It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is loading my Youtube/Google profile(or reding cache) for minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It happens when I don't play embed video on ATS for a weeks and then I click on it. My browser is frozen and hdd is running for too long period of time. Not to mention my mind is wondering how much data has to be checked by what script.
There's that thing that I like to have a couple of hundreds of tabs opened in my browser (including few dozens of ATS trheads) but most of them aren't loaded. It has to be the whole cache being read or I don't know. It's annoying at best
edit on 23/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 23/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: changed the name of the thread

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

There's that thing that I like to have a couple of hundreds tabs opened in my browser (including few dozens of ATS threads)…

Thats probably it.

Clear tabs, cookies and cache.

Reset browser and or system, too.

Keep it refreshed, your mileage may vary.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
but i like it the way it is. It's my business, isn't it? I say "Could you stop reading my whole cache and history, whatever please?"

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
but i like it the way it is. It's my business, isn't it? I say "Could you stop reading my whole cache and history, whatever please?"

The problem with that is all those open tabs fill you active memory so processing of new requests will take forever, as you have reported.

You could try bookmarking these favorites, storing them for further use.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah. I know I could surf smoother with such a habit but my new requests are fine. It's only ATS / embed youtube problem and maybe a few mainstream news servers like bbc lagging me from time to time. It's ATS reading my youtube/google history or yoogle reading my ATS which I doubt. Maybe I could try to block googleapis,googleusercontent,googleanalytics as I block doubleclick etc. I'd rather try to fix their habits with noscript,adblock and denying cookies.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You're creating your own problem....unless you own a super computer that can keep all that open.

Seriously? Cmon!

Perhaps a short course on computer science? Memory etc, and how much it take to eave things open and cookies holding...ram etc?
edit on 23-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It's not a rocket science. Firefox.exe takes 1.4Gb + plugin-container 0,5Gb of RAM - so much less memory than an old game and I've got plenty of memory left + unlimited virtual memory, CPU is never on 100% only the HDD is reading stuff. With 5 youtube tabs opened out of maybe 15 and a few other simple sites with minimum _javascripting. The problems are the cross-site-scripts. Facebook, Google+,etc - their behaviour or ATS scripts. Like I said I have only problem with one site and embed video on it and I have this problem only from time to time if I don't use it on daily basis. Like my web history is read from the disk. My tabs are opened but not loaded. Who needs to read them all and make my browser not responding? What else could it be?
edit on 23/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

Sorry but I gotta go now. Leave me some ideas pls

edit on 23/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

(including few dozens of ATS trheads)

I'm guessing that's an exaggeration but even so close some tabs.
When was the last time you cleaned your registry , HD and defragged ?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Actually I'm a bit obsessed with cleaning my machines, registry and all. On daily basis. That's not it.
I'm experiencing Adobe Flash player crashes at least twice a month. It can be related. Maybe I could raise flash player memory in global settings but I'm afraid I was there alreadyfew times in the past and it didn't solve anything
edit on 23/6/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thats a whole lotta justification of what to most of us...is due to multiple of multiple windows held open...for your convenience....and at the computers ability to perform.

Movie editors? Nope...at most under 8-10 windows in product.
Police Dept? Nope.
FIRE Dept? Nope.
Emergency Services? (My job)..no.
FBI? No.
Homeland Security? (also part of my job)? No.
White House?......are we getting the point here?

Its all you...as you've explained to us. So...problem determined....resolution rejected
edit on 23-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

top topics

join