true genius is in simplifying to its basic form...

"Love moves from image to frontier." -Americanist

image. Mathematics . the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.

Also called frontier. Mathematics . the collection of all points of a given set having the property that every neighborhood of each point contains points in the set and in the complement of the set.

3 - System of 33 - Truth (Universal Structure)

Infinity - The Sum of All Things Zero (Zero Sum)

I concluded that gravity is the push towards the displacement of energy and heat is of course wasted energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join